Brand New Windscreen

spha6092

Hi all, had some bad luck the other night -- had the back window smashed by a falling tree branch during the storm two nights ago. And the car battery died last night as well. The local mechanics quoted 7000 for a brand new back windscreen and almost 3000 for a new battery. I agreed because I just don't have any other choice atm. But I wanted to check whether these prices are reasonable?!

I have a Toyota Soluna, bought second hand. It's about 8 years old I think.

Thanks!

A battery would cost no more than 2k, thats my experiance anyway and I have replaced 3-4 since living here. all Honda ones btw.

no idea about the windscreen, but I would think if he is over charging for the battery then he will most certainly be doing the same for the windscreen.

as an afterthought! Insurance should cover the windscreen. not the battery though. but I guess that it would only be covered by 1st class insurance though. but worth checking out.

my mates merc windscreen had a huge crack and it cost him 110,000 baht to replace and took two weeks :blink:

something to do with all the little bits on the winscreen, like antennas and such. That would put me off mercs for life.

Edited by onnut

depending on where you get it and who you buy from

price vary alot.

i replace a merc reare wind screen for 8,000 just lats years .

and cos i retore retor cars i had got wind screen from price between 2500- 5000 .

7000 why not check a few place and compare price . i know a fe wplace but kinda hard to explain cos is speard all over the city .

110,000 for a merc wind screen , you can buy a old merc for 150,000 in good running condition .

Edited by Ta22

Theres a guy on the superhighway just after the entrance to big-c before Cat telecom that did my windscreen for 2500thb, I have a Mitsubishi pick up, he seems to have a lot of customers, which usually means he's pretty good and cheap.

depending on where you get it and who you buy from

price vary alot.

i replace a merc reare wind screen for 8,000 just lats years .

and cos i retore retor cars i had got wind screen from price between 2500- 5000 .

7000 why not check a few place and compare price . i know a fe wplace but kinda hard to explain cos is speard all over the city .

110,000 for a merc wind screen , you can buy a old merc for 150,000 in good running condition .

This one was a Merc peoples carrier. front screen replacement.