Cycle Shorts

doppa

Jackie bikes has a decent selection and highest quality that I know of.

The other shops like Top Gear and Chitawat might have a few but not as many choices.

Curious if anyone else knows of a quality shorts in town. I don't know of anyone selling Pearlizumi which is the best brand. I usually ship mine in.

El Jefe or T-Dog?

Jackie is soi parallell to Nimmanhemin to the east/city side.

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

Jackie bikes has a decent selection and highest quality that I know of.

The other shops like Top Gear and Chitawat might have a few but not as many choices.

Curious if anyone else knows of a quality shorts in town. I don't know of anyone selling Pearlizumi which is the best brand. I usually ship mine in.

El Jefe or T-Dog?

Jackie is soi parallell to Nimmanhemin to the east/city side.

Agree with CSN.

I bring my bibs with me from the US, either standard Voler which are great value, or Champion Systems which are custom designed for my team. The Champion kit is made in China but is much, much better than any other Chinese made kit I've ever seen.

btw, Assos is even better than Pearl Izumi but I can't afford it.

Yes I was surprised on my last trip I thought for sure there would be some good deals in CM for bibs.

But I saw very little of bibs or jerseys at Jackies & Spin but they did have some. I would have thought being close to China & all there may be some nice knock-offs

I still like Castelli best but they are getting pricey too..But do last. You can find deals on Ebay too but not all Castelli's are great like the old days.

Now many of their lower priced ones are made elsewhere

Volers are nice too like EJ mentioned

Got mine recently from China, tour de France kit, fraction of the price.

I am in Kunming China for another month. I sure would like to know where you bought yours.

Proper cycle shorts are available at all the main bike shops in CM:

SpinBike

Jacky Bikes

TCA

VeloCity

Cherry Bike

You should have no problem finding a pair or two.

Incidentally, these shorts are not designed to protect your knackers as you say, but are worn (without underpants, PLEASE!) so as to provide a comfort zone between bottom and saddle. If you cycle everyday you would need at least two pairs as they need to be washed after every ride to avoid boils etc. They are also designed to stop friction from other clothing, which is why underpants are not worn with these type of shorts.

Pedal on!

As previous, Tom has cheap ones but fall to bits quick. I expect Jackie does have the best ones but I wouldn't venture there if he were giving them away.

Get yerself a decent seat and you will also save yourself looking silly. ;)

I'll tell you if you promise never, ever to post a picture of you wearing them... :unsure:

guys that smell of fish should not make fun of people

Fish, beans, and as of today, clams.......

Thank heavens Ian F hasn't found this thread, I don't think my eyes could take that. ^_^

The one shop in Tachilek that sells motorcycle kit sells, what appears to be, brand name cycle gear.

Doppa....No need to import them as there is plenty available here. Lots of good suggestions on this thread so far. You can even show up for a Sunday Cycling ride (www.cmcycling.org) on any Sunday at 7:30 AM at Tapae Gate and buy a pair there.

During an organized ride up Doi Suthep last December, I ran into a fellow that had some beautiful pants and shorts that he was making up near Maejo University. If anyone knows where this place is, please post directions. I unfortunately lost his business card, but the quality of his clothing appeared to be better than what you get off the shelf.

I'll tell you if you promise never, ever to post a picture of you wearing them... :unsure:

guys that smell of fish should not make fun of people

Fish, beans, and as of today, clams.......

Thank heavens Ian F hasn't found this thread, I don't think my eyes could take that. ^_^

The one shop in Tachilek that sells motorcycle kit sells, what appears to be, brand name cycle gear.

But I have found this fred ....