November 13, 201015 yr Hi, When I watch some videos on Youtube, sometimes there are people who leave comments in thai and I want to be able to read what they are talking about. Problem is, the size of the thai words is too small. What other measures can I do? Besides temporary measures like pressing the + key to zoom in, or using the ctrl key with the mouse scrollwheel. Is there a permanent fix to this issue? Thanks in advance for your help.
November 13, 201015 yr Is there a permanent fix to this issue? It depends on the browser you are using. Where a permanent adjustment is possible, it will apply to all text on the screen, not just to Thai text.
November 14, 201015 yr Author Is there a permanent fix to this issue? It depends on the browser you are using. Where a permanent adjustment is possible, it will apply to all text on the screen, not just to Thai text. I've tried using Opera browser but for thai words, they are really too small to read in youtube. When using Google Chrome browser, the thai words are easier to read as they are bigger in size, almost the same size as the words in english. So I suppose that it's a browser issue?
November 14, 201015 yr I wouldn't call it a "permanent" fix, but I use the add-on for firefox and it works pretty well. For any page that has Thai text, right click the mouse and one of the options is "increase Thai text size". It usually makes it quite readable. You can increase it multiple times if necessary. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/13106/
November 18, 201015 yr Maybe you should try adjusting your screen resolution to make the characters fit your screen better. With Windows XP go to Control Panel > Display. Select the Settings tag and slide the Screen Resolution slider a touch. This can make hard-to-read characters clearer (or not). You can easily experiment to get the best look for you.
November 20, 201015 yr In Firefox you can set the minimum font size for Thai by typing about:config in the address bar, then modifying the value of font.minimum-size.th. I presume other browsers have a similar mechanism.
Create an account or sign in to comment