Non-im B: Getting More Than One

Good question. I was thinking the same thing.

One way is to not have the sponsor doc say "potential employment" but rather "looking for/researching investment oppurtunities" I guess in corporation with the sponsor company.

Some consulates seems to be very relaxed about issuing the 12 mth non-em b visas just based on a foreign (little) company letterhead saying that this person will look for business oppurtunities (or export products Etc.) in Thailand.

Cheers!

Ok so presuming you have no troubles with the office issuing the visa are you then home and dry? I mean might it prompt question asking at borders and for that matter on entering the country which box should you tick on the immigration form where is asks 'Purpose of visit'?

I hope others will jump in with some replies, but I would not worry putting my X in Business or Meeting/Conference.

I have not heard about anyone having problems after the visa is issued, but maybe somebody else have some stories?

One thing I foresee is problems showing what one is living of. 2-3 years in Thailand on 12 mth non-em B based on invite/sponsorship from company might tricker some thoughts about tax evasion I guess? Not that I have heard cases about that either. Anyone? Cheers!

Depends on where you're applying. In Asia a lot of places will be funny about issuing Non-imm B after Non-imm B (although it's hard to get multiples here anyway without a WP). In the UK, Oz and the US depending on where you're applying you may well be fine. I know many people with four or five back to back multiple entry Non-imm Bs.

I hope others will jump in with some replies, but I would not worry putting my X in Business or Meeting/Conference.

And if anybody at the border ask what that business is, what do you say?

A few years back crossing back into Mae Sai from Tachilek on a non Im B, a Thai immigration officer asked me what I was doing here in Thailand and whilst i was able to say without perjuring myself that i was merely on an extended hoilday i felt a little nervous all the same.

Eh.... I hear you (business might be translated into WORK requiring a wp) but if you have a non-em B (standing for Business..) visa for whatever reason you put in the application, then THAT reason is what you should X of. As I believe we are talking endorsed by a business for possible future corporation, employment or investments then meeting or business IS correct. (maybe you come to Thailand to source for export products?)

To stay safe one could stick to the meeting/conference X I guess.

Cheers!

Doesn't matter if what you say differs from what you said when you got it. They don't keep a record at the borders.

I'd probably say you're looking to set up a business here, or your company in the UK has sent you over to 'check' things out.