I Want To Build A House In Chantaburi.

Hello Everybody

I want to build a house in chantaburi, my wife and me have bought 34 rais of land, so we need a house now.

Can anybody in here please help me to recommend a good construction company, that can build in that area.

I have tried google, but didn't find anything.

Have a great weekend

Stefan ~hopefully soon to be house owner in chantaburi :jap:

Do you already have a house plan?

I am working on a (weekend) house in the Roi-Et province and will have an architect and his building from Bangkok (will make a post when more details are available). Even other people in the village use Bangkok builders because no good one are available in the province.

It seems that some members here are building with local craftsmen. But I think that you should have some knowledge in house construction (which I don't have...).

I am working on a (weekend) house in the Roi-Et province and will have an architect and his building from Bangkok (will make a post when more details are available). Even other people in the village use Bangkok builders because no good one are available in the province.

It seems that some members here are building with local craftsmen. But I think that you should have some knowledge in house construction (which I don't have...).

I was thinking the same thing.

I rather spend some more money with a company, with a good reputation, instead of a local unknown company.

Have heard some horror stories from friends, just hiring the local carpentar.

You know any good companies from Bangkok, who will build for us in Chantaburi?

I was thinking the same thing.

I rather spend some more money with a company, with a good reputation, instead of a local unknown company.

Have heard some horror stories from friends, just hiring the local carpentar.

็Hi

Just "PM" me and I will point you in the right direction, okay ?

Cheers,

JaapFries

I will built my weekend house with Site-Specific (http://asitespecific....wordpress.com/) from Bangkok.

They have a very interesting prefab system which will be prefabricated in Bangkok and the transported to your site. I could see some of the modules for the Phuket offices and the playroom addition which is mentioned in their website. The quality looks impressive. The modules are well insulated, too.

A fully finished modules cost THB 15'000+ a square meter, depending want you want. The architectural and planning costs are quite high, but they will organize, control and survey the whole building process.

I cannot say a lot for the moment because we just started with the design process. But I plan to document our house here in this forum.

Edited by juehoe

...A fully finished modules cost THB 15'000+ a square meter, depending want you want. The architectural and planning costs are quite high, but they will organize, control and survey the whole building process.

I cannot say a lot for the moment because we just started with the design process. But I plan to document our house here in this forum.

Thanks for sharing your process with the forum. That works out to THB 2.25M for a 150 sq. meter house, without land. A bit pricey. Does that cost include the architectural (design & construction phase) services you mention above? If not, how much extra are they charging for these services? The whole re-using shipping containers for prefab houses is the rage these days in architecture schools. If you're looking at using containers, just be sure you actually walk inside one, finished, to really get a feel for how compact the space is inside, as its quite limited.

-bruce

bdb/a

San Francisco | Bangkok

[...] That works out to THB 2.25M for a 150 sq. meter house, without land. A bit pricey. Does that cost include the architectural (design & construction phase) services you mention above? If not, how much extra are they charging for these services? The whole re-using shipping containers for prefab houses is the rage these days in architecture schools. If you're looking at using containers, just be sure you actually walk inside one, finished, to really get a feel for how compact the space is inside, as its quite limited.

The mention square meter is for a fully equipped house without furniture. What I know from the Internet is, that the construction of the structure in Thailand costs between THB 6'000 and 8'000 per square meter. An aunt of my wife plans to build a 140 sqm house for THB 1'000'000 (7'200 THB/sqm). It is always a balance between costs and quality.

I don't want to live in a house which is built with the common rural Thai quality. I have chosen this architects because of the design and building quality. I don't plan to use container (perhaps as sturdy storage rooms). The perfab system uses modules of the dimensions of a 20 feet container, but you can connect them without internal walls.

The service cost of "my" architect were not easy to figure because I have quite a "special" and complicated project. The best way is to send him a note with your wishes.