Cricket And Tennis From Australia

tlcwaterfall

Hi,

Is there any way to watch the Test cricket and international tennis from here in Thailand. I have not seen the cricket on True but they seem to have some tennis on from time to time. I mailnly want to watch cricket matches that Australia are playing in as well as international tennis matches.

Would love to watch the telecasts of the cricket and tennis that I used to watch in Australia. Is there a way to access Australian television from here?

Does anyone know of a way to do this please. Any helpful replies are much appreciated.

Happy to receive pms from anyone if this is more appropriate.

Edited by tlcwaterfall

I am in the same boat. Would dearly love to watch the cricket. A while back, I was in an Indian restaurant in Bangkok, they had test cricket. They told me they were getting Channel 5 , from India, I guess by satellite.I think this Indian channel televises EVERY test match, but cannot prove it. Also ,I believe Channel 9 in Oz may sent it out via Satellite, but I am not sure, would like to know if they do and how we may receive it here in Thailand.Maybe we should try to contact the Cricket Association, in Bangkok.Does anyone have ANY contact details?Written in great hope.

I would have liked to watch the just completed test match between Australia and India. However, the Indian channel on my cable was only showing some riveting lawn bowls and badmington matches from the Commonwealth Games with commentry in Hindi or something. :ermm:

Unfortunately I was watching the loss to India yesterday arvo in the internet, with a reasonably good feed. It did cut out in the last 5 minutes of play, when I assume it was overloaded after all the Indians looged on in the excitement.

Unfortunately I was watching the loss to India yesterday arvo in the internet, with a reasonably good feed. It did cut out in the last 5 minutes of play, when I assume it was overloaded after all the Indians looged on in the excitement.

How did you get it? Love to know. Was it channel 5 from India?

Having lived in LOS for some 6 years and running an Aussie bar in Pattaya I have researched this subject in some detail and would summerise what I am certain are the answers to several questions

1. Australian Network is readily available on Sophin cable but not on True/UBC or you can get a free card for your satellite encoder from the ABC. The programs are fairly restricted to News & Documentaries, Kids programs, repeats of Ozzie soapies and language lessonsbut generally sports are restricted - cricket is not shown except if a test in Australia plently of AFL, NRL, International Rugby during the season and car racing.
  2. True/UBC Satellite Platinum service gets plenty of European & USA sports very rare to get any Australian Sports, maily EPL "Soccer"
  3. I have seen Indian cricket channels in Bangkok and have madecontact to receive via combination of Internet/Satellite but is expensive
  4. Astra services from KL are available but you need sattelite system and apply for service from Malaysis but I understand there are some legal aspects that need to be considered but I have seen the Indian cricket channels in BKK but in Pattay Sophon only show 2 stations which have European Football & tennis.
  5. You can purchase a satellite sytem that gets many Free to Air channels from around the world but OUR sports are generally not FTA so not available
  6. No Australian TV is allowed to be transmitted outside the Australian footprint and that footprint does not cross the equator.
  7. There are some illegal pirate systems that used to work but now that the South African authorities have restricted their footprint to sub-sahraian you can not get in LOS

I hope this clarifies it for you. I am continually looking and I will let you know if I find anything suitable.

Maybe there is someone out there that has an answer but at this stage I can not find an answer.

Cheers

How did you get it? Love to know. Was it channel 5 from India?

No, it was myp2p.eu

You can google it

Having lived in LOS for some 6 years and running an Aussie bar in Pattaya I have researched this subject in some detail and would summerise what I am certain are the answers to several questions

1. Australian Network is readily available on Sophin cable but not on True/UBC or you can get a free card for your satellite encoder from the ABC. The programs are fairly restricted to News & Documentaries, Kids programs, repeats of Ozzie soapies and language lessonsbut generally sports are restricted - cricket is not shown except if a test in Australia plently of AFL, NRL, International Rugby during the season and car racing.
  2. True/UBC Satellite Platinum service gets plenty of European & USA sports very rare to get any Australian Sports, maily EPL "Soccer"
  3. I have seen Indian cricket channels in Bangkok and have madecontact to receive via combination of Internet/Satellite but is expensive
  4. Astra services from KL are available but you need sattelite system and apply for service from Malaysis but I understand there are some legal aspects that need to be considered but I have seen the Indian cricket channels in BKK but in Pattay Sophon only show 2 stations which have European Football & tennis.
  5. You can purchase a satellite sytem that gets many Free to Air channels from around the world but OUR sports are generally not FTA so not available
  6. No Australian TV is allowed to be transmitted outside the Australian footprint and that footprint does not cross the equator.
  7. There are some illegal pirate systems that used to work but now that the South African authorities have restricted their footprint to sub-sahraian you can not get in LOS

I hope this clarifies it for you. I am continually looking and I will let you know if I find anything suitable.

Maybe there is someone out there that has an answer but at this stage I can not find an answer.

Cheers

Re:: 3 Can you please explain further-Is it possible to receive by internet ? As I said ,i saw test cricket on a T.V., in an Indian restaurant in Bangkok, they told me it came from Channel 5. Do you have any knowledge of this?

As mentioned above most of the Sports on the old DSTV (South African network) are also on Astro and more besides including the Cricket (Australia vrs India in the Airtel series)

post-63721-084150000 1286343471_thumb.jp

As mentioned above most of the Sports on the old DSTV (South African network) are also on Astro and more besides including the Cricket (Australia vrs India in the Airtel series)

How do you get Astro?. What equipment do you need?. how much does it cost? Any help, much appreciated

I agree that Astra seems the way to go.

I am getting some informationfrom KL re a subscription then I'll need to get a dish the decoder might come in a package ex KL Don't think there are any agents in BKK-Pattaya area.

Anyone know anything re this?

How do you get Astro?. What equipment do you need?. how much does it cost? Any help, much appreciated

Equipment: Dish, dish electronics (LNB), cable, set top box

Cost : varies, but if you want HD it is a tad expensive at the moment for the limited HD channels

Help: Contact the site sponsor at www.jsat.tv or feel free to PM me for all the options

You can get a lot of Australian programs on ABC Asia Pacific it is free, you will need a 2.3 M C Band dish. They will have the V8 Super cars on 10/10/2010 for example.

Can you tell us how much it costs and how to tune it.Can you get Channel 9 on it?All help much appreciated

What he's referring to is the Australia Network Channel, which is an individual channel that is available on most of the cable networks.

I talways shows the rugby but I've never checked it for cricket.

No cricket on Australianetwork.......not in the last nine years that I've had it at home. From next year also NO MORE RUGBY. Rugby league and AFL not affected and will be on as usual.

You can get a lot of Australian programs on ABC Asia Pacific it is free, you will need a 2.3 M C Band dish. They will have the V8 Super cars on 10/10/2010 for example.

Can you tell us how much it costs and how to tune it.Can you get Channel 9 on it?All help much appreciated

As stated it is FREE, click on the link to find out more.

No cricket on Australianetwork.......not in the last nine years that I've had it at home. From next year also NO MORE RUGBY. Rugby league and AFL not affected and will be on as usual.

I'm trying to get the rugby through Setanta Asia(they own the rights for the Ruby next year)

I am getting some informationfrom KL re a subscription then I'll need to get a dish the decoder might come in a package ex KL Don't think there are any agents in BKK-Pattaya area.

I enquired with Astro in Malaysia about getting their channels in Chiang Mai as l miss the rugby and cricket we used to get from multisport in South Africa. Astro told me that because of restrictions ith the Thai authorities that their channels are not available in Thailand.With the ashes coming up soon in Australia l would like to know how l can get it here in CNX. Would appreciate any help???

Edited by techno

I have all the games live at my pub.... I have Star Cricket and Ten Sports..... Covers all tennis and Major Cricket

Would be happy to make a visit to your pub to watch sport at some time but not sure where it is.

Could you please tell me how to get Star cricket and Ten sports.

I enquired with Astro in Malaysia about getting their channels in Chiang Mai as l miss the rugby and cricket we used to get from multisport in South Africa. Astro told me that because of restrictions ith the Thai authorities that their channels are not available in Thailand.With the ashes coming up soon in Australia l would like to know how l can get it here in CNX. Would appreciate any help???

Jsat can supply Astro but last I heard no further north than Bangkok.

I have all the games live at my pub.... I have Star Cricket and Ten Sports..... Covers all tennis and Major Cricket

Would be happy to make a visit to your pub to watch sport at some time but not sure where it is.

Yes, please, how can you get Star cricket?. I live in Buriram province.

I use a friend of mine in india who has an IPTV company. He sent me the box and subscribed for me. We are below the Holiday inn in Silom. I will ask him if he would be prepared to do it for others

I use a friend of mine in india who has an IPTV company. He sent me the box and subscribed for me. We are below the Holiday inn in Silom. I will ask him if he would be prepared to do it for others

Thank you very much. Hope to hear from you soon. All the best, Bill

Have a look on this link http://www.tatasky.com/channel-packages.html sports bonanza pack, someone should be able to set up a satellite system that can pick this up.