Uk Passport

If the sponsor's original uk passport is sent to regent house with all the other supporting documents for the uk settlement visa, do they hand back the original passport and just forward copies of the passport onto the embassy? or do the embassy want to see the original passport because the passport doesn't have certified copies with it?

sorry but you might be getting confused here, your UK passport doesn't get sent anywhere, you photo copy it and sign it yourself, it's a pain but if I were you i'd copy every page from front to back just to be sure and know it is complete.

The embassy do not want to see the sponsor's original passport, but they do want to see a certified copy of it.

As norrona says, you can copy and certify it yourself "I [name] certify that this is a true copy of passport no.............."

There are photocopying facilities inside the VAC, 3 baht per page.

Guest jonzboy

OK, I know i used a different visa application centre, but I was told in the local instruction checklist to include a copy of my UK passport (current passport only) including all pages with landing/departure/visa chops, PLUS I voluntarily included all my expired passports (sent the originals, but these were returned).

Of course, the ECO can access your passport details, including photo, on their computer system, so why would they need to see the original? however, all those chops can help prove your case as a sponsor as it will show, for example, your entry and departure dates to the applicant's home country, i.e. Thailand, or to other countries which correspond to those in the applicant's passport(s), e.g. on holiday in Vietnam, China, etc

Edited by jonzboy