Internet Providers Koh Samui

I read there's internet from TOT available on the island. Everywhere on the island or just in certain areas? Are there any other providers? Would it be possible to get this in any condo in town and what would be the costs for the line and monthly fee? Has it proven to be stable this year?

forget about tot, it's the crappiest provider in thailand.

if you live on the mainroad CAT telecom is the best option but expensive 2k/month otherwise you have the very good 3bb with their indy connection 5 meg(now boosted to 7 meg) for 632 baht per month, installation fee and information can be seen on their website.

Edited by NHJ

Yes I think it's gonna be Nathon since I need a good supermarket within 5km range. Would installation of 3BB be available for any home/condo in Nathon?

Here in Pattaya it's kind of a mess... I have True now which is perfect but the building next door only has the option of Satelite for example and I waited 4 months without result on Max here before I got True.

Edited by Paul36

Yes I think it's gonna be Nathon since I need a good supermarket within 5km range. Would installation of 3BB be available for any home/condo in Nathon?

Here in Pattaya it's kind of a mess... I have True now which is perfect but the building next door only has the option of Satelite for example and I waited 4 months without result on Max here before I got True.

i think you have bad information, there's no good supermarket in nathon(beside the small tesco), all supermarket are in chaweng, recently a tesco opened in lamai.

Paul most of these answers , are contained on the Samui forum. There is a search function available.

Please contain the threads to the question you asked, you now have multiple cross referenced threads.

Posted 2010-10-06 18:46

TOT has sucked soooo many years that someone had to comealong and make a change. I don't know about others but in my eyes service level has jumped next to platinum level: surprisingly pleasant service in Nathon,quick check on your downed line (if and when it happens), technician arrives the next day, new "private service number" 177 followed by your phone number, prices are down and MB's are up by a mile and they do even CALL BACKS... Zeez...if any company made a180 in service for me that is TOT. Anyone else experiencing this mysteriousservice wonder?

P.S. Was month late and line was still working (other marvel)– new bill was just doubled...

• 6 months later...

TOT has sucked soooo many years that someone had to comealong and make a change. I don't know about others but in my eyes service level has jumped next to platinum level: surprisingly pleasant service in Nathon,quick check on your downed line (if and when it happens), technician arrives the next day, new "private service number" 177 followed by your phone number, prices are down and MB's are up by a mile and they do even CALL BACKS... Zeez...if any company made a180 in service for me that is TOT. Anyone else experiencing this mysteriousservice wonder?

P.S. Was month late and line was still working (other marvel)– new bill was just doubled...

Cool. How good is the stability? How frequently does it drop and for how long? Would love to hear back from more TOT users.

Cool. How good is the stability? How frequently does it drop and for how long? Would love to hear back from more TOT users.

I think they are all total garbage but good luck to you nonetheless. ;)