If You Are Listening To Music Now..

Dust Brothers are from L.A I believe.

The Chemical Brothers originally had called themselves Dust brothers too, early nineties, but soon changed their name to Chemical Brothers.

Speaking of all this; Johnny Cash was a big Coke and Pill head wasn't he?

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tchaikovsky - The Nutcracker (complete ballet)

I bet you can't listen to 'March' without thinking of ELP and 'Dance of the reed pipes' without thinking of Cadburys chocolate!

Nor Dvorak's New World symphony without thinking of Hovis :o

Only The Lonely - Motels

Outrageous! "Only the lonely" belongs to Roy Orbison :o

True...but not this one.

This was Martha Davis and the Motels from the early '80's. Great voice, but I think I heard she had throat cancer...never did find out what happened.

Looks like Google homework coming soon.

Here it is...

Martha Davis shot to fame in the early 80's when her L.A.-based new wave band The Motels came into the MTV spotlight with their hit song Only the Lonely. In 1987 (the same year which Excellent Adventure was filmed) the band disbanded when Davis learned she had cancer. She had recorded a solo album, Policy, and fortunately she survived her bout with cancer.

http://www.billandted.org/davis.html

The tag on the song says Syd Barrett w/. the Beatles

The song is called What a Shame Mary Jane.

(Rare outtakes, demo's and acetates)

Anybody?

Syd Barrett's participation in this recording is highly doubtful. The actual title of the song is "What's the New Mary Jane". It's an out-take from the White Album sessions. An official version was released in 1996 on Anthology 3. John Lennon seemed particularly fond of this one: a Plastic Ono Band single was seriously considered for 1969 with "What's the New Mary Jane" as the A-side and "You Know My Name (Look Up the Number)" as the B-side.

:o:D

Listening to "Scream thy last scream"

by... I think it's Barrett (with the floyd) ...

Thing about this limewire, is a lot of people just stick any old crap on the file as information: I downloaded a tune by TWaits, whom I cherish as an artist.

It was a cover of one of his tracks by Natalie Merchant. It was okay, but the tag said that is was

her With T waits. Blatant crap as it was only her.

Also a lot of Pink Floyd covers are credited as duets with Floyd but are not at all. Quite frustrating on the one hand, on the other, I'm doing a lot more research into hidden gems :D

now Gloria by Van Morrison and this time it IS with John Lee Hooker backing him up. Cool! :D

and hothouse flowers a beauty of a track that has sounds of both PFloyd Wall era and sounds of prince purple rain era: Ballad of Katie

I have the re-release of Kevin Ayers 'Joy of a Toy' album and I noticed that included in the bonus tracks was 'Religious Experience' featuring Syd Barrett on guitar.

It features some really great psychedelic guitar work.

I did not really discover Kevin Ayers until those brilliant 'Old Grey Whistle Test' DVD's were released.

Good stuff.

took me a long two and a half minutes to find that track... I should be enjoying a "religious experience" in about 4 and half minutes :D

In the meantime, Chris Cornell's - You Know My Name (from the CRoyale movie) , which I'm really growing to like a lot, the more I listen to it.

A wee random Live playlist I got going on.

Started with

Cypress Hill - Hand on the Pump - Live at Fillmore East

Cypress Hill - Stoned is the Way of the Walk

Stevie Ray Vaugh - Ft. BB King - Texaz Flood

Roger Waters & Eric Clapton - The Gunner's Dream

Tom Waits & The Boss - Jersey Girl

Tom Waits & Michael Garlington - Hard Rain Coming Down on Me

and I came across another SYD & AyErS track called Singing a song in the morning (not live)

edit: just listened to it. Not entirely sure if syd's on there. It may be another case of incorrect file tags. (maybe from the same album as their collaboration)

Edited by kayo