Pattaya Entertainment Complex Raided By Bkk Police

britmaveric

Central Pattaya entertainment complex raided by Bangkok Crime Suppression Police.

On Thursday Night, Police Major General Woot, Deputy Commander of Criminal Investigation from Bangkok assembled a team of Bangkok crime suppression officers to conduct a raid of the Heaven Entertainment Complex which features a restaurant and massage parlor on the Sukumvit Road in Central Pattaya. Police made the journey from Bangkok to check on the massage parlor which they believed employed many foreigners who would also offer sex for money which is an illegal act here in Thailand. During the raid a total of 13 Burmese, and 10 Uzbekistani female masseurs were found. Each was asked to produce a visa and work permit which they failed to do. The manager of the complex, Khun Sanan who was not available has been charged with illegally employing foreigners and a warrant has been issued for his arrest. The serious aspect to this case relates to allegations of local Police Officers who are allegedly taking money from the complex in return for them ignoring the illegal activities taking place at the venue. The Major General has ordered a detailed investigation and will be checking bank accounts of local Police Officers to find out which officers may be on the payroll at this location. The General promised that any officer caught taking money from Bars or other entertainment venues will be severely disciplined or may even lose their jobs. Papers have been sent to the Governor of Chonburi who may decide to close this venue on a permanent or temporary basis.

Pattaya City News

Friday 5th August 2005

I feel very angry about this:

This morning my favourite girl from 'Heaven' called me explaining that she had been held overnight by police and needed 1000 baht to be released.

Her crime; she was a victim of the above said raid by police. She is a Thai citizen with an I.D. card trying to earn a living in a Thai Massage Centre.

I understand if the raid was to expel illegal Burmese or Uzbec ladies, but why imprison Thai's and extort 1000 baht which is about $25?

Since when was massage with 'extras' illegal in Thailand? Plus on ITV then Channel 3 the raid was shown with ladies hiding their faces with handbags.

Pathetic,

Comments appreciated........

Central Pattaya employing foreigners and a warrant has been isentertainment complex raided by Bangkok Crime Suppression Police.

The serious aspect to this case relates to allegations of local Police Officers who are allegedly taking money from the complex in return for them ignoring the illegal activities taking place at the venue. The Major General has ordered a detailed investigation and will be checking bank accounts of local Police Officers to find out which officers may be on the payroll at this location. The General promised that any officer caught taking money from Bars or other entertainment venues will be severely disciplined or may even lose their jobs. Papers have been sent to the Governor of Chonburi who may decide to close this venue on a permanent or temporary basis.

Pattaya City News

Friday 5th August 2005

How sad that after this detailed investigation we will now have no remaining police officers within the Pattaya force :o

...Papers have been sent to the Governor of Chonburi who may decide to close this venue on a permanent or temporary basis.

BTW, this is the guy having hundreds of farang passports on his desk for work permit approval (the initial approval, not the extensions), isn't it?

If you go there to ask for it, after waiting for many months, you get asked: "You want it now?". And you can get it now, but only after some colorful printed paper makes a short journey to him under his office table. :D

Without that traveling paper it is not uncommon that after 6 months waiting you get the permit refused, for ridiculous reasons. :o

The same process is done in BKK or Chiang Mai in a very short time, no need for any paper traveling under the table of the ones signing the work permits. :D

Now this is the guy deciding to close this "heaven" or not? I guess he just won the lottery, some busy days under his table are coming, so much printed paper traveling... :D

This morning my favourite girl from 'Heaven' called me explaining that she had been held overnight by police and needed 1000 baht to be released.

To begin with, I know of very (very) few girls in the "trade" that couldn't come up with 1,000 baht. Many of the ones I know carry around more money than I do on a regular basis ! :D

How many others did she also call (maybe it was a slow night and she was trying to make up for lost income) :D

Her crime; she was a victim of the above said raid by police. She is a Thai citizen with an  I.D. card trying to earn a living in a Thai Massage Centre.

I understand if the raid was to expel illegal Burmese or Uzbec ladies, but why imprison Thai's and extort 1000 baht which is about $25?[

If she was caught in an indecent act (or while wandering around half-naked), she would be arrested, charged and fined the same as they do when ever they raid a Go-Go bar.

Since when was massage with 'extras' illegal in Thailand?

Ah hello ? It's called prostitution. :o

Especially if caught in the act. Yes, prostitution is illegal in Thailand, though as we all know, enforcement of the law is not always the highest priority.

Plus on ITV then Channel 3 the raid was shown with ladies hiding their faces with handbags.

Of course they were hiding their faces. They don't want their parents/husbands/falang boyfriends to see them. :D

It's kind of hard to explain to the boyfriend that you were upcountry visiting the sick (buffalo/parent/brother ect), when your face is splattered all over the news !

Odd that the Bkk police did the raid. Wonder how they got involved (a rival business probably gave them the heads up, knowing that the locals wouldn't touch the place and risk losing their monthly supplement)

Kerryd: Fair post, but a just a few more thoughts;

I think you know of different girls than I. Most girls in the 'trade' in my experience don't carry much cash, indeed they have very little 'to hand'. They spend what they earn at lightning speed, plus they owe here and there, and usually they are scraping around for the 20 baht motorcycle taxi-fare to 'work'.

That is not say they don't 'have' money, they just don't hold on to it, and the word 'savings' is laughable (to them).

Yes; I am sure there were a dozen other 'suckers' that she could call by phone to secure her 1000 baht 'fine': that is not my gripe. I am saddened that 'working girls' in bona fide establishments are fined for 'working'.

She was not half naked wandering around, she was in a private room giving a soap massage to a Korean tour bus tourist, when Bangkok police demanded entry, she answered the locked door wearing a large towel. There could be no charge of prostitution if she was not caught in the act, is giving a soap massage illegal in Thailand?

She was hiding her face, to avoid her debtors seeing her place of work.

Working in her establishment is not as lucrative as working in bars or go-go bars. Clients are usually Korean and Chinese male tourists on bus tours who rarely tip.

So it seems to be that a 1000 baht 'fine' (where does it go?) for 'working' in such a place is not justice.

Thank you and goodnight.

The General promised that any officer caught taking money from Bars or other entertainment venues will be severely disciplined or may even lose their jobs

I note that he is still unable to promise categorically that they WILL lose their jobs. I suspect that what he means to say is that officers caught will be "fined" and if not willing to pay the "fine" will lose their jobs.

Sid.

What is a Soap massage? Do you mean some kind of massage where both are naked and a lot of slippin', slidin' an' slurpin' goes on? Commonly known as a 'Full body massage'

If so, am pretty sure that it is against the law if money is expected to change hands.

Kerryd: Fair post, but a just a few more thoughts;

I think you know of different girls than I. Most girls in the 'trade' in my experience don't carry much cash, indeed they have very little 'to hand'. They spend what they earn at lightning speed, plus they owe here and there, and usually they are scraping around for the 20 baht motorcycle taxi-fare to 'work'. 

Well, I must admit that I know a few like that, though they seem to get by fine when I'm not around :o Obviously, when I'm in town, they suddenly are broke all the time (though they never hit me up for too much). When I'm out with Thai friends though, any of the "working girls" in the group are usually doing all right.

A bunch of us went for noodles on 3rd road one night, around 3 am. I had about 7,000 in my pocket. The 2 Thai guys and all 3 of the girls were carrying more ! I felt like a poor man ! :D

And yes, some of them spend it much faster than they make it. Saw a girl get a gold necklace for her birthday. Next day, no necklace. I asked her if she had sold it already. She said she hadn't, she left it in her room so it wouldn't get stolen. I laughed, as she has 3 room-mates, and the door is hardly ever closed. I think she was worried I would tattle on her.

She was not half naked wandering around, she was in a private room giving a soap massage to a Korean tour bus tourist, when Bangkok police demanded entry, she answered the locked door wearing a large towel. There could be no charge of prostitution if she was not caught in the act, is giving a soap massage illegal in Thailand? 

There is a law concerning decency (different than prostitution). Something to do with being immoral and indecent. It seems to come up when ever they raid a go-go and catch the girls doing naughty things with bananas, razor blades, ping pong balls and so on.

Maybe they decided that giving a soap massage while wrapped in a towel (??) is indecent ?

Working in her establishment is not as lucrative as working in bars or go-go bars. Clients are usually Korean and Chinese male tourists on bus tours who rarely tip.

Can't argue with you on that one ! :D

One girl came up to me one night, asked if I knew how much a certain bill was worth (100 Korean won), turns out the guy had given her the equivalent of a 4 baht tip !

Finally, remember that this was a raid by the Bangkok police, not the locals. There's some reason behind them coming down to do the raid, and it appears they were doing things by the book (as in, there wasn't going to be anything in it for them if they looked the other way). So they came down on everyone, not just the non-Thais.

Her crime; she was a victim of the above said raid by police. She is a Thai citizen with an  I.D. card trying to earn a living in a Thai Massage Centre.

I understand if the raid was to expel illegal Burmese or Uzbec ladies, but why imprison Thai's and extort 1000 baht which is about $25?

Since when was massage with 'extras' illegal in Thailand? Plus on ITV then Channel 3 the raid was shown with ladies hiding their faces with handbags.

Pathetic,

Comments appreciated........

Looks as though you are going to have to find another Heaven Syd.

Preferably this time without illegal foreign workers and underage masseuses :o