Water Quality Of Thailand Beaches,How Far Away I Must Go Outside Pattaya To Find Clean Water?

Sandman77

Hello!

last year i heard in the radio,that i always take withme,that the water in pattaya is dirty,and embittered!

so how far away ,i have to go to another beach outside to find clean water?

when the hotels dont stop,to put dirty water into the beach,mostly in the nightt i recogneized,then in aroudn 10-15 years ,more beaches will be closed for swimming!

and the ocological system will be colapsed!

i hope,before this happens,the thai goverment,make more effektives nature protection laws!

everything,what people put in the ocean,will come back,somewhere in time..

is there a website,where provide updated information,about the water quality on the beaches?

This is not the first time I have commented on Pattaya / Jomtien beaches on Thai Visa.

The bottom line is they are very badly polluted.

What you do not see is that all the storm drains actually run out to sea under the sand.

The whole world is pumping all manner of crap into the oceans and how any marine life manages to survive is a mystery to me.

I worked in Angola in West Africa where the storm drains are not covered over. The resulting mass of human detritus was appalling to witness when the rains came and pushed it all out into the South Atlantic.

So maybe ? in Thailand what you do not see you do not worry about. Out of sight out of mind until you get ear infections throat infections strange rashes.....etc......

Swimming pools are not much better...who knows how good the pool attendant is at putting the correct amount of chlorine etc in the daily cocktail of toe nail fungus, dead skin, snot, urine, semen, cottage cheese and clingons of crap that swill about in public/condo/hotel pools.

In Thailand best to stay out of the water ....but watch out for the Land Sharks....:P

You only have to look at al those motor boats and jet skis let alone what has already been mentioned to tell you dont swim here.

I stayed at the LK Metro in Soi Diana last year used their pool and ended up the Bangkok Hospital, when I got back to the Uk I took an eye test and within a Jan2009 test and April 2009 my vision had changed, amazingly. At the hospital I asked the doctor where I could swim? Jontiem? NO, Ko Lan? NO. I think Ko Lan is probably a better bet but use goggles where ever you decide and the pools well what can you say, no one ever checks the water from what I saw and no one ever tells you to keep out of the water because; 1. Its not fit for swimming.2. Full of jellyfish etc because they are afraid money will be lost and that is number one, not the quality of your holiday.

According to the PCD Chief:

"The six "premium" beaches are Bi Leh, Koh Rok, Samsao and Ao Kha beaches in Krabi, Lidi beach in Satun, and Tai Muang beach in Phangnga, said Worasart Apaipong, PCD's deputy chief."

"Premium" meaning relatively clean. That's it.

Edited by tpthai2

<snip for brevity>

Swimming pools are not much better...who knows how good the pool attendant is at putting the correct amount of chlorine etc in the daily cocktail of toe nail fungus, dead skin, snot, urine, semen, cottage cheese and clingons of crap that swill about in public/condo/hotel pools.

In Thailand best to stay out of the water ....but watch out for the Land Sharks....:P

You forgot smegma, vaginal-fluids & blood, it almost makes simple sweat seem pure & wholesome ! :bah: