Tourist Visa To A Non "O" For Retirement

You will need to go to immirgation in Bangkok (or Pattaya) as most immirgation offices won't do it.

You will have to comply with the rules for a 1 year extension, in essence have 800,000 baht in a bank account in Thailand for 2 months already OR have an income of 65,000 a month OR have a combination of yearly income and money in the bank of 800,000 baht. In the last cae the money doesn't need to be seasoned and in the case of income it can be from abroead, in which case you needd a letter from your embassy confirming your income.

Important is also that you have enough time left on your current pemission to stay for the conversion. That used to be at least 21 days, but some reports indicate you can now have fewer days left.

Conversion is 2,000 baht and leads to a permission to stay of 90 days, at the end of that you ask for the 1 year extension for 1,900 baht.

I have done this procedure last week, and as always in Thailand in my case not same same(but different)...

You will need to go to immirgation in Bangkok (or Pattaya) as most immirgation offices won't do it.

Yes, Immigration Bangkok and Pattaya does it.

You will have to comply with the rules for a 1 year extension, in essence have 800,000 baht in a bank account in Thailand for 2 months already OR have an income of 65,000 a month OR have a combination of yearly income and money in the bank of 800,000 baht. In the last cae the money doesn't need to be seasoned and in the case of income it can be from abroead, in which case you needd a letter from your embassy confirming your income.

Yes correct, thats what the law says. But i had a certificate of income > 65,000 from my embassy and the immigration still want a copy of the bankbook(+certificate from Bank) with ANY amount on it!

Important is also that you have enough time left on your current pemission to stay for the conversion. That used to be at least 21 days, but some reports indicate you can now have fewer days left.

Yes, in my case 7 Days left on the old permit.

Conversion is 2,000 baht and leads to a permission to stay of 90 days, at the end of that you ask for the 1 year extension for 1,900 baht.

If you don't mind to give 90 days away you can do it all on the same day. Fill out the TM.7 (90 Days) + TM.87 (non-immigrant visa) 2 Photos and copy of Passport.

Pay 3900 Baht and maybe don't forget the re-entry(TM.8) for the visa if you plan to leave Thailand for any reason.

This was working in my case, it may be different for any other persons on any other day in any other place(in Thailand)!

• 1 month later...

TWK - Did you do this in Bangkok or Pattaya Immigration?

I have done this procedure last week, and as always in Thailand in my case not same same(but different)...

Yes, Immigration Bangkok and Pattaya does it.

Yes correct, thats what the law says. But i had a certificate of income > 65,000 from my embassy and the immigration still want a copy of the bankbook(+certificate from Bank) with ANY amount on it!

Yes, in my case 7 Days left on the old permit.

If you don't mind to give 90 days away you can do it all on the same day. Fill out the TM.7 (90 Days) + TM.87 (non-immigrant visa) 2 Photos and copy of Passport.

Pay 3900 Baht and maybe don't forget the re-entry(TM.8) for the visa if you plan to leave Thailand for any reason.

This was working in my case, it may be different for any other persons on any other day in any other place(in Thailand)!