Beachroad Safe Around Midnight?

Dutchman6

I like to stroll along beachroad/the beach from time to time and sometimes I go late at night around midnight because I like to see the low tides. Wetter you go there day or night there's always people with annoying requests off course, Thailand will always be Thailand I guess, but is it regarded safe to walk there late at night?

Yeah I don't even drink alcohol anymore nowadays... Are there a lot of violent incidents there? I don't know fights or whatever, something I'm bound to get in touch with if I'd do it every night? I don't mind the girls being there and those glow in the dark red eyes whispering coka just annoy..

Recently a friend of mine, well built and 6 ft. tall got almost mugged at 10pm right below soi 8. first a couple of guys approached him demanding money and pushing him agains a tree, then he ran off towards the soi 9 police station. immediately 2 more guys joined the first two, armed with metal pips. They only gave up the chase when my friend screamed HELP approaching the police station. most crimes on beach road go unreported. definitely not safe.

In my 12 years of going to Pattaya twice a year and walking beach road up to 4 in the morning, never experienced any problems. Not to say it doesn't happen, but even after partying, as long as you are aware of your surroundings and don't look for trouble, I don't think you'll find trouble. :jap:

Yeah I don't even drink alcohol anymore nowadays... Are there a lot of violent incidents there? I don't know fights or whatever, something I'm bound to get in touch with if I'd do it every night? I don't mind the girls being there and those glow in the dark red eyes whispering coka just annoy..

"and those glow in the dark red eyes whispering coka just annoy.."

What's that mean? Mai kojai, krap...

Have walked up there at that time over the 25 years , I have been going to Patts, if I have been having a bit too much to drink ...NO WAY

I am 6'3" & fairly trained , but not stupid.

Just be aware of your surroundings