Uk Settlement Visa Employmentmy

My partner will be applying for a uk settlement visa soon and I have an employment letter from my boss stating my salary, hours etc. But I'm not sure how long I will be working at my current job. so I'm wondering by the time the embassy see all the documents do they call your employer or not to clarify your position? Because I might of moved onto a different job by then.

Thanks

Please allow people time to answer!

It is unlikely that the ECO will contact your employer, but you should inform them of any change in circumstances between submitting the application and your partner entering the UK.

Guest jonzboy

some sponsors, like myself, have been living overseas and are returning to UK to live permanently with the applicant, thus requiring a new start, including a job

what the ECO is really interested in is the sponsor's and/or applicant's ability to find work in UK or otherwise support themselves (i.e. no job but other sources of income)

IMHO this does not mean that the ECO won't conduct random checks on the documents submitted, so always assume that they will