Movie Theater Changes In Pattaya

gk10002000

1. I used to like going to movies at Big C. This year, however, they seemed to only be showing movies in Thai, none in English.

2. Royal Garden Mall movie theater is closed

3. Avenue movie theater seems to be limited in choices.

4. Festival movie theater is more expensive than Big C was, and not as convenient.

What I mean by convenient is you have to make your way all the way up the 6th floor and take some diversions around all the shopping that I am NOT there to do. I understand the design, I just hate it. I would not make a good sheep if I come back in the afterlife.

Restore the previous arrangement Big C had before.

GK

>What I mean by convenient is you have to make your way all the way up the 6th floor and take some diversions around all the shopping that I am >NOT there to do.

Take the elevator.

Edited by JSixpack

Sheeze...the stuff people on about here is truly astonishing. As to avoiding having to pass all those shops (my what a chore that is) you can always park on the 6th floor of the parking garage and walk directly into the theatre/bowling area.

Edited by Rimmer
profanity

As JSixpack says, take the elevator.

I too can't understand people who complain about escalators. It's a department store for f. sake - what else do you expect? Surely it's not a big deal to exercise your legs for a few minutes?

When I lived in Bangkok I had a gf who refused to go to the cinema in Emporium for the same reason. She didn't want to 'waste time' taking the escalators.

Yet every time you get your tickets, the chances are you sit around for anything up to an hour waiting for your movie to start. It's just not right. :angry: They should have the show I want to see starting every 2 minutes, then I don't have to hang around.

As JSixpack says, take the elevator.

I too can't understand people who complain about escalators. It's a department store for f. sake - what else do you expect? Surely it's not a big deal to exercise your legs for a few minutes?

When I lived in Bangkok I had a gf who refused to go to the cinema in Emporium for the same reason. She didn't want to 'waste time' taking the escalators.

Yet every time you get your tickets, the chances are you sit around for anything up to an hour waiting for your movie to start. It's just not right. :angry: They should have the show I want to see starting every 2 minutes, then I don't have to hang around.

Yeah, they call it home-theatre. Haven't paid to see a movie in years.

I think it is a great marketing idea for North Big C shopping center to have the movies in Thai; after all, there are other places for farangs to go to. My big complaint is that the Avenue's times are sometimes incorrect on their website. And true, the cinemas here are a lot nicer than back home BUT.... I always have to chuckle to myself how the Thais like to sit next to each other in the big, empty theators, whereas, most Westerners want some space around them. I have learned to go to the movie later, then find my seat so I don't have to have someone right next to my "assigned seat" smacking away on their popcorn or whispering on their cll phone.

Oh boy, a chance to vent!

Wednesday is 60 baht (or is it 80?) for movies in the new central at least.

So a few weeks ago I said, hey why not. Sure that is the minimum price and will get you a back seat but

most films are hardly even half full so just get a cheap ticket, wait a few minutes till after the movie starts,then

sit where you want.

Also they will try to get you to buy a big set of popcorn and even lie or mislead about a cheaper

set not being available :)

But you know what?... despite these hardships, I enjoyed the movie!

A few corrections:

1. They stopped showing English movies there amost 2 years ago when Central Beach opened.

2. Royal Garden cinemas closed more than 2 years ago.

3. The choices at The Avenue are just about the same as at Central Beach. All the new movies are shown there.

If you take the elevator to the 6th floor you'll hardly pass any shops.

I never liked the Central Center (Big - C) cinemas and don't miss them at all.

My first choice is always The Avenue.

Sheeze...the stuff people on about here is truly astonishing. As to avoiding having to pass all those shops (my what a chore that is) you can always park on the 6th floor of the parking garage and walk directly into the theatre/bowling area.

Why assume the OP drives? News flash- many expats don't have a car/ bike.

A few corrections:

1. They stopped showing English movies there amost 2 years ago when Central Beach opened.

2. Royal Garden cinemas closed more than 2 years ago.

3. The choices at The Avenue are just about the same as at Central Beach. All the new movies are shown there.

If you take the elevator to the 6th floor you'll hardly pass any shops.

I never liked the Central Center (Big - C) cinemas and don't miss them at all.

My first choice is always The Avenue.

Yeah, Avenue is great for going to the movies- it's often like having your own private cinema, so few people go there.

I always take the lift in the Central store which goes to the 5th floor, and then it's just a minute to reach the escalator and up to the 6th floor ( when I'm in a hurry- otherwise it's the slow way to check out all the very pleasant totty ).

Why assume the OP drives? News flash- many expats don't have a car/ bike.

Well then like you yourself and others have posted, Thailand also has these newfangled things called escalators and lifts for your convenience...that's if you and the op are at least willing to extend yourself somewhat and open the door and walk in...that is if you can bear passing a few sales counters and possible a shop or two:o

Edited by FarangBuddha

Well then like you yourself and others have posted, Thailand also has these newfangled things called escalators and lifts for your convenience...that's if you and the op are at least willing to extend yourself somewhat and open the door and walk in...that is if you can bear passing a few sales counters and possible a shop or two:o

...and of course if you're with a lady they will appreciate the window shopping on the way up the the 6th floor if you take the escalators.

The thing I like about Central is, sometimes the building shakes while you're in it. Adds a little something to the movie if it's an action flick and it's timed just right.

:ph34r:

Every time it shakes, new cracks appear in the car park walls :D

You have been warned..... :crazy: