Thai Drivers License Written Test Questions

rhino533

Does anyone know if there is a website or any place I can get a copy (in English) of questions that might be on the Thai drivers license written test. I went last week and failed the ferkin test. The english questions are terrible and hard to understand. The answers didn't make much sense too. Any help would be great. I just don't want to fail it again. It's kind of embarrassing. My drivers license from my home country expired that's why I have to take the test in the first place.

eek posted this link a while ago: http://apps.dlt.go.th/driving_hp/ELearnning/E-Learning2.swf

It's pretty useful and explains signs, rules of the road etc.

If you were in a small office a 'donation' may have eased your way through the test. It did for me as I failed the bike test by 1 question and didn't have time to take it again, they were waiting outside for me to do the driving part of the test.

The test itself is very easy, but the english translation of the test appears to have been done by a non-English speaking person. Many of the "correct" answers are wrong or do not apply to the question asked. There is, however, salvation. In Pattaya, at least, there is a machine upstairs in the license processing area that has all (or almost all) of the actual test questions and gives you the "correct" answer. You don't have to understand it or understand why it is correct, just repeat it when asked on the acutal test. You can run through the sample test on the machine once or twice before taking the test in about 20 minutes and hopefully remember the correct answers long enough to repeat then on the real test.

The test itself is very easy, but the english translation of the test appears to have been done by a non-English speaking person. Many of the "correct" answers are wrong or do not apply to the question asked. There is, however, salvation. In Pattaya, at least, there is a machine upstairs in the license processing area that has all (or almost all) of the actual test questions and gives you the "correct" answer. You don't have to understand it or understand why it is correct, just repeat it when asked on the acutal test. You can run through the sample test on the machine once or twice before taking the test in about 20 minutes and hopefully remember the correct answers long enough to repeat then on the real test.

This is correct, I was explained this by the test administrator before taking the test and failing by 1 question. We repeated it together. She felt sorry for the poor Thai guy who couldn't read Thai. I translated the english questions to her in Thai, and she gave me the answers. Passed 100%. So after the test I brought her back a coconut cake!

If you can't find the test answers, just explain to the test administrator that you can't take the Thai version, and that the English questions are mistranslated and often wrong. Take some candy or food with you to give to her (you just HAPPENED to have some that she can have for helping you) and I am sure they will help you.

Edited by floridaguy