Where To Donate Baby Clothes?

elektrified

I arrive in chiang mai october 12. I work with tribal people that lives in the slum (po karen, akha and lahu).

If you want to give your cloths to me so I can give them I would be very very happy! (I always bring with me 40 lbs of cloths from norway each time I travel ;), but I don't have any baby cloths because I only get cloths to kids 2-10 here..)

Edited by kamp

Freedom House works hard to help people and does a great job. I donate all kins of extra stuff to them. They work primarily with Burmese refugees or migrant families, so they have needs to help everybody from grown-ups to kids. I've donated toys n art equipment, and then clothes and extra household wares.

Just a couple weeks ago I saw they were working with indigent laborers who live beside a building project in those little shanty-town style, slap-together huts of wood and corrugated aluminum. In this season of dengue they were trying to coordinate mosquito net donations to help workers avoid being bitten and keep their families safe. These folks are real advocates for people just trying to live and get by. Hats off to 'em !

• Like 1

Baan Kin Kaew (Thai-run) on Thannon Wuwalai also does a good job, and is known to be very protective of their kids. I also have a feeling they might get an awful lot of donations regularly as they're in a great location. I'm curious to learn more of the group in Mae Jo (Aussie, huh?) n what they do, they sound like they might be up to good things. Might be nice to hand something off to somebody new n learn where it goes/ who you help.

Freedom House is Farang-run.