What Is The Best Way Of Transferring Money From Sydney?

davepom

I live in Thailand for 5 years with my thai wife. Soon, some amount of my money will be transferred from sydney (my parents' will). What 's the best way of transferring those amount ( or how much per time? ) in order to pay less tax deductible by Thai Govt ?

How much?

I use an ATM card, just withdraw as needed.

Find a bank that does NOT charge an arm and leg.

I pay $5NZ + 1% FX fee.

Keep in a high interest account and it should work out free.

Mine does.

Feels safer in a bank at home.

OZ banks are rip-off merchants as a rule.

Edited by Zpete

How much?

I use an ATM card, just withdraw as needed.

Find a bank that does NOT charge an arm and leg.

I pay $5NZ + 1% FX fee.

Keep in a high interest account and it should work out free.

Mine does.

Feels safer in a bank at home.

OZ banks are rip-off merchants as a rule.

I have my cash sent over via Westpac bank , $10,000-00 at a time.

Make sure you tell them to Telegraphic Transfer (TT) your cash, and not to convert it to Baht in OZ.

By TTing your cash you get a better rate here in Thailand.

I bank here with the Bangkok Bank, never had a problem.

Under no circumstances have it sent via Travelex

Agree with the above 2 posters. Transfer it as you need to by TT. You can do this online with Westpac and in my experience if you transfer in the morning Oz time it will be in an SCB account within a few hours as cleared funds.

Definitely DO NOT send baht from OZ, always AUD.

Costs $20 a time with Westpac and I think SCB charge nothing at the Thai end for receiving and no tax, but that may be dependent on the amount transferred.

Agree with the above 2 posters. Transfer it as you need to by TT. You can do this online with Westpac and in my experience if you transfer in the morning Oz time it will be in an SCB account within a few hours as cleared funds.

Definitely DO NOT send baht from OZ, always AUD.

Costs $20 a time with Westpac and I think SCB charge nothing at the Thai end for receiving and no tax, but that may be dependent on the amount transferred.

I borrowed money from friend in Austrtalia for my wifes heart operation. My bank has a record of it coming in A$30,000 now I want to pay it back. I am a retiree. How do I send it back? I only have Thai Baht

Edited by antony77

I transfer money into my SCB account using Macquarie International money transfer www.internationalmoneytransfers.com.au/

Higher exchange rate than the big banks for a flat fee of $15 and no fee for transfers over $10,000. Can deposit the funds into their ozforex account via EFT or bpay and its usually in my account within 48 hours. SCB sometimes charge 100bht fee.