Giving Birth At Banglamung Hosp.: Cost?

farangpattaya

• 2 weeks later...

Live in couple?????

She's the housekeeper and he's my staff.

The brad is just a mouth to be fed.

BTW, no need to answer the question in the topic's 1st post:

Giving birth at Banglamung Hospital, with not too much complications and 4 days of after care and inhouse treatment cost approx. THB 15,000.

Edited by farangpattaya

• 1 month later...

Live in couple?????

Giving birth at Banglamung Hospital, with not too much complications and 4 days of after care and inhouse treatment cost approx. THB 15,000.

:rolleyes: How does the cost compare with other hospitals in Pattaya and Siracha??:whistling:

Live in couple?????

Wow, I actually thought it was free, or at least under the 50 baht scheme, in the government hospital.

If I remember well Phyrathai in Si Racha is around 50,000 baht but maybe others can correct this if wrong.

My son was born at Bangkok Pattaya about two years ago.

If I remember correctly, the cost for a package was 29,000 + bits and pieces. They carried out a blood test at his birth which showed up that he had no thiroid gland. Something which would not have been tested for in a British hospital. Not sure about a 'government' hospital but I would geuss not. With regular testing, he will take hormones for this probably for the rest of his life and will be perfectly normal. Had it not been discovered, his brain would not grow and he would not have an i.q above 70. Something described by the hospital as a moron.

29,000? For what they did. Very very cheap.

BTW. He is fit and healthy and bright as a button

Wow, I actually thought it was free, or at least under the 50 baht scheme, in the government hospital.

That's what I thought, too, as long as they are living and registered within the hospital's catchment area. Why did they have to pay?

If I remember correctly, the cost for a package was 29,000 + bits and pieces. They carried out a blood test at his birth which showed up that he had no thiroid gland. Something which would not have been tested for in a British hospital. Not sure about a 'government' hospital but I would geuss not. With regular testing, he will take hormones for this probably for the rest of his life and will be perfectly normal. Had it not been discovered, his brain would not grow and he would not have an i.q above 70. Something described by the hospital as a moron.

Have you had independent confirmation of the missing thyroid gland? I would never trust a single source for something so serious.

Have you had independent confirmation of the missing thyroid gland? I would never trust a single source for something so serious.

A fair comment. They have did further tests to confirm and he now has tests every two months. It was monthly. So no, not independent, but get to see the test results as they happen and the scale to read how he is doing.

First daughter 8 years ago, Bangkok Pattaya hospital, total bill was 35,000 baht. They had to keep her for a week under those lights, forget what the conditions is called. We had a private room for 3 days.

Second daughter 6 years ago, also Bangkok Pattaya hopital, total bill was 43,000 baht. Again, They had to keep her for a week under those lights. This also included c-section (decent job), and 4 days in private room.

Overall, we where very satisfied both times. Had a Chinese female doctor, who spoke good English and was very helpful.

luudee

Edited by luudee