Visa Run To Malaysia By Car!

Well... Tomorrow we take 5 am boat to Donsak with our new car and still have no idea which way to go for visa run. Can anybody tell us the name of the place where we can cross Malaisian border? Also we plan to drive to Koh Phi Phi after so it would be great if somebody can tell the most convinient and the fastest ways possible for this unusual trip?

Had Yai and from there to the border. And there by motorcycle taxi to the border thingy.

Koh Pee Pee: Krabi and from there by ferry, if the weather is fine.

The only thing which is unusual to combine this two very usual things.

Had Yai and from there to the border. And there by motorcycle taxi to the border thingy.

Koh Pee Pee: Krabi and from there by ferry, if the weather is fine.

The only thing which is unusual to combine this two very usual things.

Thanks a lot for your help. This is a very unusual trip for us because we leave Koh Phangan only for needed visa runs. And now we want to test the car first of all... Also have two guests with us so we will be 4 people in Smart Cab + child so i would really appreciate to have it all done faster with driving.

Thank you very much. Hope you r doing good

I just did the visa run yesterday to Khundon in Satun Province. Good Street and easy small and very nice border.

And i just made a map about the way to the border from Donsak today for my web site, so you may can use it ;-)

post-56008-0-78420700-1290348656_thumb.j

thanks for the map .How long was the drive from don sak to the borber ??

I just did the visa run yesterday to Khundon in Satun Province. Good Street and easy small and very nice border.

And i just made a map about the way to the border from Donsak today for my web site, so you may can use it ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

no one is going to sadao for border run, the border is overcrowded and too slow/long, go there only if you want to do real duty free shopping.

otherwise go to khuandon, it's the fastest border.

i went every 3 months for almost 8 years and never found it at all slow, where is it slow, drive up stamp out drive or walk to malaysia in and out in 10-15 minutes then 1 night in fun town Donak then back home. is by far and away the best border town i have ever visited in the world.

the one near Satun is even quicker.

seems strange asking just day before travel,no wonder people have problems. planning maps etc.

Hello guys!

I am planning a visa run to Malasya by car in a week. First time driving myself out of the island. Few questions for you.

-- what is the cost of the ferry from Samui to Donsak for a one car? Do passengers (there going to be 2 people in a car) are charged separately?

-- is there always a place for a car on the ferry, or it is better to book a place?

-- how early should I arrive before ferry sails away? BTW, is there a timetable for a ferry somewhere in web (googled, but could not try fresh and official schedule)

-- if you know good hotel/guesthouse in a border town (Donak), please tell me

Thank you all and wish me luck :)