Nice Family Place

corkman

Hi All,

Thinking of coming to samui in 3-4wks time. Been coming to Samui for 10yrs or so now..... but the place is growing so fast.....

Anyway, looking for a nice place for Mrs., Me & 4yr old..... doesn't need to be isolated, or in the middle of chaweng.... open to nay good suggestion. Choeng Mon is nice, but we styed at the boat-house a few months back and wasn't that impressed with the place.

Recommendations would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Smile House in Fisherman's Village. Decent pool quiet and plenty of restaurants etc. A lot cheaper than the Boathouse as well.....!

There's your answer, without a doubt..

Thanks for the recommendation guys.

Is the on-site restaurant ok as well? I presume so, most places in fishermans village are nice.

Is there direct access to the beach, or do you have to cross the road?

Cheers.

Edited by corkman

Smile House in Fisherman's Village. Decent pool quiet and plenty of restaurants etc. A lot cheaper than the Boathouse as well.....!

Strange reply. Why not mention the compulsory Gala Dinner charge and then refer him to read the post "Where to Stay" below by someone who had experienced their "Gala Dinner" ?

Edited by crusty

Strange reply. Why not mention the compulsory Gala Dinner charge and then refer him to read the post "Where to Stay" below by someone who had experienced their "Gala Dinner" ?

Good hotel....Rip off Christmas Gala dinner. As he's arriving in 3-4 weeks doesn't apply. ;)

Is the on-site restaurant ok as well? I presume so, most places in fishermans village are nice.

Cheers.

Typical buffet style breakfast although you can choose not to have this if you speak to the staff. For lunch or evening meal its decent. Nothing special though plenty to choose from in FV as I'm sure you know already.

Beach is across the road. If you want direct beach access you could try the Lodge.

http://www.smilehouse-samuinet.com/

http://www.lodgesamui.com/

Cheers.

Typical buffet style breakfast although you can choose not to have this if you speak to the staff. For lunch or evening meal its decent. Nothing special though plenty to choose from in FV as I'm sure you know already.

Beach is across the road. If you want direct beach access you could try the Lodge.

http://www.smilehouse-samuinet.com/

http://www.lodgesamui.com/

They now also have Bravo Pizza, wood oven cooked on site, what else do you need? :)Rroad is all but 6 metres wide , very pedestrian friendly. Supposed to be one way.

They now also have Bravo Pizza, wood oven cooked on site, what else do you need? :)Rroad is all but 6 metres wide , very pedestrian friendly. Supposed to be one way.

Yep forgot the pizzas are good as well. Bear in mind the road is both ways for bikes though. ;)

Why would anyone bother about worrying about their poxy Gala Dinner when they're staying in the Fisherman's Village ???

Sod the Gala Dinner & their Restaraunt, the Hotel is spot on & the location is better..

....middle of Chaweng..........North Chaweng would be fine, like Kandaburi, same category like the Boat House, huge rooms, nice resort, inside the reef lagoon, so more than quite ok with a toddler, but not sure about the water and beach quality in December, which could be similar to other places except the South and West, but that's far away to everything not quiet.

BTW a compulsory Gala Dinner has to be paid compulsory, irrelevant if you take part or not.

But not sure if the Smile House is asking for that?

Thanks everyone.

Gala Dinner - N/A - I'll be gone by the 12th of Dec.

Chaweng - not against it, per say, just looking for alternatives. Usually stay at Baan Chaweng, more or less oposite Soi Green-bloody-mango ..... which is great for access to the nightlife, and great for restraunts and all that..... but the beach is a bit full on with mid 20 somethings' and boom boom boom for Ark bar et al. Just for the record, if anyone else is reading, Baan Chaweng is a great place - highly recommend it, especially first timers ot Samui...... but for me, I'm just looking for seomthing different.

....middle of Chaweng..........North Chaweng would be fine, like Kandaburi, same category like the Boat House, huge rooms, nice resort, inside the reef lagoon, so more than quite ok with a toddler, but not sure about the water and beach quality in December, which could be similar to other places except the South and West, but that's far away to everything not quiet.

BTW a compulsory Gala Dinner has to be paid compulsory, irrelevant if you take part or not.

But not sure if the Smile House is asking for that?

Compulsory Gala Dinner

o Christmas Eve Dinner (24.12.2007): 2.000.- THB/ Adult, 1.000.- Child/ Age 6-12

o New year Eve Dinner (31.12.2007): 2.000.- THB/ Adult, 1.000.- Child/ Age 6-12

Free compulsory Dinners for Child under 6 years

forget the boathouse rip off and go for the white house on the beach at choeng mon

I was at the Boathouse a few months ago - location is good, the breafast wasfine, staff ok, but the rooms were pretty poor ..... not well maintained, when you ran the shower the water ran out onto the floor soaking it, the air con was crap, and the place was just oldand crusty...... rip off indeed...... very disappointed coz I had heard good things about the place.

A couple of hundred meters up the road, on thde same side as Boathouse, there was what looked like a new resort in the advanced stages being built..... it looked like it might be nice ...... does anyone know if that place is finished yet, and if so what is it called? Looking at a map, it looks like its next door to Whitehouse.

Whitehouse - they've got a good promotion on ...... I take it this place is nice, since you've recommended it? Is there construction work going on next door to it? Noisy?

Yep forgot the pizzas are good as well. Bear in mind the road is both ways for bikes though. ;)

pizza's are crap.I f you really want a good pizza that actually gives plenty of topping then try catcando in banrak,also does home delivery.I tried bravo,in fact bought two of them i could count the number of toppings on both hands.....................have they heard of cheese?not from what i could see.

pizza's are crap.I f you really want a good pizza that actually gives plenty of topping then try catcando in banrak,also does home delivery.I tried bravo,in fact bought two of them i could count the number of toppings on both hands.....................have they heard of cheese?not from what i could see.

Not such a fan of the Catcandoo pizzas these days. Pricy but better in my view are Juzza's pizzas in FV. True about Bravo yeah stingy with the toppings.

Not such a fan of the Catcandoo pizzas these days. Pricy but better in my view are Juzza's pizzas in FV. True about Bravo yeah stingy with the toppings.

wher are juzza's in FV?i will try!

Turn right at the pier....before Baan Bophut on the beach side. Try the sausage and blue cheese. :licklips:

cheers,your smilie says it must be good.back to original question,what about the waterfront at Fv,anyone stay there?

Not stayed at the Waterfront but the Baan Bophut is a decent boutique style hotel....at the quieter end of the beach with a pool as well as being beachside. Bit pricier than the Smile House though.

Trade Winds at quieter part of Chaweng beach is good value for best beachfront. The beach at FV is not as nice especially for children as it drops in rapidly. Chong Mon would be better if you don't mind a bit of an isolation. For "something different" try Baan Luxor villas in a quiet yet convenient location between Chaweng and Bangrak beaches. No a beachfront but a homely holiday experience in luxury villa for the price of a resort room: www.baanluxor.com

Trade Winds at quieter part of Chaweng beach is good value for best beachfront. The beach at FV is not as nice especially for children as it drops in rapidly. Chong Mon would be better if you don't mind a bit of an isolation. For "something different" try Baan Luxor villas in a quiet yet convenient location between Chaweng and Bangrak beaches. No a beachfront but a homely holiday experience in luxury villa for the price of a resort room: www.baanluxor.com

Halfway up the ghost road or where??

forget the boathouse rip off and go for the white house on the beach at choeng mon

I was at the Boathouse a few months ago - location is good, the breafast wasfine, staff ok, but the rooms were pretty poor ..... not well maintained, when you ran the shower the water ran out onto the floor soaking it, the air con was crap, and the place was just oldand crusty...... rip off indeed...... very disappointed coz I had heard good things about the place.

A couple of hundred meters up the road, on thde same side as Boathouse, there was what looked like a new resort in the advanced stages being built..... it looked like it might be nice ...... does anyone know if that place is finished yet, and if so what is it called? Looking at a map, it looks like its next door to Whitehouse.

Whitehouse - they've got a good promotion on ...... I take it this place is nice, since you've recommended it? Is there construction work going on next door to it? Noisy?

wowo the boat house. that brings back memeoirs. first place i stayed in on a package tour over 8 years ago. forget it if it has not been maintaned then it ain't worth nothing with all the new hotels about. even the amari is out of date an i herd that santiburi is not great value for money.

haven't check the Ibis out yet or 4 seasons in bang po.

bit of adivse. book with www.agoda.co.uk

can get up to half price off at times