Best Smartphone To Buy To Connect To Los ?

anisathai

I've been using my Nokia E72 on EDGE/GPRS throughout Thailand tethered to my Sony Vaio laptop. I've used this in transit on bus, and in Phuket, Hua Hin, Chiang Mai, Udon Thani, Bangkok and always connects and gives great service. I've used both AIS and DTAC sims/data plans with fast connections from both. I bought this phone specifically for what your asking. I did very comparative shopping prior to purchase, and this phone was the best. It's 3G too which works in Chiang Mai, Bangkok, and Hua Hin at the moment with more areas soon.

I will be leaving Thailand soon, and will be parting with my phone. This is still the current flagship Qwerty keyboard model(sales for 13,xxx baht). Also the free Ovi navigation is easy to use and nice when traveling here. Can view my add on Thai Visa classifieds here http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/electronics/cell-phones/nokia-e72-smartphone-like-new-69111.html

Hi, what do you think about the HTC Wildfire ? Someone bought it ? Thanks :)

I've got one purchased recently and if I read the operating manual correctly it has the same capability that the OP desires and described above by D24. I've never used it for the purpose described as I don't use my laptop unless I'm somewhere comfortable with wireless or landline connection but the wildfire connects easily to the internet wherever there is wireless available...never used it as a mobile modem for the laptop, got a 3G/EDGE/GSM USB device for that purpose but it can be used as a modem with a suitable SIM card in service...

the wildfire is a nice phone but I'm talking from the perspective of someone that never had anything better than a nokia 1680 before...

google the wildfire operating manual to check out the details..it's got loads of features...

Edited by tutsiwarrior