Movie Shooting Crew At Four Seasons

Zolt

For the last few week's there's been about two dozen vans parked around the Four season hotel. They have labels for "Living Films" that read: Director, US. Cast, Props, Makeup team etc...

Anyone know if this is related to "The Hangover 2" which is reported to shoot in Bangkok? Living films is a small local production company but they might have been contracted for the job...

Certainly is. - Living Films is a well established Production company in Thailand. There are a number of features shooting in Thailand at present. H2 (Hangover 2) - from Living Films, Scorpion King 2 - from Grand Elephant, Flight 777 (unknown production service company) and a Russian film 'Shadow Boxing III - Final Round' - from Location Thailand Limited.

There are some others hovering early next year as well. Thailand is certainly doing its bit to bring millions of USD into Thailand and create a fabulous presence internationally but I understand the Thailand Film Office is a major barrier to many. More a hindrance than a help and very nepotistic. This is Thailand.

Huh, I never thought this movie would have been allowed to shoot in Thailand. Just what Thailand needs, 90 minutes of whore and ladyboy jokes and all them riding around in tuk tuks

My fear as well when I first heard about the location. Clearly the Thai Film Office didn't watch "Hangover", which I thought was incredibly funny. I have a strange feeling this movie will be banned in Thailand, but I hope I'm wrong.

Huh, I never thought this movie would have been allowed to shoot in Thailand. Just what Thailand needs, 90 minutes of whore and ladyboy jokes and all them riding around in tuk tuks

Post a synopsis here so we can see what it is all about. Cheers

I understand the script and the plot are closely guarded secrets, but I am guessing the usual Thailand/Bangkok cliches will be in abundance.

Hangover 1 WAS funny though.

Big production team with 30 plus vans camped out in Sukhumvit/soi 6 junction derelict land last week. Soi 11/1ish was shut off for crowd scenes at night (lots of cheering and throwing paper into the air). We chanced across it too late to be unpaid extras. What was that film?

Big production team with 30 plus vans camped out in Sukhumvit/soi 6 junction derelict land last week. Soi 11/1ish was shut off for crowd scenes at night (lots of cheering and throwing paper into the air). We chanced across it too late to be unpaid extras. What was that film?

Not sure, but there is a shoot today on Sukhumvit Soi 4, near Nana Tai Mansion. They use this building often for interiors; last year Bill Hurt and Cary Elwes were there shooting "Shadows". So this could be the same one? I'll try to find out. Also a lot of Bollywood films being shot here, a few weeks ago they were filming on the roof of OMNI (Soi 4 also) and using a helicopter for aerial camera shots.

Edited by lomatopo

My fear as well when I first heard about the location. Clearly the Thai Film Office didn't watch "Hangover", which I thought was incredibly funny. I have a strange feeling this movie will be banned in Thailand, but I hope I'm wrong.

Yeah, hope I'm wrong too, but I doubt it. The online pic I saw for the movie was a glowing neon Hangover 2 sign that looked like you'd see outside a gogo bar, so it seems clear the angle they're going for. Would be amusing if it was banned here though. This was probably a really bad idea, they're likely to get a lot of negative media they don't want, I expect to see a bunch of articles about Nana Plaza sex slaves after it's out.