Question About Education Visa

Hi my friend has an education visa, his current 180 hours of lessons end this week and his next 90n day check in at immigration is about 4 days before his current education visa runs out. Can he top it up for another 90 days as you can with other visas or will he have to apply for a new one and sign up for another 180 hours of lessons when it expires?

Thanks

If He asks the school to poivide the paper work to take to immigration to show he is studying, even with four days left, he should be able to extend. to extend for 90 days at a cost of 1900 Bhat. My school gave me a 6 month visa (my embassy gave me a one year visa) After 3 months at the school they gave me the paperwork to renew the visa, although my courses were completed.

Edited by Colabamumbai

FWIW: Several years ago I was enrolled in a private thai language school for the standard 180 hours (lessons, or what ever you wanna call 'em) per year. I attended class religiously for the stated Ministry of Educations minimum of 4 hours per week.

Now doing even rudimentary math a person can see that at 4 hours a week the lessons/hours run out after 45 weeks, leaving a short fall of 7 MORE weeks until the full year is up. However going to immigrations I still got my extension of stay for the full 90 days even though my classes had actually ended the week before. :o

Have your friend contact the school he's attending. They'll most likely give him the supporting documentation from both the school and the Ministry of Education to continue his visa until the years up.

So yes, he should get another 90 days. :) Although this being thailand, and you not saying where in thailand he's actually attending school nor named the school; your friends mileage may indeed vary. ;)

However that is my experience. ..