So Are Sausage Kings Currys As Good As He Says

DiamondKing

I just finished a Chicken Tikka Masala which I got from rimping for 135 baht

Now because I have a healthy appetite I initially thought that it would not be big enough as it looked like a snack size but it was sufficient

Since there was no instruction on heating I remember seeing it posted here so I looked it up and the instructions were 2 minutes on high leave for 1 minute and then 1 or 2 minutes more. NOW i must have a crap microwave cause from frozen solid it was at least 6 minutes and probably could of done with a minute more.

As for the taste it was very tasty and I quite enjoyed it but not spicy enough for me I'll be going for the Vindaloo next time unless he has a Faal

DK

Quote DK"just finished a Chicken Tikka Masala which I got from rimping for 135 baht

Since there was no instruction on heating I remember seeing it posted here so I looked it up and the instructions were 2 minutes on high leave for 1 minute and then 1 or 2 minutes more. NOW i must have a crap microwave cause from frozen solid it was at least 6 minutes and probably could of done with a minute more." Quote DK

I had the same result. It seems to need about six minutes. I think you're supposed to stir it up a bit during the 1 minute break. I find it best for the last two minutes to turn the meat part into a bowl and cook until you see its bubbling hot. Dangerous to eat cool bits in the center. The rice doesn't need so long otherwise it gets solid.

The pies are a bit of a problem too. It might even be best to defrost by taking it out of the feeezer the day before and leaving it in the fridge ovenight.We don't seem to have a resident TV cook to turn to.

Quote DK"just finished a Chicken Tikka Masala which I got from rimping for 135 baht

Since there was no instruction on heating I remember seeing it posted here so I looked it up and the instructions were 2 minutes on high leave for 1 minute and then 1 or 2 minutes more. NOW i must have a crap microwave cause from frozen solid it was at least 6 minutes and probably could of done with a minute more." Quote DK

I had the same result. It seems to need about six minutes. I think you're supposed to stir it up a bit during the 1 minute break. I find it best for the last two minutes to turn the meat part into a bowl and cook until you see its bubbling hot. Dangerous to eat cool bits in the center. The rice doesn't need so long otherwise it gets solid.

The pies are a bit of a problem too. It might even be best to defrost by taking it out of the feeezer the day before and leaving it in the fridge ovenight.We don't seem to have a resident TV cook to turn to.

Yes I tend to agree the rice was ready way before the curry was and 6 minutes looks about right from frozen although I like it piping hot so i would go 7

Also one other thing I thought it was a bit watery not sure if that is from the defrosting will have to check some of the others to see if its the defrosting or the right consistency for the sauce.

As for defrosting I dont plan that far ahead so i like to take it right out from the freezer and go, I think SK's instructions would work fine if cooked from a defrosted state.

DK

Pies etc. should always be defrosted in the fridge, and if you are using a microwave to heat your pies.....well you just <deleted>*ked them.:bah: A pie should only be heated in an oven.

Pies etc. should always be defrosted in the fridge, and if you are using a microwave to heat your pies.....well you just <deleted>*ked them.:bah: A pie should only be heated in an oven.

That's what i thought ,but if the pie is cooked in the oven long enough to heat the meat, the pastry top gets inedibly hard. That could either mean a visit to the dentist is required or the pasty is hard anyway.

Edited by Asmerom

That's what i thought ,but if the pie is cooked in the oven long enough to heat the meat, the pastry top gets inedibly hard. That could either mean a visit to the dentist is required or the pasty is hard anyway.

I would have to agree here, no food is good from the freezer to the table that quick.

Microwaves also make beef tough and pastry soggy, unless its a convection microwave, then it has half a chance, the best way is to defrost in the fridge overnight then slowly heat in a convection oven.

I would have to agree here, no food is good from the freezer to the table that quick.

Microwaves also make beef tough and pastry soggy, unless its a convection microwave, then it has half a chance, the best way is to defrost in the fridge overnight then slowly heat in a convection oven.

Good morning and i see you have warming problems for our curry's, when SK tested the heating time we use industrial type microwave which maybe why our time is not same yours,But good info for us to know that and thank you very much for being honest,We also understand the problem about the rice cooked before the curry and as all microwave curry's are packed like this the only thing i could say is take the rice out of the microwave dish and if you are going to microwave the curry then cook the curry for 4 min and the pop the rice back in the microwave box and cook for another 2 min. thank you for your comments and at sausage king its our customers that count and we listen to them as we want to keep high standards for you.we also happy you like our Indian curry products. We Have 25 years experience with Indian foods and we do tone down the chili for the most people not eat to hot. If you like hot then pick the Vindaloo. if you like you can add 1/2 tea spoon chili powder before cooking or chop 2-3 green chilies and add to curry after cooked. We can make any curry but we find that chicken Tikka masala-Rogan josh-Vindaloo-Korma are the most popular. we could produce other curry's if in demand. Sorry that one of you got to Rimping and stocks were out but we stock every 2 days and now we stock in all 4 Rimpings. Have a nice day. SK Rob.

post-112062-028358600 1286762431_thumb.j

Good morning and i see you have warming problems for our curry's, when SK tested the heating time we use industrial type microwave which maybe why our time is not same yours,But good info for us to know that and thank you very much for being honest,We also understand the problem about the rice cooked before the curry and as all microwave curry's are packed like this the only thing i could say is take the rice out of the microwave dish and if you are going to microwave the curry then cook the curry for 4 min and the pop the rice back in the microwave box and cook for another 2 min. thank you for your comments and at sausage king its our customers that count and we listen to them as we want to keep high standards for you.we also happy you like our Indian curry products. We Have 25 years experience with Indian foods and we do tone down the chili for the most people not eat to hot. If you like hot then pick the Vindaloo. if you like you can add 1/2 tea spoon chili powder before cooking or chop 2-3 green chilies and add to curry after cooked. We can make any curry but we find that chicken Tikka masala-Rogan josh-Vindaloo-Korma are the most popular. we could produce other curry's if in demand. Sorry that one of you got to Rimping and stocks were out but we stock every 2 days and now we stock in all 4 Rimpings. Have a nice day. SK Rob.

I have no problems Rob as l always defrost the rice and curry first and then microwave for about 4 minutes

I know of the Rimpings at Mee Choke Plaza and the one by the river... Where are the other 2 ???

Rimpings are Mee Chok - Nim city Near Robinson Airport Plaza - Gad falang Hang dong - Navarat Round the corner Dukes 1

Edited by SAUSAGEKING

re .... I have no problems Rob as l always defrost the rice and curry first and then microwave for about 4 minutes

i bought mine one day defrosted in the fridge overnight and ate it the following night

microwave about 2 mins ... stir .. 2 mins and it was good but a bit light on the sauce for me

dave2

Off topic inflammatory post deleted.

Edit: Please be reminded that admin/moderators often act on reports. If a post is a private joke between members and is not clear, and can be interpreted as offensive, it will be deleted. That should be obvious. Please also be reminded that open discussion of moderation is against forum rules.

Edited by eek

Yessssssssssss but just can't wait. The pies are great!

Yessssssssssss but just can't wait. The pies are great!

Pies are great 350g deep filled. Rimping in freezer section you will find sausage king brand of pies,Steak & kidney-Steak & Onion-Chicken bacon mushroom-mince steak- We now have Chicken Tikka Massala pie (new)

post-112062-035899000 1286899760_thumb.j

post-112062-045092200 1286899815_thumb.j

post-112062-062361400 1286899868_thumb.j

Seems like your nit picking, Sausage King is trying to make an honest living and the "usual" forum xxx'x are trying to bring him down. What the xxxx !

Give the guy a chance for christ sake, or find other curries!.

I think Rob would welcome feedback to make his products better he has always been open to critique and nothing here is nitpicking just letting him know about things so he can improve if its needed,

For your first 2 posts on TV you are not going to last long but you know that dont you tough guy, LOL

DK