American Football

ChuckZ

shelled out the $210 for the yahoo gamepass . . streamed great, was even able to stream the highest picture quality (1200kbps) even though my speed was listed at 320 kbps (though resolution deteriorated a bit when i went to big screen on my laptop; the small window was super clear). was a bit worried that the stream wouldn't be the same as the test video but it streamed great live! not sure about pre-game, but there wasn't any postgame. i think i listed before, but my internet connection is with tt@t - the one that is around 1,000 baht and comes to about 1,200 on the bill (not sure of the exact speed).

the gmen's dline and online took control of the game, won the battle of the trenches on both sides; thought the redskins offense would be more effective especially with osi out but steve spagnola still brought the pressure all night and campbell didn't have much time to throw

go eagles! #5 is back!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shelled out the $210 for the yahoo gamepass . . streamed great, was even able to stream the highest picture quality (1200kbps) even though my speed was listed at 320 kbps (though resolution deteriorated a bit when i went to big screen on my laptop; the small window was super clear). was a bit worried that the stream wouldn't be the same as the test video but it streamed great live! not sure about pre-game, but there wasn't any postgame. i think i listed before, but my internet connection is with tt@t - the one that is around 1,000 baht and comes to about 1,200 on the bill (not sure of the exact speed).

the gmen's dline and online took control of the game, won the battle of the trenches on both sides; thought the redskins offense would be more effective especially with osi out but steve spagnola still brought the pressure all night and campbell didn't have much time to throw

go eagles! #5 is back!

Thanks very much for that report, qwunk! I was hoping that somebody who already had the Game Pass here would report on it after this game.

The NFL should thank you, too; because you just provided the small push needed to land another customer for them. I'm going to sign up today, and have it for the weekend's games!!

Did anybody else also view the game and Game Pass? If so, were you're results also very good?

I did watch the game on a free internet stream. I had very good quality for most of the game; but I had to move through 3 different links before I found one that was solid. And I even lost that one for a short time on two occasions.

I'm looking forward to the Game Pass "extras" of being able to see some "NFL Network" programming, and to access games for a replay anytime. That's something that strong fans of every team like to do, I think.

Thanks again for the report!

Just a quick note to those on Phuket or those that have access to Astro vision Super Sports. They had been advertising American football all week and delivered this morning :D:D I recently moved from a house with UBC @2500 B a month to one with Phuket cable @ 300 B a month. This cable actually has more sports, more movies and I still get BBC and CNN. :o Who knew???

go eagles! #5 is back!

Thanks very much for that report, qwunk! I was hoping that somebody who already had the Game Pass here would report on it after this game.

The NFL should thank you, too; because you just provided the small push needed to land another customer for them. I'm going to sign up today, and have it for the weekend's games!!

Did anybody else also view the game and Game Pass? If so, were you're results also very good?

I did watch the game on a free internet stream. I had very good quality for most of the game; but I had to move through 3 different links before I found one

that was solid. And I even lost that one for a short time on two occasions.

I'm looking forward to the Game Pass "extras" of being able to see some "NFL Network" programming, and to access games for a replay anytime. That's something that strong fans of every team like to do, I think.

Thanks again for the report!

Hi Pat,

I also watched the game on free internet stream, thanks to you. The only good link I could get was Dutch NFL Network. The picture quality was good, but the audio was in DUTCH! I tried listening to audio on NFL Field Pass, but the Field Pass audio was about 3 minutes ahead of the internet stream.

Greg

I reviewed the True schedules and could only find these two Sunday day games on TrueSport 3 (as Thaigreg posted perviously):

08-Sep-2008 00:00 63 NFL 2008/2009 :

001: TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS @ NEW ORLEANS SAINTS (08-SEP-2008)

08-Sep-2008 03:15 63 NFL 2008/2009 :

002: DALLAS COWBOYS @ CLEVELAND BROWNS (08-SEP-2008)

These games are re-broadcast several times

I reviewed the True schedules and could only find these two Sunday day games on TrueSport 3 (as Thaigreg posted perviously):

08-Sep-2008 00:00 63 NFL 2008/2009 :

001: TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS @ NEW ORLEANS SAINTS (08-SEP-2008)

08-Sep-2008 03:15 63 NFL 2008/2009 :

002: DALLAS COWBOYS @ CLEVELAND BROWNS (08-SEP-2008)

These games are re-broadcast several times

eagles #1 and #2 wide receivers out for the opener, plus hurricane hannah is suppossed to hit tonight . . sounds like andy reid finally might have to run the ball. any rams fans out there?

Referring to an earlier post.

Last season Woodstock showed NFL games (Sunday Night games) every Monday evening during the season and playoffs. I have contacted the owner and they will be showing the games again this season. The games are shown on the 3rd floor with large screen projector and English commentary, and no distractions since it is a private viewing room.

They don't announce the schedules due to the unreliability of True Visions, a problem we are all aware of.

Watch out for Eagles rookie WR, DeSean Jackson. He looked like a player in pre-season. If he can deal with the regular season anywhere near as well, he could be the best rookie WR in the league; and a definite factor for the Eagles.

i hope . . he looked sweet in the preseason: http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimedia/ (go to jackson highlights)

anyone else having issues with their yahoo gamepass? i just tried to play the reskins/giants archive game just to see if they post the score in the beginning, but it wouldn't play - and now i can't even play the test video. hope it works by sunday night or i'll go bonkers.

That was my original post mentioning about Woodstock, but only read about it, never went last year. What was/is your impression of the place, either as a pub in general, or as a venue for watching NFL football???

Referring to an earlier post.

Last season Woodstock showed NFL games (Sunday Night games) every Monday evening during the season and playoffs. I have contacted the owner and they will be showing the games again this season. The games are shown on the 3rd floor with large screen projector and English commentary, and no distractions since it is a private viewing room.

They don't announce the schedules due to the unreliability of True Visions, a problem we are all aware of.

Guys, there is a way to get internet streams of games. I did it all last season, and when Patriots games were not on Truevisions, I watched them via stream. Some of the software used is better than others. It ranges from "a little jumpy and blurred", all the way to darn near TV broadcast quality.

As an "insane level" fan, I'll watch any 'live' Patriots broadcast that's good enough not to blind me! :-) I never missed a game last season.

If you are dedicated enought to want to watch YOUR team 'live', at any hour of the day or night, send me an email. I'll be happy to share details with you. But I don't want to put it out here. ... Oh, it is free. There's no "sales pitch" here. It's a public site, with which I have absolutely no connection, beyond the fact that I signed up.

I'm interested in this. Can you send me the info?

Watch out for Eagles rookie WR, DeSean Jackson. He looked like a player in pre-season. If he can deal with the regular season anywhere near as well, he could be the best rookie WR in the league; and a definite factor for the Eagles.

Time will tell, but let's remember that he was the 7th wide receiver chosen in this year's NFL draft and is only starting because two wide receivers that would play instead of him are hurt. He is quick, no doubt, but let's see if he can back up his mouth when he finds out how quick db's are at the NFL level. It will be interesting.

Time will tell, but let's remember that he was the 7th wide receiver chosen in this year's NFL draft and is only starting because two wide receivers that would play instead of him are hurt. He is quick, no doubt, but let's see if he can back up his mouth when he finds out how quick db's are at the NFL level. It will be interesting.

my initials hopes were for him to fill the huge hole we had at punt returner (anyone remember us losing the first game of the year last year to green bay because we couldn't fair catch a punt?), maybe he would become something like dante hall. but, after preseason, and i know preseason is preseason, i think he could amount to more . . he is a confident, tough little bugger with effortless speed and quick moves. i am not even going to go anywhere near steve smith at this point obviously, but we'll see . . he's starting today due to injury

my initials hopes were for him to fill the huge hole we had at punt returner (anyone remember us losing the first game of the year last year to green bay because we couldn't fair catch a punt?), maybe he would become something like dante hall. but, after preseason, and i know preseason is preseason, i think he could amount to more . . he is a confident, tough little bugger with effortless speed and quick moves. i am not even going to go anywhere near steve smith at this point obviously, but we'll see . . he's starting today due to injury

Hey, the Cowboys would love to have him and for that matter anyone. Somehow, their brain trust have just been forced to move a guy off of their practice squad to become their third WR for tonight's opener in Cleveland. Think about it. This guy is from Montana State, he wasn't drafted, he has never played in the NFL, he was cut and cleared waivers and now will play most of tonight's game. Believe me, take anything I say about any WR with a grain of salt. In fact, if a grain of salt could catch a pass, we would sign him up.

It was that Boston Globe front-page feature jinx for sure, "For Number 12, a gilded age". Oh crap. No doubt he had one of the greatest runs in NFL history, 112 consecutive starts third to Brett Favre at 255 and Peyton Manning at 162. He's out for the entire year so it may be a bit of a slog for we Pats fans.

The Red Sox won again and are closing on the Rays.

Houston was completely embarrassed by Pittsburgh... real upsetting loss.

Did Pittsburgh give other teams a bootprint to debacle Houston with?

No. Houston is a mediocre team and you just need to play better (which isn't asking much) than them to win. Their defense is nonexistent outside of two players, the offensive line is asleep for the second half of the game and Schaub is a fragile little pussy that's easily flustered. You don't need a master plan to beat that team.

He played great of course and all Eagles fans are very happy after THAT game, aye?

Not much went wrong at all.

DeSean was super as well as Westy and McNabb. Nice game.

yes.

eagles vs. cowboys next week . . think it's monday night. can't wait. god i hate the cowboys.

Having had the same injuries to the same knee as Mr. Brady, all I can say is good luck. He'll have the best treatment money can buy but it will never be the same. You mind starts to drift to your knee when you are moving wondering if it will hold as you recall that terrible pain. We will see next year.

Yeah sure. Calling Mr Culpepper not a bad idea.

One of the ESPN crack staff had Detroit winning their division this year. Sure didn't look that way today!

Favre looks comfy in NY. With Buffalo's big win today the AFC east looks wide open.

Cowboys are a fantasy dream team. I love to hate them too but they do look good.

What's up in San Diego? Raiders and the Broncos playing for 1st place tomorrow. Go Raiders!!!