Fishing Pond For Beginners Close To Bangkok?

Gippy

I want to surprise the wife with a day out fishing and would like to ask for recommendations for a pond around Bangkok.

What I am looking for:

Some help from the staff or a guide would be nice as we are novices, Thai speakers only is fine

Rod hire

Cheap! And no double pricing

Catch and eat. Maybe after a few months we can move onto giant catfish but to start with the wife will be wanting to eat whatever we catch so we only need small fish.

We have a lot of fun fishing with bamboo poles in a local river close to the village when we go for a visit and I want to make this a regular trip while we are in Bangkok.

Thanks in advance.

If you want to catch fish and keep, I would recommend a fishing park, near future park along the 1. It is only 100 baht to fish all day. You get to keep 2 kilos and 50 baht for a kilo after that. You catch lots of plah sawai. The key there is you have to cast to the other side near the bank. If you email me and can get there, I have rods you can borrow and help you on how to fish. I fish a couple of times a week, so it wouldn't be going out of my way. I will come back from the US at the end of the month, so if you are interested in meeting, email me at << Use PM >>

post-117774-0-94524500-1289711433_thumb.

Edited by thaiphoon
E-mail address removed per forum rules

If you want to catch fish and keep, I would recommend a fishing park, near future park along the 1. It is only 100 baht to fish all day. You get to keep 2 kilos and 50 baht for a kilo after that. You catch lots of plah sawai. The key there is you have to cast to the other side near the bank. If you email me and can get there, I have rods you can borrow and help you on how to fish. I fish a couple of times a week, so it wouldn't be going out of my way. I will come back from the US at the end of the month, so if you are interested in meeting, email me at << Use PM >>

Hi i'm living at ramintra maybe we could catch up and fish together as well....

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I fish every week on the weekend. I try to go to a different fishing park every week, so I am learning more lakes. The fishing parks around Future park area are smaller, but cheap. 50-100 baht. They have plenty of fish and easy to catch. The best place to go for a beginner is Cha am. It is only a 100 baht per day, have rod rentals, and you catch fish every five minutes. I will probably go this weekend, so email me if you want to meet up. I drive so I might be able to swing by and pick you up somewhere alon the way.