Good Restaurant For Thanksgiving Food?

BlueEasySleep

I used to go to Don's every year for Thanksgiving, but he closed earlier this year. The only other place I know that may have a Thanksgiving dinner is the Hilton in Karon. A bit pricey though... I haven't even seen frozen turkey breasts lately. I see whole turkey, but it won't fit in my oven and it's way too much food and money. I may end up with a roasted chicken breast and mashed potatoes!

We'll have turkey sandwiches, if we can get the turkey. Good home-made cranberry sauce. Don't expect to have mashed potatoes, but we always have apple crumble pie on the menu, all year-round. And cornbread that's better than your grandma's. (Or at least better than MY grandma's.)

I walked by Joy's Restaurant an hour ago. They are American owned and have had Thanksgiving Dinner Buffet for years. This year the price is 750 Baht and includes most things you would expect but there is also some Thai food on the buffet for your Thai friends. I have always been pleased with their spread. They are in Patong in the Aroonsom Plaza (the group of shophouses at the corner of Rajuthit Road and Soi Club Andaman)just opposite the entrance to Club Andaman. The sign said reservations suggested but I have never done so in the past, although it was pretty crowded last year.

I received an invitation - which is open to all - from Rick n Rolls:

"100/51 Kata Road, Karon Phuket 83100 Just between The Beach Center & Club Med on the New Kata Road by the Monday & Thursday Street Market.Bring your appetite we have 299 Baht Regular and 499 Baht Large portioned meals including a glass of Sangria Wine and all the live music your heart desires. Enjoy the best American Celebration with The Pow Wow Band."

Edited by Chantal