Stickman On Friday's Thailand Today...

Felix Lynn

... a man from leaving his wife and marrying a bargirl and how it all led to the popular "reader submission" feature on his website ...

Stickman also muses on the state of Thailand's sex industry, claiming more Thai girls are giving it up than ever before and more farang's are coming to get it.

On the next Thailand ... each weekday at five pm, midnight and five am ... Bangkok time.

... a man from leaving his wife and marrying a bargirl and how it all led to the popular "reader submission" feature on his website ...

Stickman also muses on the state of Thailand's sex industry, claiming more Thai girls are giving it up than ever before and more farang's are coming to get it.

On the next Thailand ... each weekday at five pm, midnight and five am ... Bangkok time.

Testosterone rules....Well done Stickman.....don't know anything about this story.....but, can easily imagine a man's better sense and judgement getting the better of him, because of the charms and disposition of some bar girl!....and alcohol....and the rush of a younger woman rejuvinating an older man's image of himself.

Easily done....but a lot at stake, particularly if this man's wife was a devoted and loyal and loving and a trustful partner.....and what's more....a mother to his loving children!

Get real guys.....!

On the next Thailand Today,

Stickman reveals how he stopped a man from marrying a bargirl and saved a marriage …

Why getting a driver’s license in Thailand is no longer a joke.

A murder investigation update as the mother of the victim visits the crime scene in Chiang Mai five years after her daughter was raped and murdered.

All that and the latest on the runway crack story that won’t runaway…on the next Thailand Today…each weekday at five pm, midnight and five am

Stickman could be right about many girls leaving, but more likely, less farangs coming

More sex tourists are thinking that Thailand is not cheap any more, so many are going to Cambodia, Pnom Penh, where the girls are very cheap and no "bar fines" to pay either.

Good for Thailand, bad for Cambodia, unless you are a bar owner in Patpong etc

Stickman could be right about many girls leaving, but more likely, less farangs coming

More sex tourists are thinking that Thailand is not cheap any more, so many are going to Cambodia, Pnom Penh, where the girls are very cheap and no "bar fines" to pay either.

Good for Thailand, bad for Cambodia, unless you are a bar owner in Patpong etc

Cambodia is still a naughty place to traval at times! Dont know if some oddball sex tourists would be up for it anyways. Maybe it will do them some good if they get the shock of being robbed by the police or held up at 2am in the street, then people may realise that Thailand is quite ahead in the economy ratings for a SE Asian country and stop complaining alot!

Anyways back to the point Good ol Radio Bangkok, keep the tunes coming! :D

:o

Nice to see some fresh new topics being discussed here

In response to the OP: Whay are you promoting this guy? His sophomore musings on life in Bangkok and the bar girl scene (of course he's against it, but seems to take up a lot of his time).

Methinks mutual gain of some kind (for you and him). But don't worry, I won't criticise again...not worth the effort and bandwidth.

Stickman is a very clever man.

He, himself, one man show, maintains the web site that millions of the readers visit.

Nice to see some fresh new topics being discussed here

pat, you can freshin it up then with your MK story...leave your comments on our voicemail and i'll get them on the air...02-207-2677...thanks!

In response to the OP:  Whay are you promoting this guy? His sophomore musings on life in Bangkok and the bar girl scene (of course he's against it, but seems to take up a lot of his time).

Methinks mutual gain of some kind (for you and him). But don't worry, I won't  criticise again...not worth the effort and bandwidth.

criticism is fine! how bout voicing it on radio bangkok ... 02-207-2677. I think Stickman is very relevant. While he does provide researched information on the bar scene he also muses on lots of interest to the expat and traveler. But we would like contrary opinion at Thailand Today. Voice it. We'll air it! FL

Just in case anyone is wondering how the interview came about... I was contacted by Felix when he was in Bangkok for the Thai Visa party and asked to be interviewed. I have interviewed a number of people myself and am always grateful when the people I approach provide their time. So whenever someone asks me if I am available for an interview, I will almost always say yes.

There was no agenda on either side. Felix was friendly, interesting and professional. We did not talk about any sort of mutual benefits for either site.

Stick

Edited by stickman

I'm pretty sure when Stick says more Thai girls are "giving it up" than ever before he means they're having sex (as in "some girls give it up on the first date") not that they're leaving the industry. Maybe it's an American English idiom?

The reason for the stickman interview should be obvious, even to the seasoned expat. Thailand Today and Radio Bangkok attempt to give news, facts and entertaining banter about Thailand. Who better to get in the mix than Stickman, a noted authority on many aspects of Thailand...nothing sinister, just good old fashion Q & A.

You too can have your say. Anyone who wants to throw in there comments about the Stickman interview can call our listener comment line. Comment on anything you'd like. 02-207-2677. thanks!

FL

I'm pretty sure when Stick says more Thai girls are "giving it up" than ever before he means they're having sex (as in "some girls give it up on the first date") not that they're leaving the industry. Maybe it's an American English idiom?

I guess "giving it up" is idiomatic. And yes it means giving sex. It was written as such to peek listener interest.

Could anyone explain to me how one man could be in possession of sufficient information upon which he could form such an opinion?

This is just another of those cheap sensationalist pseudo-journalists yet again turning a trick on the hackneyed subject of bar girls.

A subject, if any one of us lesser members, just happens to mention, in passing, our thread would be closed and deleted immediately.

IMHO - hypocritical double standards.

Is the interview downloadable from somewhere on the site?

That'd be useful, or exact times the interview is on.

I would like to have listened to the stick interview but really don't really like the whole radio show so didn't want to wait for it.

We are working on archiving all the Thailand Today shows. The show is evolving and any feedback, negative or positive is appreciated. Please be specific. We are trying to focus more on talk and less on the music during that hour. The Stickman interview was not aired in it's entirety. I pulled some cuts (sound bites) for the first segment. I'll be rolling out more of the interview over the next few weeks on a once a week basis.

Could anyone explain to me how one man could be in possession of sufficient information upon which he could form such an opinion?

This is just another of those cheap sensationalist pseudo-journalists yet again turning a trick on the hackneyed subject of bar girls.

A subject, if any one of us lesser members, just happens to mention, in passing, our thread would be closed and deleted immediately.

IMHO - hypocritical double standards.

First, you're responding to a quote from a quote and not the actual words from the man himself. If you had listened to what he said, it would have been easy to understand how he came to the conclusion that he did.

Regarding the subject matter, you may be right. I'm rather new to Thai Visa dot com and how it all works. Any tips in that regard will help me negociate this cyber world. We are trying to build listenership for a show that has real potential. We want to be relevant to both long term expats and those investigating Thailand for the first time.

Help in that effort would also be appreciated.