Honda Wave Vs Honda Cbr 125/150

HalfSquat

I know nothing about bikes but the Honda CBR 125 looks way cooler than a Honda Wave (scooter) 125.

Is there much difference in performance between the two bikes?

Are the scooters much easier to drive, would it be dangerous for a person new to bikes to think about getting a CBR?

Thanks.

HS. The wave being an auto clutch bike is way easier to ride. The 125i is actually fairly fast (you do not really want to do more than about 110kmh on these anyway) The 125 will go all day at 90-100kmh. Also they are better if ya go shopping etc. I just got a 110i for the girlfriend and thats still nippy 2 up (weight wise 3 up cos i'm a fat git). I also have a top box on it for her bag, shopping etc

YOU could (should) go on the Honda Safety course. check out the thread thats on here somewhere. It's free if ya buy a Honda and if ya pass you get the paperwork for a Thai licence.

Edited by thaicbr

Yes the Honda Wave is easier to start to ride on if you've never ridden before, and probably a good one to learn on, but frankly I hated it! I found it unstable (maybe my weight 85Kgs) and didn't feel comfortable on it at all. After 6 months I switched to a Honda 150 NSR which was a two stroke and another mistake as just riding around town I found I couldn't get above 4th gear (it had 6!). Since then I've had 8 years on a CBR150 which has been excellent and superb around town. Don't worry about the shopping you can hang everything off the mirrors! Have just switched to a Honda PCX 125 which I would also thoroughly recommend and is the only scooter I have ridden that actually feels solid and is very easy to ride.

Why not buy a sonic drive much better then a wave wich has to small wheels .

For driving over 80 km /h you need real frame and little bigger wheels.

Not a scooter.

Im driving on everything there 2 and 4 stroke auto and gear and I hate the scooters :lol:

Edited by roadrunner300

OP

Almost all of these threads eventually suggest urgently that the Original Poster rent bikes. Since you raise the question about Hondas only, you should find them easily enough to try. Of course, if you have not much experience of bikes at all, you might test drive a Honda Click too, as it is fully automatic. Part of your confidence in any solution will depend on driving conditions where you live and your experience of the required riding controls. So you can more safely find where you are and where you want to go. Some people buy a second hand bike (or rent) for some months before buying a new bike.

There are many differences among these bikes. You mention looks. But here in Thailand for a newer rider, I'd suggest (and I came here an experienced rider with years of practice) getting the feel of things. Certainly the Honda course is a great idea, but even it cannot possibly cover the greatly different situations of driving in Thailand, where accident statistics - those we are able to discover - are high. (Of course, I don't know your experiences in a car, but driving on two wheels is different yet.)

In short, before buying a bike of any type or class, I think you should rent and experience. The CBR (only second-hand available now) does indeed look like a serious motorcycle in Thailand. But for me, priorities are life first, looks later, because Thailand is not the best place to start serious bike riding.

Edited by CMX

What is the difference?

People feel proud when sitting on their CBR.

They don't on their wave.

Why would anyone be proud of a little scooter?

Anyway, the Wave is the perfect town bike, unless you're an idiot and think it's cool to hang shopping bags from your handlebars.