Region 2 Police Raid Central Pattaya Short Time Bar

Rimmer

Region 2 Police raid Central Pattaya “short time” Bar

PATTAYA: -- Police raided a popular bar in Soi 6 in Central Pattaya, in the early hours of Thursday Morning. Police Colonel Akaradaert from the Police Region 2 Special Crimes Unit led the raid of the Mandarin Bar. The operation was organized following reports the establishment was being used as a brothel. A foreign operative was used and was armed with marked bank notes which were allegedly handed to an employee of the bar who accompanied the man to a room above the bar

Full Story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One

2010-10-07

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm seems the owner didnt pay his tea dosh. I do find it ludicrous when they raid one bar and the other 50 or so are carrying on as normal. :lol:

your probably 100 % correct,,plus as we know the BIB own a lot of these bars,This has happened a few times in east Pattaya,BIB wanting 40000 baht per month off some bars,which have had to close,,as for the farang they are using for the sting,he should be ashamed of his self for taking part in this corruption,i wish him all the worst luck in the world

Hmmmm seems the owner didnt pay his tea dosh. I do find it ludicrous when they raid one bar and the other 50 or so are carrying on as normal. :lol:

your probably 100 % correct,,plus as we know the BIB own a lot of these bars,This has happened a few times in east Pattaya,BIB wanting 40000 baht per month off some bars,which have had to close,,as for the farang they are using for the sting,he should be ashamed of his self for taking part in this corruption,i wish him all the worst luck in the world

he had a Hard job to do i wander if he showered after the horrific act took place ! :clap2::clap2:

...as for the farang they are using for the sting,he should be ashamed of his self for taking part in this corruption...

Probably picked-up on some other minor beef (visa overstay or working without wp) and offered the opportunity of a "get out of jail card" for his assistance.

As for the possibility of brothels operating on Soi 6...I'm shocked...truly shocked that such activity might be taking place over there. I mean, wasn't it no less a personage than the head of the Tourism Authority of Thailand who toured the soi a few years back and pronounced her judgment that there was no evidence of prostitution taking place. :whistling::lol:

I understand this "sting" has been going on for some months and the "Dog" of a Farang actually shares in the Funds collected by the BIB.<BR><BR>Reckon people would love to have his photo on display. Has this bar got CCTV?<BR><BR>It's a warning to those sorts of places to be careful of their customers

I understand this "sting" has been going on for some months and the "Dog" of a Farang actually shares in the Funds collected by the BIB.<BR><BR>Reckon people would love to have his photo on display. Has this bar got CCTV?<BR><BR>It's a warning to those sorts of places to be careful of their customers

yeah post his photo everywhere so we can find out who he is....

Its a joke this place :lol:

Pattaya?

Thailand?

Or TV where the same tired, uninformed comments are made over and over and over again, as if the people making them were saints surrounded by sinners or that they had some special, Oracle-like farang insight into events telepathically supplied to them in their bedsitters?

It's like listening to the same old ladies tsk-tsk-tsking across the back garden fence, trying to make their sordid lives seem marginally more interesting while assuming themselves to be unsullied by the human condition.

If the TV Regulars are going to blather on and on about things you couldn't possibly know anything about, at least come up with some original fantasies.

post-109025-055471400 1286451323_thumb.j

The ultimate scum farang.

We had a farang come to our home poker game and turn us into the police. Around 10 of us arrested and kept in custody for 19 hours before we paid our 800 THB fine and left.

We heard he was given 2,000 Baht for his work.

Edited by HC82

"The operation was organized following reports the establishment was being used as a brothel."

WHAT !?!?1??!

A brothel on Soi 6? This is ludicrous. What kind of amateur reporting is this? Next thing they will say is there are ladyboys lurking in the shadows. I call for a ban of the OP for such insane reporting.

I was unfortunate to have a bar in Soi 6 but very lucky to have got out selling it on to another mug after 1 year. I did pay the Tourist Police and provided crates of beer at thier football events in Naklua. After 2 moths I stopped paying BT15000 / month to this policeman and stopped my beer support. Calling thier Bluff was probably not wise but actually nothing transpired as with 99% of all threats and scaremongering in Thailand.

I sympathise with bar owners who are subjected to this extortion but now all owners are at risk from dispicable expats and tourists.

The ultimate scum farang.

We had a farang come to our home poker game and turn us into the police. Around 10 of us arrested and kept in custody for 19 hours before we paid our 800 THB fine and left.

We heard he was given 2,000 Baht for his work.

Does mainstream Thai media / TV ever cover stuff like this? or do they see Pattaya as an alien outpost? It would be great to see an investigative mainstream reporter questioning the police about their raid on the sole brothel of Soi 6, with the backdrop of what looks like a supermarket street buffet of girls.

Perhaps the Pattaya PD could be renamed to "Entertainment Division" as they seem to be deeply involved in the industry.

Or how about legalizing and controlling the industry, a reasonable tax could help the economy and be used to provide realistic salaries for police and incentive bonuses for solving real crimes.

yeah post his photo everywhere so we can find out who he is....

I'm surprised that just everybody associated with this incident is photographed and displayed on Pattaya One News site, except for the "farang operative."

If this was an FTPA being used, would having Pattaya One News run by FTPA Group Leader have an impact on that omission?

^HM resigned his post from FTPV when he took the British honorary consul position for Pattaya.

Too bad it took years and years of a conflict of interest before he decided to do that.

But as evidenced by the omission of the farang's photo, the long relationship remains.

Police to Bar Manager : Sorry, my boy. Word came down to bust a bar and, this month, you're it! Raid will be Thursday night at 8:30. Watch for a farang carrying a police walkie talkie. Make sure the owner is off premises and any elected officials are gone by then

I was unfortunate to have a bar in Soi 6 but very lucky to have got out selling it on to another mug after 1 year. I did pay the Tourist Police and provided crates of beer at thier football events in Naklua. After 2 moths I stopped paying BT15000 / month to this policeman and stopped my beer support. Calling thier Bluff was probably not wise but actually nothing transpired as with 99% of all threats and scaremongering in Thailand.

I sympathise with bar owners who are subjected to this extortion but now all owners are at risk from dispicable expats and tourists.

So you are a pimp that owned a brothel on Soi 6 and you criticize tha Farang that helped the police. You and your ilk are an embarrassment to your countrymen. You should go back to where you came from. Good luck to the Farang collaborator

So you are a pimp that owned a brothel on Soi 6 and you criticize tha Farang that helped the police. You and your ilk are an embarrassment to your countrymen. You should go back to where you came from. Good luck to the Farang collaborator

The above sanctimonious babbling is inappropriate. The incident only serves to highlight the inconsistencies in law enforcement.

If you don't want brothels in Pattaya then get an impartial, international police force to raid EVERY such bar.

Apart from the library, everyone knows that Soi 6 is not a kindergarten and patrons go there knowingly.

Reality of the situation - bar will be opened up again in short order. Said ladies prob fined 200bht and sent packing. Owner - huge fine or payoff to get things back the way things were prior. All this is in reality is a shakedown.

Back to the Uzbeks that another user brought up - yes it was reported that volunteers actually did go and shag said ladies. Any rate - no use getting into a lather about things one can't change. Things are the way they are because this is how the BIB and city government like it. :)

Prostitution and Solicitation charges are too diff types of charges. :whistling:

Prostitution - actual act has to be performed for dosh

Solicitation - act of propositioning/agreement and dosh handed over.

Still believe that Prostitution is not illegal but there are many offences associated with it are, suppose if the cannot get then on any other charge they could always use "Tax Evasion".

PS my money is on HM, anything to get an inside story.cheesy.gif