Suzuki Gsx1200 Or Honda Cb400

Morien

buy that bike which you like to ride more....resale value is not compensating for riding pleasure- and to me this is all about riding bikes. i would also go for the suzuki 1200 :-)

mbox

Had a Suzuki gsx 1200 in the uk for 8 years excellent bike, smooth and good to ride can go anywhere in top gear so much engine :rolleyes:

Both are OK resale value !! what's that !!! The one you like yourself, go with that.:)

cars and bikes are a bit like getting married to a lady you like and after say 3 months you see and want to ride something else you like, chose carefully.:rolleyes:

Edited by Kwasaki

most important here in Thailand is condition and green book. dont give a <deleted> about resale :D

if it has a green book and is in good condition then either.. you don't say your level of experience or what you want the bike for. i would maybe opt for the Suzi if i wanted a mile muncher. and the 400 MAY be easier to handle around town.

There are some cb1300's available here too (I have one, but you can't have mine :D) whiich would be a better comparison for the Suzi and (in my opinion) beat the gsx in all areas (build quality, torque, etc):jap:.

Edit:

Big bikes can get hot in town and BKK traffic might sway you towards the 400 as that would be the coolest of the 3 if that is where most of your riding is done, but I stuck with choosing the 13 as when you are not in a jam then it is heaps more fun.

ST.

Edited by Scottish Thailander

Mine is a lot newer (2006) so can't use it to judge, but the first couple of around that age (yr 2000) that came up on a mocyc[dot]com search it would appear that it would be about Bt 150,000 but not sure if thay are green booked etc or what sort of condition.

Don't recall anything that old in his shop, but if you are willing to up your budget and want a newer one, properly imported, ready to be green booked etc then you could try Lek Soryon (search this forum for "Soryon" for another cb400 thread with link details). His shop had a decent selection of cb400's, cb1300's, and a few other mid to big bikes, from nakeds, to sports, to choppers, and likely still does judging by his current ads.

ST.

About how much do the CB1300s go for, do you know? The Suzuki will cost me 115,000bht, and the CB400 130,000

I *might* be able to stretch to 150,000, but only if it had a greenbook. I think I know that shop, but his bikes don't yet have a green book, and he quoted something like 70,000 and 6 months wait.

The Suzuki ended up being a no go. Too expensive (I must have misheard, or the person told me wrong, because it isn't 115, it is 165). I rode a CB400 last night though, loved it. But no green book on this one so I'll keep looking...

Hi,

I guess i will go for the suzuki if i have to ride out of town often. but if it is for commuting, then i will go for CB 400, just because it is liquid cooled engine.

I used to have a XJR 1300 sp 2002, and let me tell you that it was a great bike, a lot of torque, easy to handle even at low speed, but in Bangkok, it was more a BarbeQ than a bike, terrible !

Bye

Sylvain

I have been out of the habit of riding small bikes for quite a few years, the Suzi would be my choice. 2000 model is not to sophisticated for your average Thai mechanic to work on so the only thing to consider is the extra insurance and some extra baht at the petrol station.

The Suzuki ended up being a no go. Too expensive (I must have misheard, or the person told me wrong, because it isn't 115, it is 165). I rode a CB400 last night though, loved it. But no green book on this one so I'll keep looking...

The CB 400 has a very refined engine. It was the 2nd time i rode a four and before actually riding one, I was very sceptical. Okay, you got to work and keep shifting gears in the mountains. Still, it was a nice experience for me... And WEIGHT matters more than displacement. If you get the chance to ride in some mountains, go for the lighter bike. who wants 250 kg plus rider? Just my very subjective opinion. GL and get a legal one! Chris