Current Cheap Flights Cnx To Bkk?

Dustoff

~

Yikes! Thai Air wants 10,740 THB to fly two of us R/T in the middle of the week??

Surely there are better prices out there right now, yes?

It has been so long since I have done this route that I don't even know what other airlines to check.

My poor skinny old butt doesn't do well with the long bus rides so any advice is appreciated.

Dustoff

~

I flew Chiang Mai to BKK and back about 3 weeks ago on Nok Air. I paid about 1700 Baht round-trip.

That same flight return on Nok Air for this week is 4844 baht.:whistling: Per person.

Wow that's quite a difference! It's funny how the fares differ so much in price from week to week. I just went on to the Nok Air website on about the 1st of last month and looked for a flight for 16 September and it came back with 1754 THB round-trip, including taxes. I grabbed it, and when I went to the seat assignment diagram to select my seat, there were only about 4 other seats already reserved at that time.

Interesting, on the flight back, the pilot was a farang.

Edited by elektrified

This would make the price more tolerable.

Wonder if these young-ladies have a second job, of some kind, or just 'natural ability' ? :whistling:

Judging by the round-of-applause, from the passengers after the safety-demo concluded, they had certainly succeeded in capturing their attention ! Well Done Cebu Pacific !! B)

12-go are usually 1750thb each way per person

You mean 1-2 CRASH.:lol: Forgot those turkeys. They do have 3 flights a day CM to BK total of 3500 baht return. Sorry I'll take a rain check on this one.

I use them a lot now, I used to avoid them for the same reason you are saying but if you do a check on them now the saftey standard has improved 100% and the service is better than Nok/AA. Plus the fact they use Don Muang, makes it a done deal for me everytime.

Edited by thaimiller

I like Bangkok Airways, but their returns are running at around 4,400.

Still, you can get there early, use their lounge, read the papers, drink their coffee, eat their cake.......whistling.gif

If people are not too embarrassed of course. wink.gif

Edited by uptheos

You mean 1-2 CRASH.:lol: Forgot those turkeys. They do have 3 flights a day CM to BK total of 3500 baht return. Sorry I'll take a rain check on this one.

I use them a lot now, I used to avoid them for the same reason you are saying but if you do a check on them now the saftey standard has improved 100% and the service is better than Nok/AA. Plus the fact they use Don Muang, makes it a done deal for me everytime.

Do they issue parachutes and have driver ed (flying ed)?

Do they issue parachutes and have driver ed (flying ed)?

Mr Ed?

Dustoff, you don't say whether you care whether you fly to Don Muang or Swampy, or how far in advance you're looking.

Bangkok Air's flights are 1715 baht one way (6860 for 2 RT's for 2), into Swampy incl 20 kilos of baggage, use of their lounge and friendly service. If you're booking far in advance and have no baggage you can usually fly Air Asia for about 1000 baht each way, sometimes even less if you take the first or last flight of the day, but you have to check the website regularly and book pretty far in advance to snag that fare. Nok only flies into Don Muang so I've never used them.

I'm not as smart as some of the other posters on this thread. But I do know that most safety issues never make it into the news. I assume that if the govt hasn't shut down an airline, that they're safe enough to fly. Certainly safer than the bus.

Good luck.

~

Sorry - I should have posted this earlier but a lot of the advice has been good. Thanks!

I ended up booking with Nok Air as their price was better and we DO like going into Don Muang Airport.

Our time was a bit short - we are leaving this coming Monday - and we got 1890 THB per pax/per flight or 7560 total for R/T.

Thank you all once again.

Dustoff