Lessee Rights

Hello allI'm sure this has been discussed before somewhere on this forum.However, what rights does a lessee have with regard to exiting a lease agreement when that lease agreement expires.In others words, getting their deposit back?Craighj

A properly drawn lease contract will specify the deposit and the return process. If you do not have such in writing then hope you have a receipt for the deposit and just do your best in friendly negotiation of the return. If you don't have receipt then you are SOL and at the mercy of the lessor.

A properly drawn lease contract will specify the deposit and the return process. If you do not have such in writing then hope you have a receipt for the deposit and just do your best in friendly negotiation of the return. If you don't have receipt then you are SOL and at the mercy of the lessor.

Hi keeniau96

Yes have a properly written and excuted lease, with a deposit return mechanism.

The issue is, what are the lessees rights if the landlord does not follow the agreement?

I believe that under Thai law and as recently amended, the lessees rights are quite strong.

In fact, I believe Thai law well protects the lessee for full recovery of any deposit within 30 days of proper termination of the lease, less any damages etc.

However, I'm wondering if this indeed the case and what remedies maybe available for the lessee should the lessor start to play games?

Craighj