Living And Working In Italy Or Germany -- Visa For Thai Wife And Children

My wife is currently a US Greencard holder, but her children are not. We are working on theirs, but I might be possibly taking a new job in Italy or Germany (sponsored by US Gov't) and was wondering how hard one would think it would be to get a visa for her?

Since she is my wife, and I would be living in either place under sponsorship by the US Gov't I wouldn't think it would be too hard, but I am unsure...

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks!!

I assume that you are a US citizen.

Like you, your wife and children will need the appropriate entry clearance to live with you; in the UK this would be as a work permit holder's dependents; I'm not sure what Italy or Germany call it.

Surely your employer will be sorting all this out for you? Especially as you are being sponsored by the US government.

Like you, your wife and children will need the appropriate entry clearance to live with you; in the UK this would be as a work permit holder's dependents; I'm not sure what Italy or Germany call it.

Surely your employer will be sorting all this out for you? Especially as you are being sponsored by the US government.

Yes I am a US Citizen. I hope they are going to work on it, but this is not a job I have yet, one I am possibly going to have... I just want to have all my stuff in order before I take a job that won't allow me to be with my wife and kids for say 6 months or so

Yes I am a US Citizen. I hope they are going to work on it, but this is not a job I have yet, one I am possibly going to have... I just want to have all my stuff in order before I take a job that won't allow me to be with my wife and kids for say 6 months or so

Any others experiences?

What kind of an employee of the government are you ? Are you directly employed, civilian employee, contractor ? All of these categories should have provision for dependants to accompany you in Europe.

What kind of an employee of the government are you ? Are you directly employed, civilian employee, contractor ? All of these categories should have provision for dependants to accompany you in Europe.

contractor

i will be bringing this up tonight when i talk with them

contractor

i will be bringing this up tonight when i talk with them

Civilian contractors are normally allowed to have dependants overseas with them, except in the obvious war zones or potentially dangerous countries. They are also, normally, issued with an ID card showing them to be a dependant. Your wife might even be able to enter Europe visa free whilst you remain in employment.

Civilian contractors are normally allowed to have dependants overseas with them, except in the obvious war zones or potentially dangerous countries. They are also, normally, issued with an ID card showing them to be a dependant. Your wife might even be able to enter Europe visa free whilst you remain in employment.

yes my wife already lives with me overseas and has a military dependent ID (since i work for the military) as well as her greencard

hope they have some answers for me