Overstay Because Of Flooding

DISCUSS ANY INFORMATION YOU HAVE REGARDING PEOPLE WHO ARE NOW ON A OVERSTAY DUE THE VAST FLOODING IN THE SOUTH OF THAILAND. AS FAR AS I KNOW AT THE MOMENT FORIENGERS ON KOH SAMUI, PHANGAN AND TAO ARE STRANDED FOR THE NEXT 2 DAYS AT LEAST AS NO FERRY SERVICE IS IN OPERATION.

Stop shouting we can hear you....:whistling:

The situation/solution I expect will be same as the Icelandic volcano, if you are on an overstay because of the flooding, will not be a problem with Immigration

At least they are not over sized and bold.:lol:

Please don't post in CAPSLOCK. It is considered SHOUTING!.

As to your question, so far no official policy regarding this is known. Suspect people will have to pay overstay fines, but it might be an idea to contact the government information line at 1111 . if there is no oficial policy, it might make them aware that there is a problem. But suspect you will need to pay overstay. Can't hurt to have proof of your stay in an effected area.

Samui has an immigration office, so why not check with them directly ? You certainly will not be the only one

Hmmm..............smashing idea, how am ah supposed to get there SWIM!!!!!!!!!

sorry for shouting.

Edited by harvey1903

Samui has an immigration office, so why not check with them directly ? You certainly will not be the only one

sorry for shouting.

SHOUT! Maybe they can hear you.

Do the phones work?

sorry for shouting.

SHOUT! Maybe they can hear you.

Do the phones work?

:cheesy:

Well, for those who might be clued in, I have never been able to get Samui Immigration to answer the phone. But if you don't deal with them, you wouldnt't know that. So, I guess its just easier to make unhelpful comments instead.

Samui Immigration will most likely be understanding of the situation so long as you have proof you were stuck on koh Tao, as far as I am aware, the boat from Phangan to Samui left this morning but Tao is not running.

I just x'ed the border from Malaysia to Thailand (after a stint in Indonesia) - it was no picnic. 8+ hours for the usual 4+ hour run. We could not cross at any of the normal points (we tried 3). We were up in the mountains and even tried the new point @ Durianburung in sik. We came don off the mountains thru a backroad and crossed at sadao. there was no one going either way.

Xing into Thailand, the roads were quite dry all the way to HY. I grabbed the first bus north as I had heard trains were flooded out. My gh is central HY so thought better to go and come back and waste a day - so I moved on.

Roads were very dry all the way north with pockets of water on the sides in places.

So, I cannot speak to local issues such as closed roads and inability for you to make it from A to B - but I doubt that at this juncture any grace to be given. They are also in fact Immigration flunkies so why would they want to give you the benefit of the doubt.