House/Land Purchace

I am aware that as a foreighner, I am not allowed to buy any land here in thailand - my question is this - Can I buy the land in my daughters name - she has a thai mum - Obviously using a lawyer, I thought that by registering the land parcel in my girls name, that would allow me to own the land allbeit in someone elses name.

Any thoughts ?

YES land can be registered in the name of a Thai minor child.

But you still will not own or control the land, the child would under supervision of the court. Section 1574 of the Civil and Commercial Code.

I thought that Thai nationals are not allowed to own land as nominees for foreigners. Given that the money to purchase the land is coming from the OP, would this not be the case here? Thai nationals acting as nominees subject themselves to prosecution under Thai law, as far as I know.

The land is legally a gift to the minor child. The OP cannot exercise control over the land due to intervention of the court. See Section 1574 of the Civil and Commercial Code. If, for example, the OP should choose to build a house on the land he could not do so without getting permission from the court. The nominee relationship does not exits.