Champagne A Go-Go Bar In Soi Diana Inn Raided In Sting Op.

Rimmer

Champagne A Go-Go Bar In Soi Diana Inn Raided In Sting Op.

PATTAYA: -- An after-midnight sting op. caught a number of sex workers engaged in sexual acts or soliciting in Champagne A go-go bar. Quite why one out of the multitude of bars in Pattaya providing sexual services was singled out has not been revealed.

Pattaya, 19 November, 2010, [PDN]: Champagne A Go-Go bar in Pattaya’s Soi Diana Inn was the subject of a sting operation, organised with the co-operation of a staff member. Several sex workers at the bar were caught in flagrante dilecto in a four-person swing session.

Full story HERE

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

"Quite why one out of the multitude of bars in Pattaya providing sexual services was singled out has not been revealed"

Possibly this is a message to all barowners that paying off the boys at soi 9 is not going to protect them.

Edited by Basil B

Putting 2 and 2 together. Same police anti trafficking unit busts a bar in Ban Chang on the 16th and Champagne on the 19th. Same scenario same modus operandi. I wonder if the same Aussie charity was involved in both events. I know they mentioned that they were not anti prostitution but this seems too much of a coincidence.

I was in a go go bar a couple of years ago, not Champagne. I went to the rest room to take a pee. The owner of the bar was doing the same thing and he was talking on his cell phone to his lawyer. He was very angry. He complained that he was already paying two police forces now a third was hitting him up for money. He mentioned the amount and it was substantial.

The cops that raided the Thai owned bar in Ban Chang were from Bangkok and the same unit raided the bar in Pattaya. It was my understanding that the Aussie charity funded the Thai officers trip to Ban Chang.

It seemed odd to me that the Bangkok BIB would only raid one Falang owned bar in Pattaya. Heck of a waste of manpower unless they were on a mission against one bar owner.

There is an establishment only a few meters away that they frequently close. I wondered why they hit only one place. Seems odd.

Tokay was also thinking it was 'odd' that the cops n' Aussies only raided the one bar in Ban Chang when there are allegedly several others in the immediate vicinity guilty of the same offences.

Been here long enough to realise that these stings are usually one-off instances on single establishments. About 6 weeks ago, two separate bars got raided on Soi 6 on separate days.

Nothing odd about it at all. This isn't about a 'clean up' campaign after all. Never has been, never will be. Earlier in the month, the Bangkok cops come down and put the squeeze on the local cops so after they go, the local cops have to re-establish revenue streams.

I find it incredulous that there is a "go - go" bar operating in Pattaya.

I thought the TAT had made Pattaya totally family friendly & Upmarket now.

Must have been a hangover from '68 the first time I was here

Putting 2 and 2 together. Same police anti trafficking unit busts a bar in Ban Chang on the 16th and Champagne on the 19th. Same scenario same modus operandi. I wonder if the same Aussie charity was involved in both events. I know they mentioned that they were not anti prostitution but this seems too much of a coincidence.

What happened to the owner of the Bar in Bang Chang where they found the under age girls? Was he a thai or foreigner?

What happened to the owner of the Bar in Bang Chang where they found the under age girls? Was he a thai or foreigner?

Thai man and Thai wife.

In the earlier raid on Carousel they netted at least 6 illegals (age, non-Thais, yabba), yet the bar re-opened the next night. Unfortunately 3 of the non-Thais are still locked up (3 weeks now) as they don't have the money to expedite their deportation. Sad. There appears to have been little penalty for the employers, except, presumably, a large fine.

Edited by brewsterbudgen

Thai man and Thai wife.

I just found this from the original news report, I am talking about the bar in Bang Chang,

"The bar in question, the Jigsaw Bar, was Western run"

So why are you saying Thai man & wife???

Thai man and Thai wife.

I just found this from the original news report, I am talking about the bar in Bang Chang,

"The bar in question, the Jigsaw Bar, was Western run"

So why are you saying Thai man & wife???

I saw that too. So I went and checked. The story was in error. Easy to check. You can verify that the bar is Thai owned in about five minutes. I have eaten at the two restaurants that are on either side of the bar for three years. I had never seen a Falang owner anywhere near the Jigsaw (everybody sits outside and eats all day long).

I asked the two restaurant owners, they said it was Thai owned. I asked three bar owners within 10 meters of the Jigsaw. They all verified that it is Thai owned. I asked the momma san at the bar next door. She said it was Thai owned. I asked the employees in the Jigsaw and they said it was Thai owned. Makes you kind of wonder. But without a doubt the bar is Thai owned and operated.

Is that the bar next door to the camel?

Is the bar still open or closed?

No, it is a couple of doors down from the camel. I don't live in Pattaya but I think Champagne re opened the next day as did the bar in Ban Chang. I think we should remember whether the raids are conducted by the BIB alone or quasi legal Falang help groups the intent is to collect money for the BIB. If the bars close the revenue source is cut off.

No, it is a couple of doors down from the camel. I don't live in Pattaya but I think Champagne re opened the next day as did the bar in Ban Chang. I think we should remember whether the raids are conducted by the BIB alone or quasi legal Falang help groups the intent is to collect money for the BIB. If the bars close the revenue source is cut off.

Thanks for that. Im out of the country and havent been there for about 2 years. Is the Camel still good for food.

Edited by Jessi

Thanks for that. Im out of the country and havent been there for about 2 years. Is the Camel still good for food.

Pricey but good. If you take into consideration the devaluation of most western currencies and Camel's price increases quite a bit more expensive than two or three years ago.