Police arrest 60y-old Thai for sexually assaulting his 10y-old stepdaughter

webfact

Police Arrest Rapist and Drug Dealers

Chanasongkram Police have arrested a man accused of raping his stepdaughter.

In a separate case, three flower garland vendors have been arrested for drug dealing.

Chanasongkram Police arrested 60 year old Thawatch Pimwilai, accused of raping his 10 year old stepdaughter multiple times.

The mother of the child said that she had been with Thawatch for over a year when she noticed that her daughter looked unusually depressed.

The stepfather was charged with raping a child under the age of 13.

He denied the allegation.

In a separate case, Police apprehended three flower garland vendors believed to be selling drugs to clients in the Bang Yi Ruea area.

Among the vendors were 41year old Nakhonsri Kaisakaew, 25 year old Sairoong Rangpheung and 22 year old Theerawat Pachabutr.

Officers seized 547 methamphetamine pills in the drug bust, and charged the suspects with possession of narcotics for sale.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-10-14

footer_n.gif

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In a separate case, three flower garland vendors have been arrested for drug dealing.

Chanasongkram Police arrested 60 year old Thawatch Pimwilai, accused of raping his 10 year old stepdaughter multiple times.

.The mother of the child said that she had been with Thawatch for over a year when she noticed that her daughter looked unusually depressed.

I hope the three flower garland vendors will show other prisoners how to do business.

It would be interesting to know how many daughters and sons are looking "unusually depressed" in the LOS.

Guess it took over a year for the girls' mother to ask her child why she was so "unusually depressed". Unfortunately Thawatch - if guilty- Will hopefully make the same experience to be fresh flesh in prison.

I hope the 10 year old will have a fully psychological recovery.. :jap:

Edited by thaiphoon
Quote repaired

I 've heard about a similar case... 63 years old assaulting  his 11 years old stepdaughte.  Result: 18 years in jail.

But as sirchai rightfully points out.... "... how many daughters and sons are looking "unusually depressed" in the LOS".?

.The mother of the child said that she had been with Thawatch for over a year when she noticed that her daughter looked unusually depressed.

I hope the three flower garland vendors will show other prisoners how to do business.

It would be interesting to know how many daughters and sons are looking "unusually depressed" in the LOS.

Guess it took over a year for the girls' mother to ask her child why she was so "unusually depressed". Unfortunately Thawatch - if guilty- Will hopefully make the same experience to be fresh flesh in prison.

More to the point whe will the country and police start dealing with RAPE seriously and not making the women feel dirty, course it goes both ways with some women crying "rape" at any opportunity esp when money is involved

Unfortunately this terrible crime goes on all over Asia and a recent study in Cambodia reveals that most cases of sex abuse amongst children were actually committed by the Cambodians themselves and not by Foreigners as was first thought , in any case such as this the penalties should be made severe to act as a deterrent to others ! .

I agree with Sirchai - I think this goes on all over Thailand - often with the cooperation of the mother

It has always been my view that this is a very common occurrence in this country "but all fine upstanding citizens of LOS would have you not believe a word of it"

Just another case of TIT I am afraid

10 year old. This is sick. Very sick. Shame to be a Thai.

Chantorn, the burden of shame is not on you. Else I would have to take responsibility for every crime committed by an Australian.

How do we combat this social illness, for it is clearly not an isolated incident. This one man is meerly a shoplifter in a land where prostitution is an established business. This one man is meerly a single leasion on a body riddled with disease.

It scares me, as does the sight of depressed young women looking for 'business' in a society that has failed them.

I know of at least 6 cases over the last 2 or three years. I saw two years ago a neighbor that was 11 or 12 and very pregnant, I asked my wife who the father was and I was told Her Father is the baby's father. I asked why he wasn't in jail. And I was told because if he goes to jail nobody have any money and can not eat. It is not speculation it does go own a lot. And never gets reported, I thing you can chalk that on to the culture of the Men being over women in this country and the women being sub-serve int to the men.

Is this speculation on your part or do you have evidence.

Unfortunately this terrible crime goes on all over Asia and a recent study in Cambodia reveals that most cases of sex abuse amongst children were actually committed by the Cambodians themselves and not by Foreigners as was first thought , in any case such as this the penalties should be made severe to act as a deterrent to others ! .

Excuse me! The rest of the world can breathe easy then? Did you mean to make such a narrow minded statement? If it were to actually occur in another country would it be those pesky Asians 'at it' abroad?

My god man!

one of the most common symptoms of abuse in children is change in behaviour: happy child, playing with friends, enjoying school etc. becomes withdrawn, stops interacting with friends and family, eating habits change, bed wetting, not wanting to go to school, ....these are warning signs of bullying, physical abuse and sexual abuse.....priests, teachers, sports coaches, friends, neighbours and family members....in Canada there is a professional hockey coach who was convicted of abusing former NHL players when they were 14....the on going scandal in the Roman Catholic church were thousands of children were abused and family members didn't know or notice the telling signs....

What does that mean ? Raped his granddaughter that was under 13 ?

Does that mean raping a child over 13 is OK ?

These people must come down from the trees !

Have a nice evening if you can !

Where are the posts warning people not to write 'hang 'em high' posts and reminding us that the people in these articles have not been convicted of anything as yet? If the story involved a westerner someone would have interjected before now.

It truly amazes me how in Thailand an arrest by the police is interpreted as a conviction by the press. Almost as if the trial is an afterthought (which it often is - but shouldn't be!)

Wrongful accusations do occur, as do 'fit ups' by police, that should be obvious to anyone who has had any significant interaction with the local constabulary.

Talk of castration, condemning people to hel_l, expressions of hope that the accused is raped in prison and so forth are premature and are more suited for a lynch mob than civilised folk.

If the accused are guilty let them serve the sentence they receive. If they are not, then I feel very sorry for them, because it seems they have already been judged.

What does that mean ? Raped his granddaughter that was under 13 ?

Does that mean raping a child over 13 is OK ?

These people must come down from the trees !

Have a nice evening if you can !

No. Before you go and imply that Thais are monkeys, stop and have a think.

It means it is a more serious offence than raping someone over the age of thirteen, which is still very much illegal and punishable by a hefty prison sentence.

You will find it is exactly the same in western countries.

I know of at least 6 cases over the last 2 or three years. I saw two years ago a neighbor that was 11 or 12 and very pregnant, I asked my wife who the father was and I was told Her Father is the baby's father. I asked why he wasn't in jail. And I was told because if he goes to jail nobody have any money and can not eat. It is not speculation it does go own a lot. And never gets reported, I thing you can chalk that on to the culture of the Men being over women in this country and the women being sub-serve int to the men.

Is this speculation on your part or do you have evidence.

It is anecdotal evidence which proves nothing about the overall incidence in the Thai population. In order to say that the rate of abuse is abnormally high in Thailand one needs to know what the normal rate is, and the rate in Thailand.

You might be right, but so far you can't prove it.