Recommendation For B&W Laser Printer With Low Operating Costs?

a1falang

My Canon LBP2900 is costly to run - 2300 baht per cartridge, which only lasts about a month. It also curls pages quite badly and sometimes jams if I "reuse" paper by printing on the unused blank side. I don't mind paying more for a good-quality B&W laser as long as it has the lowest running costs and hopefully doesn't curl or jam too much. Any recommendations? (Yes, I've already searched the forums and I found mostly requests for recommendations for colour inkjets, lasers or all-in-ones, which I definitely don't need. :rolleyes: )

The curling paper is due to moisture in the paper, all ways seal up the packet in a plastic bag during the wet weather. Also only put a small quantity in the printer, if it curls take it out put in a warm (150 c) oven for 30 minutes to dry it out.

I don't if it is the same in Thailand but Kyocera In Australia that I have had experience with are very cheap to run. They have a ceramic drum that lasts the life of the machine and never needs to be replaced. The other machines have the drum in the cartridge and you pay for a new drum every time the toner runs out unless you refill it. But even with refills the drums have a limited life.

The Kyocera just needs toner hence the saving.

The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint 340A http://www.fujixerox.co.th/en/product/3-Office-Printer/9-Black-and-White-Printer/158-DocuPrint-340A would be a good choice. It has a three-year on-site standard warranty which is nice.  If this is a little too much printer for you, a cheaper DocuPrint model can be found at Fuji Xerox printer shops.

I've purchased a Brother HL-5240 several years ago in Thailand and it has worked flawlessly for over three years. The toner is easy and inexpensive to have filled at Independent computer or ink shops. The drum was a 300 baht item to have "fixed" to last longer when done after 3 years at an independent computer repair shop. Toner re-fill depending on the capacity of which size toner cartridge is 400 to 700 baht in Buriram. My daughter prints a lower black and white print volume so her Brother HL 2140 has been a sensible and inexpensive choice. In my experience the owner of a small shop can be candid with you on which black and white laser printer models he can "re-fill" verses which models you need a new or re-manufactured toner cartridge. The staff at the Korat IT City were no help, but a small independent shop in the same IT Mall could help with a cost effective "drum issue" for my Brother HL-5240. Good comments on the curling paper problem by a poster!!!