Looking For Nice Clean And Quiet Moo Baans

westbounder

Hi,

I am a single male Farang looking to rent a nice house in a clean and quiet moo baan (no barking dogs or roosters) located near Doi Saket or just off of route 118 on the way to Doi Saket.

I would like to spend 7 to 10,000 per month plus utilities for a 2 or 3 bedroom house. Can anyone tell me of a mu baan that may have what I am looking for?

Also directions of the mu baans location as I can not read Thai signs.

Thank you

Joe

Hello, I suggest the Mobaan Intrashitchaai or neiboring Baan Mai Muang (or something like that) halfway Doi Saket, it's clean, lots of open space and very tranquil there. Not like the usual compounds, all houses are build freestyle, lots of nature. Foreigners love this place.

you can pm me if you like to come look some houses for rent, i know some of them.

Hello, I suggest the Mobaan Intrashitchaai or neiboring Baan Mai Muang (or something like that) halfway Doi Saket, it's clean, lots of open space and very tranquil there. Not like the usual compounds, all houses are build freestyle, lots of nature. Foreigners love this place.

you can pm me if you like to come look some houses for rent, i know some of them.

Intrashitchaai is a good call, and it's minutes away from Taweechol park which is a bonus.

bangkokcitylimits - you have photo? how money 1 month if i need rent 1 year? how money 1 unit electric? how much water? 3 m3 - free?

:unsure:

Lol... nice one Bkkcity- :lol: I can answer in the general sense as been looking around for a new place for sometime.

Photo- he not an agent yet offerred to show u around- fine offer if not an agent or then it simply his job. Does not sound like it by the last response- as Agents take 1 month commission per 6 months or owners can get them down to 1 month for 12 months often.

Agents simply go looking around the Moo Barns also for places to rent out then do the professional thing of photos, adverts, shop front, etc. Save 10-15% by DIY.

1 Year- Bond 2 months + 1 month in advance- well they try but never pay that much- 1 month Bond is fair unless they have 100K bt furniture inclusive. I believe this is because of Agents taken far too much commission, or trying too. So they ask for 2 months Bond + 1 month in advance to pay agent. Direct you will do far better.:lol:

1 unit electric is approx 4bt per unit

Water approx. 100-200bt

Cable dependant on plan...

Internet dependant on plan- from 200bt to 2000bt...

Typically found owners will come down quite a lot if the homes not been let for sometime- in other words they missing the income.

You can wonder the streets yourself in vehicle and simply get to know the Thai word for rent as opposed to SALE. Sellers often rent cheap as well- if you willing to leave with 60 days but last time they gave me 12 MONTHS to leave as new buyers wished for the income... also most sales take a year or more.

That side of city is good- does that park have playground equipment for young ones?

I PMed u BKKcity- we have a half dozen booked to see between Airport Plaza to Big C Hang Dong Moo Barns.

Like the sound of these Moo Barns- I also do not like the roosters- country noises- etc.

Nice modern looking homes is what we are looking at near same prices as OP. Or should I say at 20K bt pm looking homes for as low as we can get them- Lol.:lol:

Why pay 6-10% yield to a Condo owner when you can pay 2-4% to a home owner. Plus the 1yo son a factor now, needs more room, etc.

Cheers Jay

:jap:

Edited by jayinoz

Y'know Jay, Moo Baans located Airport Plaza, Big C, Han Dong have 1 big "but" --> plane noises...

And I am a big fan of DIY, but it can be stressful as you don't know where to look for, signs are in Thai.

Anyway, I got so annoyed by a real estate agent, that I am back on the DIY-road again. How can she possibly have a business this way. Advertising in English, but telling me "no speak English" and disconnecting me rudely. And suggesting me I should send her an email, but she does'nt even reply... I gave up.

I read how businesses go down and how foreigner leave CM, but obviously this lady has enough clients.

OK, back to the subject!

bangkokcitylimits - you have photo? how money 1 month if i need rent 1 year? how money 1 unit electric? how much water? 3 m3 - free?

:unsure:

Lol... nice one Bkkcity- :lol: I can answer in the general sense as been looking around for a new place for sometime.

Photo- he not an agent yet offerred to show u bla bla bla bla etc.

Cheers Jay

:jap:

Forgot to tell you, but my ex and I have a house for rent/sale in Baan Pimuk 1, not so far from the 'clocktower' (Rimping Supermarket) we had it build new, some years ago, but nobody lived in it yet. Traditional Thai 'living upstairs' house, in new style, loved by foreigners. Some design details added by myself. Large garden double plot and many free view around, nice view on the Suthep mountain from the front upper terrace. Moo baan is not too bad, various foreigners living there, garden is empty but well maintained, unfurnished.

The text as it was in the (deleted) Thaivisa Classifieds section:

Traditional Thai home in modern version, on double plot (848 sqm) Finished in 2005, no people lived in it yet. This artistic home is situated on a large plot in a popular Moo Baan approximately 6 km from the city, few minutes to Rimping Supermarket, and markets. The house has a very relaxing atmosphere and will make you feel at home from the very first moment. The garden is empty though well maintained. Extra buildings or a second house can be added, plenty of space. The village offers facilities like a swimming pool, fitness centre and clubhouse. This guarded village is not one of those abandoned ghost towns. The property is new and offered unfurnished, with western-style bathroom fittings, a staycool roof and a large upper terrace (view on Doi Suthep mountain) large balcony at the backside. The property also benefits from lots of storage space.

imgvwolec.jpg

picture 1 picture 2 picture 3 picture 4

:blink:

Edited by bangkokcitylimits

Ah, I like the house! Spacious & bright, enough personal space around. If I were to stay here for at least a year I would definetely have a look at it.

But right now I'm in a position to rent for 6 months, just to find out if CM is a place I like to live all year round. So a furnished house is preferred right now.

But great location and type of house.

I've a friend who lives on Golf Park Village just off the 118 towards Doi Saket. It's on the left as you come back towards town, clearly signed.

The houses are all quite new and you get some garden. Should be able to find exactly what you need within your budget. Utilities are all billed by utilities not landlords so are at regular prices.

Virtuall every Moo Baan I've ever seen has some dogs but not all are noisy, there's about 7 in the house behind me and I don't hear them too often

Hello, I suggest the Mobaan Intrashitchaai or neiboring Baan Mai Muang (or something like that) halfway Doi Saket, lots of nature. Foreigners love this place.

I'd like to nosy around this Moobaan but need directions.

1. I don't suppose those English letters in the title, "Intrashitchaai" are actually emblazoned in a big sign at the entrance to the Moobaan are they? And I don't read Thai.

2. I'm assuming its on the LEFT going NORTH and is the Entrance to this Moobaan directly on the 118?

3."Halfway to Doi Saket", isn't much help. From the SuperHighway ( 11) to the Doi Saket turnoff on the 118 its 15.5 kms. Can you hazard a clearer guess at the distance from Hwy 11 to your Moobaan?

4.A Landmark - always the best pointer - would help.The two Cosmo Oil Stations are about 10kms. from the SuperHighway and The Horizon Resort / Tweechol Garden Complex about 12kms.

5.Quote Anonymouse :" It's minutes away from Tweechol". Could this be translated into kms. and a compass direction added?

Hello, I suggest the Mobaan Intrashitchaai or neiboring Baan Mai Muang (or something like that) halfway Doi Saket, lots of nature. Foreigners love this place.

1. I don't suppose those English letters in the title, "Intrashitchaai" are actually emblazoned in a big sign at the entrance to the Moobaan are they? And I don't read Thai.

2. I'm assuming its on the LEFT going NORTH and is the Entrance to this Moobaan directly on the 118?

3."Halfway to Doi Saket", isn't much help. From the SuperHighway ( 11) to the Doi Saket turnoff on the 118 its 15.5 kms. Can you hazard a clearer guess at the distance from Hwy 11 to your Moobaan?

4.A Landmark - always the best pointer - would help.The two Cosmo Oil Stations are about 10kms. from the SuperHighway and The Horizon Resort / Tweechol Garden Complex about 12kms.

5.Quote Anonymouse :" It's minutes away from Tweechol". Could this be translated into kms. and a compass direction added?

Coming from Chiangmai, take the entrance on the right side, just before the 2nd Cosmo filling station.

When inside and you turn right at the T junction (the large wooden house left side seems to be from Thaksins sister) after 1Km there are few big 'S' curves, after passing the barb-wired field on the left side, you can enter the other moo baan at the right side. Lot's of really nice houses with large gardens for rent and for sale there.

Back to the T junction after the entrance near Cosmo, when you go left instead, follow the 180 degree curve, take the first street left, the first building on the left is the office where you can do further inquiries etc. they know all the houses and it's owners.

Coming from Chiangmai, take the entrance on the right side, just before the 2nd Cosmo filling station.

When inside and you turn right at the T junction (the large wooden house left side seems to be from Thaksins sister) after 1Km there are few big 'S' curves, after passing the barb-wired field on the left side, you can enter the other moo baan at the right side. Lot's of really nice houses with large gardens for rent and for sale there.

Back to the T junction after the entrance near Cosmo, when you go left instead, follow the 180 degree curve, take the first street left, the first building on the left is the office where you can do further inquiries etc. they know all the houses and it's owners.

Many thanks for those detailed directions. Just what I needed. I get lost in Supermarkets ; can never find the exit.

imgvwolec.jpg

You forgot to tell us the price?

There is a wide range of properties in Intrachidchai....going from one floor jobs with a few bedrooms for maybe 1800 000 with small blocks of say 80 wah, to 2 floor jobs with pools that have gone for just under 10 000 000 on say just over 200 wah.

Its a big Moo bann with a wide variety.

Edited by mamborobert

There is a wide range of properties in Intrachidchai....going from one floor jobs with a few bedrooms for maybe 1800 000 with small blocks of say 80 wah, to 2 floor jobs with pools that have gone for just under 10 000 000 on say just over 200 wah.

Its a big Moo bann with a wide variety.

Unfortunately

10 million bht a month seems a little out of the original posters price range, I think he was looking in the 7,000 to 10,000bht a month region.

Edited by sarahsbloke

imgvwolec.jpg

You forgot to tell us the price?

Actually I forgot mentioning the price yes, around 3M, rent not sure will ask my ex in BKK because she always changes her mind. She is looking for a husband too, so perhaps you are interested in an all-in-one deal :lol: Promised to look for a nice loving guy for her...

Actually I forgot mentioning the price yes, around 3M, rent not sure will ask my ex in BKK because she always changes her mind. She is looking for a husband too, so perhaps you are interested in an all-in-one deal :lol: Promised to look for a nice loving guy for her...

Funny you should mention that, my previous landlady 'fogot' to move out when I rented my last place, lasted 8 months and was a lot of fun.

Unfortunately I am now married (not to the former landlady), and I think the current wife would object to another woman in the house.