Police arrest 60y-old Thai for sexually assaulting his 10y-old stepdaughter

webfact

Unfortunately this terrible crime goes on all over Asia and a recent study in Cambodia reveals that most cases of sex abuse amongst children were actually committed by the Cambodians themselves and not by Foreigners as was first thought , in any case such as this the penalties should be made severe to act as a deterrent to others ! .

Excuse me! The rest of the world can breathe easy then? Did you mean to make such a narrow minded statement? If it were to actually occur in another country would it be those pesky Asians 'at it' abroad?

My god man!

Aren't you aware that 'a recent study' usually refers to statistics gathered by an organisation with vested interests, ie. probably those pesky Foreigners who wish to divert attention from their atrocious crimes against humanity and so invest a great deal of time, effort and money [and probably not their own] into projecting the blame onto another party. Come on Ebroguy, do you really think any Filthy Foreigneir Paedo is going to come forward and admit their involvement with child sex abuse? Do you think the corrupt police force are going to allow the real statistics to be published and therefore detract from the country's reputation and tourism industry?

'My god man' indeed!! Open your mind. Line up these paedos and turn them into eunuch boys by convincing them a lawnmower is another toy.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like he's been convicted already. :rolleyes:

You're almost as bad as the newspaper printing his name.

REmember the case against the teacher in Phuket last year. The Aussie guy. Name and picture all over the media having been accused on fiddling a 4 yr old boy in the toilets. Off to prison for weeks. Media stories allover the place, thus it getting into the press in his native Tasmania. Then released because it was all nonsense and made up by the mother.

Ye should be ashamed.

Edited by thomo

10 year old. This is sick. Very sick. Shame to be a Thai.

Chantorn, the burden of shame is not on you. Else I would have to take responsibility for every crime committed by an Australian.

My God, and that is quite a lot!! :rolleyes::whistling:

BTW, you you still need to have a criminal record to migrate to Australia? ;)

I can't believe this actually made it to the news. This is so common up north that most girls reaching puberty are sent to live with their grandparents so they won't get raped by their OWN fathers.

My first girlfriend in Thailand was from Buriram and she told me that this was a common practice. Many of the go-go girls would rather make money in Bangkok than get bonked by the old man for nothing. I've heard many sad stories.

Edited by TimTang

He must go to hel_l better then jail!

Aren't you aware that heaven and hel_l is on earth, regardless of our age

yeah! it's a bar in Pattaya i think whistling.gif

No it's between our ears,(KARMA) Getting what we give, no place to run no place to hide, our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become, we all know that hel_l can be on earth, other then that is a guess.

He must go to hel_l better then jail!

Aren't you aware that heaven and hel_l is on earth, regardless of our age

yeah! it's a bar in Pattaya i think whistling.gif

No it's between our ears,(KARMA) Getting what we give, no place to run no place to hide, our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become, we all know that hel_l can be on earth, other then that is a guess.

The problem with Buddhism in Thailand is that most people don't seem to know anything about it. I've studied it a bit just to see what it's about and so far I seem to know more than any Thai I've met. Buddhism is more of a philosophy than a religion and focuses more on the here and now than the afterlife. Yet you see Buddhist temples with people shaking joss sticks hoping to tell their future from a card in a drawer. If they don't like that particular future they pay another 50 baht to shake again for a better future. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with Buddhism.

Maybe this country should spend a little more energy on educating the populous on what Buddhism REALLY IS!

I agree with Sirchai - I think this goes on all over Thailand - often with the cooperation of the mother

Sadly incestuous rape of minors is very common all over the developing world where people live in extended families without much space or privacy and parents are under pressure to go out to work and have to leave children with whoever is available. Stepfathers are a particular problem and mothers often turn a blind eye to what is going on, rather than lose another husband and his income, if he has any. The mother's explanation as quoted here sounds quite unconvincing and it would be interesting to know, if she had other problems with her husband, e.g. violent behaviour, not providing income and/or playing around with other women, that may have caused the penny to drop in mind all of a sudden as to why her daughter had been depressed for a year.

Edited by Arkady

I agree with Sirchai - I think this goes on all over Thailand - often with the cooperation of the mother

Sadly incestuous rape of minors is very common all over the developing world where people live in extended families without much space or privacy and parents are under pressure to go out to work and have to leave children with whoever is available. Stepfathers are a particular problem and mothers often turn a blind eye to what is going on, rather than lose another husband and his income, if he has any. The mother's explanation as quoted here sounds quite unconvincing and it would be interesting to know, if she had other problems with her husband, e.g. violent behaviour, not providing income and/or playing around with other women, that may have caused the penny to drop in mind all of a sudden as to why her daughter had been depressed for a year.

Incestuous rape of minors, like incestuous rape, or rape, also occurs all over the 'developed' world. For precisely the same reasons you give. In fact, the 'developing' world would need to provide a pretty long catalog of cases to outdo the West on this one.

I've heard many sad stories.

I'm sure you have.

I'm sure things like this happen all over the world, but it's unusual that it's so common place that villages have procedures to prevent it from happening. It's also unusual that families would sell their own children into sexual slavery for a color TV, or a motor scooter.

Can you think of any small town in North America or Europe that has three massage parlors with young women (or girls) servicing men. That's how many Buriram had the last time I was there which was about 12 years ago; I can't imagine what it's like now. In a town of less than 5 thousand people the odds are pretty high that both the client and the customer know each other or their respective families. Call me crazy but I find that f$$king weird.

The problem with Buddhism in Thailand is that most people don't seem to know anything about it. I've studied it a bit just to see what it's about and so far I seem to know more than any Thai I've met. Buddhism is more of a philosophy than a religion and focuses more on the here and now than the afterlife. Yet you see Buddhist temples with people shaking joss sticks hoping to tell their future from a card in a drawer. If they don't like that particular future they pay another 50 baht to shake again for a better future. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with Buddhism.

Maybe this country should spend a little more energy on educating the populous on what Buddhism REALLY IS!

I think you are right. What passes for Buddhism has more to do with animism and superstitious beliefs unrelated to Buddhism. Monks are forbidden from engaging in fortune telling activities and blessing homes, offices, factories and cars but they do it all the time which is not a great example. I remember reading in the autobiography of the last executioner who executed prisoners by shooting before they introduced lethal injections. He mentioned he had to spend a large part of the fees he received for shooting the prisoners to make merit to absolve himself from the sin of killing someone. He would have done better to just accept that he couldn't just pay to whitewash something like that away and saved himself the money. The same mentality that makes things like paying to shake the stupid sticks until you get the right answer leads to paying money in order to be able to commit ghastly crimes with a clean conscience. Come to think of it, not unlike the Catholic church.

I'm sure you have.

I'm sure things like this happen all over the world, but it's unusual that it's so common place that villages have procedures to prevent it from happening. It's also unusual that families would sell their own children into sexual slavery for a color TV, or a motor scooter.

Can you think of any small town in North America or Europe that has three massage parlors with young women (or girls) servicing men. That's how many Buriram had the last time I was there which was about 12 years ago; I can't imagine what it's like now. In a town of less than 5 thousand people the odds are pretty high that both the client and the customer know each other or their respective families. Call me crazy but I find that f$$king weird.

I haven't surveyed the massage parlours of Buriram myself but girls who voluntarily work in such places normally go to work as far from their home towns as possibly precisely to avoid encountering a male relative or some one else they know. The involuntary ones have usually been trafficked from a neighbouring country.

I can't believe this actually made it to the news. This is so common up north that most girls reaching puberty are sent to live with their grandparents so they won't get raped by their OWN fathers.

My first girlfriend in Thailand was from Buriram and she told me that this was a common practice. Many of the go-go girls would rather make money in Bangkok than get bonked by the old man for nothing. I've heard many sad stories.

Great post, Tim Tang.

I've also heard stories (from the TGF) as to how this is common; that the Issan exodus by pretty young girls to the redlight districts isnt always only a gracious "work to help support the poor family back home" mission, as it is just what Tim Tang said; a protective move against repeated rapings by a father, (or more frequently) stepfather, or stepbrother, and sometimes the son(s) of the village Poo Yai or police chief.

Edited by SiangDeeMahk

Police Arrest Rapist, screams the headline.

Police have arrested a man accused of raping his stepdaughter, reads the detail.

Responsible journalism? I think not.

Your first time wandering into the ThaiVisa news section?

I think you are right. What passes for Buddhism has more to do with animism and superstitious beliefs unrelated to Buddhism. Monks are forbidden from engaging in fortune telling activities and blessing homes, offices, factories and cars but they do it all the time which is not a great example. I remember reading in the autobiography of the last executioner who executed prisoners by shooting before they introduced lethal injections. He mentioned he had to spend a large part of the fees he received for shooting the prisoners to make merit to absolve himself from the sin of killing someone. He would have done better to just accept that he couldn't just pay to whitewash something like that away and saved himself the money. The same mentality that makes things like paying to shake the stupid sticks until you get the right answer leads to paying money in order to be able to commit ghastly crimes with a clean conscience. Come to think of it, not unlike the Catholic church.

Good point, Arkady. Not unlike the Catholic church. Aren't most belief systems precisely that: belief systems, prone to any sort of belief or wish or superstition you can think of? You could also add that there are many types of Buddhism, just as there are many versions of Christianity or Islam, often occuring within the same culture. What Tim Tang calls Buddhism may be quite different from what Tong calls it.

I'm sure you have.

Can you think of any small town in North America or Europe that has three massage parlors with young women (or girls) servicing men.

Lots in Austria, especially along the German/Austrian border where different coloured flags from the windows indicate services etc available. The Czech Republic was full of them countrywide. Lots all over Estonia last time I was there.

Every Falang is familiar with the BIG THREE; that being Pat Pong, Nana, and Soi Cowboy. These are less than a drip in the bucket compared to what's really going on. Just take a drive down Petchaburi road and count the multi-storied-windowless buildings advertising massages, Or the thousands of "Japanese Only" pubs. Can you imagine the logistics of maintaining a constant supply of young girls for these establishments.

In order to maintain this status-quo the gap between the Have's and Have-not's must be huge, so the biggest enemy would be distribution of wealth and a good education. Greed and Political Corruption serve to maintain this status-quo and nothing ever changes. This is completely UN-Buddhist yet this is supposedly a predominantly Buddhist country. I don't get it!

Great post, Tim Tang.

I've also heard stories (from the TGF) as to how this is common; that the Issan exodus by pretty young girls to the redlight districts isnt always only a gracious "work to help support the poor family back home" mission, as it is just what Tim Tang said; a protective move against repeated rapings by a father, (or more frequently) stepfather, or stepbrother, and sometimes the son(s) of the village Poo Yai or police chief.

You will need hard evidence for this sweeping claim if you want it to sound anything more than anecdotal or a wild-eyed yell.

Wow -- did I miss something in this story or is an English news source in Thailand actually reporting about alleged Thai on Thai crime and suspected Thai drug dealers?

Where is the Farang involvement in this story?? I am not used to this kind of reporting.

Edited by jcbangkok

Wow -- did I miss something in this story or is an English news source in Thailand actually reporting about alleged Thai on Thai crime and suspected Thai drug dealers?

Where is the Farang involvement in this story?? I am not used to this kind of reporting.

Really? You mustn't take in all that much Thai news then.

Unfortunately this terrible crime goes on all over Asia and a recent study in Cambodia reveals that most cases of sex abuse amongst children were actually committed by the Cambodians themselves and not by Foreigners as was first thought , in any case such as this the penalties should be made severe to act as a deterrent to others ! .

True.

But there is no money in prosecuting Cambodians.

Now if you can set up a foreigner whether guilty or not then funding will be flowing.

Pedophiles are all white don't you know.

You will need hard evidence for this sweeping claim if you want it to sound anything more than anecdotal or a wild-eyed yell.

I don't HAVE hard evidence, I'm just reiterating exactly what was told to me by my girl friend at that time. I also witnessed much of what I said because I lived up there for a short time. Obviously I'm focusing primarily on Buriram and the surrounding villages so I'm not making a "sweeping claim". If you believe I'm making an "anecdotal or a wild-eyed yell" you're entitled to your own oppinion; if you can provide evidence to the contrary I'd be happy to admit I'm wrong.

Every Falang is familiar with the BIG THREE; that being Pat Pong, Nana, and Soi Cowboy. These are less than a drip in the bucket compared to what's really going on. Just take a drive down Petchaburi road and count the multi-storied-windowless buildings advertising massages, Or the thousands of "Japanese Only" pubs. Can you imagine the logistics of maintaining a constant supply of young girls for these establishments.

In order to maintain this status-quo the gap between the Have's and Have-not's must be huge, so the biggest enemy would be distribution of wealth and a good education. Greed and Political Corruption serve to maintain this status-quo and nothing ever changes. This is completely UN-Buddhist yet this is supposedly a predominantly Buddhist country. I don't get it!

Thanks. This is a helpful political point. Lack of opportunity, allied to structural inequalities, makes for the sorts of exploitation and abuse you've been annotating. But I'm not sure the connection with 'UN-Buddhist' practices helps at all. What are you exactly saying here?

I don't HAVE hard evidence, I'm just reiterating exactly what was told to me by my girl friend at that time. I also witnessed much of what I said because I lived up there for a short time. Obviously I'm focusing primarily on Buriram and the surrounding villages so I'm not making a "sweeping claim". If you believe I'm making an "anecdotal or a wild-eyed yell" you're entitled to your own oppinion; if you can provide evidence to the contrary I'd be happy to admit I'm wrong.

I cannot. Which is why I wouldn't make any claims one way or the other.

10 year old. This is sick. Very sick. Shame to be a Thai.

Sadly enough it happens all and everywhere in the world , not only Thai .

If proven guilty they should put them away for life and castrate those filthy bastards ,

its rediculous some might go free when they are known paedophiles , they should face the consequences to protect the children and themselves to never walk free in public .

Thanks. This is a helpful political point. Lack of opportunity, allied to structural inequalities, makes for the sorts of exploitation and abuse you've been annotating. But I'm not sure the connection with 'UN-Buddhist' practices helps at all. What are you exactly saying here?

Greed and sexual exploitation of others, both contradict the teachings of Buddha. Wouldn't you expect a predominantly Buddhist country to actually exemplify SOME of the wisdom provided by Buddha their supposed focal point of their professed faith. Both of these characteristics would be considered "Selfishness".