Info On Visa From Laos

I am thinking of flying Nok Air on 15 Nov since they have a flight at 0600 with an arrival in Udon at 0705.

Then taking Air Asia 18:55 flight on the 16th back to BKK.

My question is; if I arrive in Udon Thani at 0705, will that be enough time to get to Friendship Bridge from Airport, cross over and get Laos visa then be at Thai embassy in time to submit for a double entry Thai Tourist visa on same day or am I pushing it to much.

If I can I would like to apply on the 15th, pick up 16th afternoon then fly from Udon back to BKK that evening.

If need be I will go to Udon on the night of 14th and stay there one night then go to border next am...

Advise please.

Dan

Edited by KHUNDAN

Thanks Lop

Then I will have my people book this.

Heard Air Asia is always changing flights and times, but that's on return so no problem. Hope Nok Air is on time...

May go Thai Air and just stay 1 night in Udon Sunday and then go into Lao on Monday and stay 1 night there.

Dan

hi,

i think you should be able to find someone who will take you from the airport to the border at non khai for approx. 700 baht .

the bus service can take ages and it's messy.

to enter laos you need to get a visa on arival which is 35$ or can pay in baht but costs a bit more sometimes can take half an hour or more filling out forms etc.

also there's a bus that takes you accross the bridge that can take a while.

once in laos get a taxi etc straight to the embassy and say it's for a visa because there's 2 embassys - will take approx 30 - 40 mins from border to the embassy - you'll want to get to the embassy at 11:30 latest - should only cost 200 baht maximum even if your in the taxi alone .

if i were you i'd take a look at the application form here and fill it in incase your late :

http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/vientiane/en/consular/consular_check/

these days they ask for where your staying in laos so find any old hotel to put on the form also don't forget to put 2 or double where it says number of entries. also i think you need to provide 2 photo copies of your passport so get those done b4 if you can - you can get photos and copies done just outside the gates but will cost approx. 200 baht also it all takes time.

you'll need a couple of photographs and maybe one to enter laos also.

time can go pretty quick also if your doing it monday will be more people in the queues etc so don't waste any time and get prepared,

good luck ,

any questions please ask,

chris

hi,

i think you should be able to find someone who will take you from the airport to the border at non khai for approx. 700 baht .

the bus service can take ages and it's messy.

to enter laos you need to get a visa on arival which is 35$ or can pay in baht but costs a bit more sometimes can take half an hour or more filling out forms etc.

also there's a bus that takes you accross the bridge that can take a while.

once in laos get a taxi etc straight to the embassy and say it's for a visa because there's 2 embassys - will take approx 30 - 40 mins from border to the embassy - you'll want to get to the embassy at 11:30 latest - should only cost 200 baht maximum even if your in the taxi alone .

if i were you i'd take a look at the application form here and fill it in incase your late :

http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/vientiane/en/consular/consular_check/

these days they ask for where your staying in laos so find any old hotel to put on the form also don't forget to put 2 or double where it says number of entries. also i think you need to provide 2 photo copies of your passport so get those done b4 if you can - you can get photos and copies done just outside the gates but will cost approx. 200 baht also it all takes time.

you'll need a couple of photographs and maybe one to enter laos also.

time can go pretty quick also if your doing it monday will be more people in the queues etc so don't waste any time and get prepared,

good luck ,

any questions please ask,

chris

Thanks for the detailed info Chris.

Dan

One point on above there is only one Embassy for Thailand in Laos (there can never be more than one); but the visa section is located in the Consulate which is a separate building in Vientiane so you want to go to the Consulate rather than the Embassy.

One point on above there is only one Embassy for Thailand in Laos (there can never be more than one); but the visa section is located in the Consulate which is a separate building in Vientiane so you want to go to the Consulate rather than the Embassy.

Try saying Thai consulate to the drivers of the taxi and they wont understand what you want.

Saying thai embassy they will take you to the consulate. For what would a foreigner who just come from the border go the Thai embassy in Vientiane if there he cant get a visa.

Conclusion sometimes it is better to speak in the way the local can understand you than speaking correct

Sounds like a fun filled day... Its about 50 km from airport to Friendship ... Hope all this info is helpful. I don't need visa runs Best of Luck.. Too bad you can make it a trip to Luang Prabang, river cruse to the ect. When I was part of the working I traveled from the U.S. to Casablanca and returned gettikng a shower in the United room.. Hope you make it!