Changing Spec On A 4x4

I read a topic last week discussing the changes and requirements for a 4x4 exported to the uk, lone behold i get asked about it yesterday.

can someone point me in the right direction of the post from last week as i can't seem to find it.

there are a couple of members who do this i think? if they want to pm me i can pass some business on to them.

Many thanks

Yorkshire.

Have a look at:

www.expatmotors.co.th

they can sort you out with a uk spec 4x4 for export

If you r interested in 4x4 in thailand give me a shout.............looking for some off road places to go.............:o

Andy

I'm interested in finding some suitable places for some gentle off-roading in Thailand...what do you know?

read recently that mitsubishis UK importer took an independant importer to court over there to prevent him from selling mitsubishi pick ups from the far east , the official importer reckoned that they were losing 4000 sales annually to grey import companies

they won their case using a precedent set in a trademark infringement case brought against tesco by levi jeans.

subaru and toyota are paying close attention and may bring court actions themselves.

i have just returned from a visit to blighty and was surprised by the number of pick ups on the roads there.

they are not cheap there , but they seem better equipped than the ones here , and i believe that the ones officially imported are made to a better standard , e.g. using different gearboxes (mitsubishi),undersealed etc. than ones for the thai market.

best get your import organised now before the courts put a stop to the better priced grey imports.

I've heard similar stories, apparently the Mitsu Importer was using the Mitsu logo in his advertising over there, that's what got him into trouble, obviously doesn't matter over here.

Not sure how long this gray market importing thing will go on for, but it's a nice little earner!!