Best (Cheap) Voip Product

wehugheog

We like voipdiscount, also there’s an app for some mobiles as well.

If the family outside Thailand sign up, they can call you in Thailand on mobile and landline for next to nothing as part of their free destinations

www.voipdiscount.com

I have Skype, Wolrd Package ( I think it's called)

About £7 a month, unlimited worldwide landline calls.

Mobiles quite cheap too.

Personally, I prefer the various gateway numbers when calling abroad from Thailand - the quality is perfect and the cost slightly cheaper than Skype.

Skype works as near as perfectly as you can reasonably expect, 99% in my experience, voice and video; I'd recommend it unreservedly. The OP doesn't say but if he/she is using Skype and looking elsewhere is there a problem with Skype?

One thing I don't like about Skype is that it is not compatible SIP hardware, so I use pennytel.

Skype works as near as perfectly as you can reasonably expect, 99% in my experience, voice and video; I'd recommend it unreservedly. The OP doesn't say but if he/she is using Skype and looking elsewhere is there a problem with Skype?

One thing I don't like about Skype is that it is not compatible SIP hardware, so I use pennytel.

It is, Skype released "Skype for SIP" some months ago. It's somewhere on their business pages. i used it quite well with Asterisk PBX.

Also, if calling the US, it's possible to call residential numbers for free. There are some 1800 numbers that will connect your directory enquiry. I've tried this with my zero credit iphone/ipad skype client, and had a nice chat with my brother in TX.

The number is either +18003733411 or +18004664411 - although the later may only do business numbers.

Cheap...you want cheap ??

Just remember that if you buy 'cheap',what you get is ...

CHEAP.....! ! ! !

Yes, thanks. Cheap is... cheap.

So, if I was to make an expensive phone call would that be ... expensive?

And what about a medium priced phone call, what would that be?

Presumably then, the value of what was being said in a cheap phone call would be, somehow, reduced?

Nice expensive font btw :) how much was it to make it bold? I think that added to the value of what you were saying.

I think I'll re-asses my telephone pricing now, instead of paying 1pence per minute I'll use my normal phone network and pay up to £1 a minute instead. I'll have much better conversations.

Edited by bifftastic

I use smartvoip.com free land and mobile calls to US, Canada, Germany and many other countries along with free calling to Thailand land and mobil so if you are on your computer a lot use headphone and SmartVOIP clear reception, easy to use but must buy a package of $20.00 to initiate and renew every 90 days.

Thanks for the input.

I have had some trouble with Skype with the calls being not too clear, but that is probably due to the fantastic internet we have here in Thailand.

I will try out some of the others.

Thanks!

so long as you dont use video along with the call I get zero problems with Skype and my connection is normally lousey BUT Skype works well just for voice