Zonealarm Screen Of Death!

coldcrush

Anyone running ZA security suite...its gone mental since the new 60 update!

dll files missing, no internet access and more...I have gone so mad with it, it has brought me backround to hysterical laughter!

The amount of issues on their forum is crazy....The Bizzare Existence of ZA products!

Anyway for a laugh checkout what they expect you or me (the customer) to do to get it off your system, as yes, after you uninstall it, it still does not allow you on the net or basically your computer to function properly! I have uninstalled in in the 5 ways they want! Everyday has a new method! I think they forgot a small issue before they upgraded it, that is SEE IF IT WORKS! :D

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/board/m...id=28831#M28831

Some peoples messages are very amusing... Anyways if anyone is having problems, thats why...stick to the free version...it works!

The bizzare existence of ZA continues........

:o

Edited by lopburiguy

I'll probably get shot down for this,but since my last reinstall with the latest Window XP SP2.

I only use the built in firewall,along with MS Spyware,and have not had a single fault picked by Spybot or Adaware.My PC is on almost 24/7.

MS spyware runs once a day,the only thing it picks up is my Kazaa installation,and thats low risk

Zonealarm is a waste HD space IMHO

I installed Z.A Security Suite as a result of several recommendations in the IT industry and it worked well - picked up things that Adaware etc. didn't. The only gripe was that it refused to allow access to mIRC whatever settings you tried to change.

Just installed the new version (and had to re-adjust all my preferences) and have had the following problems:

Email auto-mailing trojan

Much slower PC speed

Too many bloody confusing messages coming up!

Internet speed seems to be unaffected.

I installed Z.A Security Suite as a result of several recommendations in the IT industry and it worked well - picked up things that Adaware etc. didn't.  The only gripe was that it refused to allow access to mIRC whatever settings you tried to change.

Just installed the new version (and had to re-adjust all my preferences) and have had the following problems:

Email auto-mailing trojan

Much slower PC speed

Too many bloody confusing messages coming up!

Internet speed seems to be unaffected.

Ny sympathys on ZA behalf as they will not give any reasons for the new software issues. Only its not thier fault! Afetr several posts and alot of work to fix the problems they have not even come up with a patch fix etc.

I am now looking into a new antivirus, after years with ZA I think my time with them is up. Any recommendations welcomed.

I was thinking maybe Bit Defender or AVG Pro?

:o

Avoid the new ZA like the plague. I tried it as well, but every program that ran or tried to run would give result in a pop-up from ZA stating that that program was exhibiting "Dangerous Behavior." This included my AV. Another major problem with the new ZA was that it would automatically allow all programs to start upon logging in! Even System Restore wanted to start by itself. Thankfully, I was able to go into Safe Mode and get rid of the new version of ZA. The old one works just fine. Avoid the newer one at all costs.

I've been using ZA Pro 5.5.094.000. Regular updates and have never had a problem with it. The new Security Suite is another story. :o

IM if you need info about getting it.

Edited by frodo

hi' all

ZA antivirus attached as a suite to the world famous firewall isn't this efficient and can lead to some conflicts inside your system, anyway lots of people tried it and said it was not as efficient as any big band name ...

use ZA as a firewall without the antivirus so called "security suite".

for MIRC as carlbkk mentionned, set expert rules for it, open ports only for IRC channels, same as bittorrent(any soft), open the port you need and don't set it as server "globaly".

so, for myself, I use ZA Pro as a firewall and Bitdefender 8 as antivirus.

ad-aware and spybot and for some cleaning CCcleaner.

and it's all working fine :o

francois

hi' all

ZA antivirus attached as a suite to the world famous firewall isn't this efficient and can lead to some conflicts inside your system, anyway lots of people tried it and said it was not as efficient as any big band name ...

use ZA as a firewall without the antivirus so called "security suite".

for MIRC as carlbkk mentionned, set expert rules for it, open ports only for IRC channels, same as bittorrent(any soft), open the port you need and don't set it as server "globaly".

so, for myself, I use ZA Pro as a firewall and Bitdefender 8 as antivirus.

ad-aware and spybot and for some cleaning CCcleaner.

and it's all working fine :D

francois

Sounds like a more reliable set up...more than mine at the moment! :o

However have you tried Tuneup Utilities for cleanup and lots more, its a very good bit of kit. :D