3Bb Premier The Best Option For Me? Cat & True Don'T Reach Me

WhiteCadillac

Is the 3BB Premier connection the best option for me? CAT & True don't reach my place near Night Safari.

At 2500 baht per month it is relatively expensive, but I need a good line that doesn't disconnect.

I dont care that much about superhigh download speeds, I just need a connection that is stable.

if you do not care about high download speed you can try Tot that use the phone line is not fast speed but is cheap .

. of even using a Mobile phone .

2500 is way too high .

i am paying 1200++ for a 12mb + 1 mb line .

i wonder what you getting .

do you own the house . ?

if you do offer then a free space to put a Dac .unti .

good luck

I got cat CDMA last week only option out here between Sanpatong and Lamphun. Works really well max download speed is 2,5 MB and ping under 500 MS to USA. The Cat shop on the ground floor of Pantip know there stuff and can open a program similar to google earth, Show them where you live and they can advise you the best option. They even stock cradle point 3g routers which really surprised me.

in my View 3BB .. how to put it ..

their contract package is relaly a turn down . you got to sign on for 1 years so please check .

and also i prefer true try talk to them and tell them you willing to pay for extra for running the cable to your house .

may cost you like 3000b or more but still for 1200b you get 12mb line i did it to my house i paid like 3500 to get the cable direct to my house

if you do not care about high download speed you can try Tot that use the phone line is not fast speed but is cheap .

. of even using a Mobile phone .

2500 is way too high .

i am paying 1200++ for a 12mb + 1 mb line .

i wonder what you getting .

do you own the house . ?

if you do offer then a free space to put a Dac .unti .

good luck

Thanks for your reply.

I would never get TOT. Search for the forums and you will know why. Customer service is terrible and the connections are very iffy.

I have a CAT CDMA as a back up (signal is not that good, but I plan to install an antenna), so I dont need AIS 3G mobile internet as a back up.

Does a DAC unit really help with the connection? I could offer them to do this. I do own the house. Is there a thai word for this and do the CS understand if I bring it up?

By CAT, you mean the CDMA USB modem? I've used it down towards Big C in Hang Dong and haven't really found a spot in CM that I can't get a signal.

Heard it was slow, but AIS also has a "3G" modem/Sim option that a friend used down in your neck of the woods.

CAT CDMA USB modem yes.

I tried it at my place near Night Safari and got 1 bar only. Download and ul speeds were 0.30 megabytes and latency (ping) was up at 200-1000 ms. So very slow.

I haven't tried AIS 3g yet at my place yet. I could take one of their small packages and see if it works at all. Basically a stable 512 kbs (0.5 megabytes) connection that doesn't disconnect would be enough.

in my View 3BB .. how to put it ..

their contract package is relaly a turn down . you got to sign on for 1 years so please check .

and also i prefer true try talk to them and tell them you willing to pay for extra for running the cable to your house .

may cost you like 3000b or more but still for 1200b you get 12mb line i did it to my house i paid like 3500 to get the cable direct to my house

True had also a minimum of 1 year contract in BKK. Dunno if they insist that here in CM.

Is True's connection any more reliable than 3BBs? If not then I can take 3BB instead.

That 12 mb connection of True - is it shared among other users? If it's then I'll prefer 3bb premier.

it depends a lot on the location. I have TOT and mine is great. Seem to rarely go below 3 mb and not throttled as far as I can tell on torrents.

I do however live near a TOT central office.

It's the wires closest to one's location that are usually the culprit.... If your last km or whatever of wire is poor or the shared facilities are overloaded then any wired provider will be using the same facilities and will tend to have poor service.

This is why location is so important for internet quality.

TA's idea of paying extra to bring True out is a good idea.

it depends a lot on the location. I have TOT and mine is great. Seem to rarely go below 3 mb and not throttled as far as I can tell on torrents.

I do however live near a TOT central office.

It's the wires closest to one's location that are usually the culprit.... If your last km or whatever of wire is poor or the shared facilities are overloaded then any wired provider will be using the same facilities and will tend to have poor service.

This is why location is so important for internet quality.

TA's idea of paying extra to bring True out is a good idea.

I gotta ask True if they are willing to do it. The sales person told me a couple a days ago that at this moment they won't be able their connection does not reach at my place. Maybe offering extra $$$ might do the trick.

I should ask my neighbours what connections they use.. if their 3bb or whatever they are using is fast or disconnects alot.

Edited by WhiteCadillac

Tot has been very good customer service for me, its just the line is too long and having it set at any decent speed the SNR margin sux.

Their tech comes within a few hours of being called when there are problems and is very knowledgeable compared to 3BB's