Travel Agent

Niloc

I book with the airlines direct of the internet (Thai, Singapore and Airasia) and it is always cheaper.

Sometimes one is half the price of another just check around, even occasions with a night stay over.

I would check that when you are leaving (and returning) is not on a shoulder season (like the Easter/Anzac Day hols and School hols. You would be surprised how much the flight costs go down outside peak and shoulder just by changing a day or two...especially on Airasia

The airlines cannot simply stop flying when they do not have full flights as they are contractually bound to the Aussie govt for x flights per week when they make the initial bid for access to fly to Australia....so there are deals to be done

Edited by mamborobert

I have just booked a Melbourne Chiangmai return with Thai Airways, 36,000 baht. Yes I realise that both SQ and QF are cheaper, but I get the last evening flight out of Chiangmai, and only have an hour and a half in Bangkok before my flight to Melbourne, and it's a direct flight. Unlike SQ that goes via Singapore with a lengthy stopover, even if you take Silk Air. Similarly all QF flights go via Sydney. I have used Seatours on Changklan for fifteen or more years now, and have found them very competitive.

Depends what your budget is, e.g.

March 8th - 30 th Air Asia 15,000 Baht return from KL- Melbourne

Same dates CNX - KL Air Asia 3,300 Baht return

Not sure how the times work out, you might need some time in the Tune box, but two can go return for about 40 -42,000 Baht.

You also need to be sure of your dates, otherwise book with one of the bigger carriers.

Thanks UpTheos. thst soumds pretty good to me, we would like to leave late Feb and return early april which would give us a month in OZ...

Thanks,

Colin in Pai

Those dates are more expensive - more like 48-50,000 for the two of you with the AA extras.

For travel agents, I like dealing with Travel Shoppe at Thapae Gate and PP travel on Thapae Road.

Edited by uptheos

Using travel agents is sometimes risky as there are many cheating companies.

I suggest you book direct with the airlines without any risk.

I agree that booking direct is the cheapest way to go, but if you want to use a Travel Agent, Khun Praneet at PP Travel and Khun Pidet at Travel Shoppe will do their best to get you a good deal. And if you already have a quote, tell them and they will beat if if they can......they're always open to helping out us cheap charlie members.wink.gif

try looking at Tiger airway - i cannot remember if i was right ,,

if you looking for cheap . their doing .. $0 fly in to bangkok or is it singapore and a flight to Aus for 299b .

anyway not sure what the real price try checking it out .

• 2 weeks later...

Well We went to Thapai gate but could not find any of the travel agents suggested here, not one!!

We found a place called 'STA travel and they could do OZ and back for 7200 baht each with Singapore Air and that was the best price we found but they could not do the dates we wanted.. so it looks like a quick trip to BKK is called for, at lreast we now have a price to bargain with....

Colin

I always go to K&K Business, halfway Tapae Road right next to Tapae Inn hotel, just before the + junction (AIS office).

This guy is an Indian, straight and down to earth and he does a lot for his customers. Always finds you the best rates, sometimes advises to wait with a booking if a little later you will save money etc, he really cares and find you the best rates.

I prefer him over any Thai as I know I can trust him, and most Thais have too much reserves.

A smart guy you can trust, his wife is lovely too..

K&K Business

053-252388

edit: oh just see i have answered this topic before it's not a new one. :huh:

Edited by bangkokcitylimits

Well We went to Thapai gate but could not find any of the travel agents suggested here, not one!!

We found a place called 'STA travel and they could do OZ and back for 7200 baht each with Singapore Air and that was the best price we found but they could not do the dates we wanted.. so it looks like a quick trip to BKK is called for, at lreast we now have a price to bargain with....

Colin

Singapore Airlines 7,200 Baht return??

Colin

Singapore Airlines 7,200 Baht return??

I think you might find it 72,000 Baht return

Silk air go to Singapore and then Singapore Airlines to Melbourne.

2 years ago i wa stuck in Chiang Mai with the Bkk Airport being closed.

It cost me A$500 just to get to Singapore with Silk Air so that was 12,500 Baht then, and that 1 way.

If yo go to the Air Asia office or check on the net you should find a better price.

The only difference is that you will be going via Malaysia.

I always book online and have heaps.

Good luck on you costs. :)

I've used Wandering Star Tours,which is located between Mad Dog and Big John's on a side road..

Farang owed but run by 2 lovely and helpful Thai Ladies(Dao and Anne).

They have advised when to wait for good prices etc.

They are on 053273602

:jap:Regards

I've travelled between Melb and CM about 4 times in the last year:

Cheapest to most expensive:

Air aisa is the cheapest IF you get their sales fares. Otherwise they are about the same as the next option.

Jetstar, will get you return from BK about 22k baht per person, on normal fares (maybe a little cheaper if you get the specials which will be about 9k baht one way). Fly air asia from CM to BK for a few k baht. WIll only be at BK for a few hours (about 2).

Singapore air is about the same as Thai air return, you will be looking at around 33k+ baht per person, advantage is both fly from CM without the need for a a sepearte flight to BK and includes food and entertainment (Jetstar does not like air asia).

Sing fly CM-Sing-Melb. Thai fly CM-BK-Melb. (all including transfers).

Qantas are too expensive and have the annoying stop over in Sydney.

I usually fly Jetstar return its the best option (and most economical), unless I'm travel restricted and then have flown either Thai or Singapore air.

Be aware if you fly air asia you have to pick up your bags at KL and re check in (means you must go out and back into customs). The flights are also stupid in that the CM-KL flight arrives at about 12pm. The flight departing to Melb leaves at 1 (which you won't make) or midnight, so you will have a 10hour + wait at KL airport.

Hope this helps. Book Jetstar online yourself. Air asia domestic you can book at the local office in CM.