American Football

ChuckZ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please tell me what TrueSport Channel the NFL games will be on tonight. For some reason the schedule function on TrueVisions is not functioning for me. The games have been on different True Sports channels each week and I need to tell the apartment manager which True Sport channel to switch to tonight. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks:-)

Can someone please tell me what TrueSport Channel the NFL games will be on tonight. For some reason the schedule function on TrueVisions is not functioning for me. The games have been on different True Sports channels each week and I need to tell the apartment manager which True Sport channel to switch to tonight. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks:-)

It's TS 2 tonight. But all the replays are on TS 4.

Games are:

Vikings @ Texans at 00:00

Redskins @ Cowboys at 03:15

Replays on TS 4 at 12:30 and 15:30 on Monday; and 08:00 and 11:00 on Tuesday.

Games are:

Vikings @ Texans at 00:00

Redskins @ Cowboys at 03:15

Replays on TS 4 at 12:30 and 15:30 on Monday; and 08:00 and 11:00 on Tuesday.

Do you mean Vikings @ Titans? Because Minnesota is playing Tennessee and not Houston. Or is the game the Texans @ Jaguars? Both kind of suck, but that Redskins vs Cowboys game is going to be great if I can only stay up long enough to watch it live:-)

Anyway, thanks all for informing me it's on TrueSport 2 tonight. Looks like I won't have to get the guy to change it as TrueSport 1 & 2 are already up and running.

I did a search at the TrueVisions website, and found these related telecasts:

TS2 = Ch. 60 (digital)

TS4 = cH. 62 (digital)

(60)

NFL 2008/2009

007: MINNESOTA VIKINGS @ TENNESSEE TITANS (29-SEP-2008)

29-Sep-2008 00:00

008: WASHINGTON REDSKINS @ DALLAS COWBOYS (29-SEP-2008)

29-Sep-2008 03:15

(62)

NFL 2008/2009

006: PITTSBURGH STEELERS @ PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (22-SEP-2008)

28-Sep-2008 07:00

29-Sep-2008 12:30

29-Sep-2008 15:30

30-Sep-2008 08:00

30-Sep-2008 11:00

I got up at 3AM this morning to watch the Redskins Cowboys game. DallasNews.com called this a trap game and it is one I feared. I know the Cowboys are many times better than the Redskins, but it is hard for a pro team to get up after playing the Eagles and then the Pack. I expected the Cowboys to be flat, but hoped for the best. They were flat and lost by 2. Pacman said this was good for the Cowboys as it will do them good later in the year to remind them that they have to play hard in ever game. I agree.

I notice that the Bears beat the Eagles. Everything that I have said for the Cowboys relates to the Eagles. I know the Eagles are better than the Bears (some will disagree on this, but not me), but the Eagles are coming off of games with the Cowboys and Steelers and also couldn't get up for their opponent. It is a long season and at the end, as it relates to the NFC, it will be the Eagles and Cowboys in the Championship game.

What this all shows us Cowboys and Eagles fans is how rare the Patriots team was last year as they could win regardless of who they played during the season.

Cowboys many times better than the Redskins? Yet they lost... Eagles better than the Bears, same result. Broncos better than KC. Every Sunday there are upsets. Let's wait to see how the season turns out before we crown the Cowboys the NFL champs...

The reason the games are played. It is to see which team is better on the day. Today those teams were not the Cowboys, Eagles or Broncos.

Cowboys many times better than the Redskins? Yet they lost... Eagles better than the Bears, same result. Broncos better than KC. Every Sunday there are upsets. Let's wait to see how the season turns out before we crown the Cowboys the NFL champs...

The reason the games are played. It is to see which team is better on the day. Today those teams were not the Cowboys, Eagles or Broncos.

Totally agree. Granted we're only 4 games into the season but I suspect that the highly touted NFC East has been grossly over rated.

HAVE IT ! :D:D:D:D cheifs are off hahahahahaha finally ! LJ rushing for 198 yards 2 touch downs what a game for him. Tony G as usual comes up with some important plays, only 3 but they were all vital and one being a touchdown.

Lets hope we can keep this fluency but I highly doubt it :o

I would agree last week Dolphins beating patriots was an unusual one as was the skins game.

Hold on, I said the Cowboys and Eagles in the NFC championship game. I didn't say I was crowning the Cowboys nor did I say any team would win the SB. My comments related to my views on the NFC only.

Granted we're only 4 games into the season but I suspect that the highly touted NFC East has been grossly over rated.

That is a hilarious comment. Simply hilarious. Are you even aware that the the 4 NFC East teams in the aggregate this year are 8-1 against teams outside of the NFC East?. The only loss was the Eagles 4 point loss to da Bears today (another NFC team), after they humiliated the AFC's Steelers last week. NFC East over-rated? I think not.

Four games into the season (and only 3 for some teams), it really is much too early to be making decisions about the relative strength of any teams or Divisions.

Belichick always tells his players (and the writers who care to pay attention) that there are enough changes in the rosters of all teams, and sometimes in things like rules and "points of emphasis" in officiating, to truly make each season a new, and developing situation. What we see in September is very often not what we see in December. In fact, Belichick's famous mantra is that the season really begins at Thanksgiving. Everything before that is preparation and development.

Obviously, it's important to try to win every game from opening day on; and definitely to keep your team in position to win it's Division. But most teams, especially most good teams, don't play all their cards in September. Then there are the ever present, unfortunate, injuries that change things from week to week, all across the league.

So I really tend to ignore the press chatter about "strongest Division", and "Power Rankings", etc. Just let 'em play the games, and enjoy the fact that the "any given Sunday" adage is what makes the game so much fun for us all.

And, speaking of fun, what a great Monday of football I had, beginning at 00:00! I watched 5 games. At midnight, I had the Vikings/Titans game on the TV; and watched the Broncos/Chiefs game on my laptop (via NFL Game Pass). I followed those with the Redskins/Cowboys game on TV; and the Chargers/Raiders on the laptop. Then I went to bed, an slept for a few hours. I got up about 13:00, and ran the replay of the Eagles/Bears game from NFL Game Pass, putting it up on the TV. Of course, I did that before opening my email, or any other websites, so it was a "tape delay" for me, with no knowledge of the results. That was a lot of great football!

Tomorrow morning, I'll be up to watch the Steelers/Ravens live at 7:30.

Yes, I truly am an addict. With or without my Patriots playing, I LOVE THE NFL!!

By the way, are any of you guys familiar with the Agila satellite (over the Philippines) that's available via a big dish? I also access that; and that provides a live broadcast of the Monday Night games on Tuesday morning. I'll try it tomorrow, but I'm guessing that it probably goes off the network coverage during highlight breaks and commercials, as Truevisions does. If so, I'll stick with the NFL Game Pass coverage, which is the full USA broadcast. The good thing about it is that I can leave the Agila broadcast on the alternate setting, in case my internet connections goes sour during the game, which sometimes does happen with the morning games.

Four games into the season (and only 3 for some teams), it really is much too early to be making decisions about the relative strength of any teams or Divisions.

Belichick always tells his players (and the writers who care to pay attention) that there are enough changes in the rosters of all teams, and sometimes in things like rules and "points of emphasis" in officiating, to truly make each season a new, and developing situation. What we see in September is very often not what we see in December. In fact, Belichick's famous mantra is that the season really begins at Thanksgiving. Everything before that is preparation and development.

Obviously, it's important to try to win every game from opening day on; and definitely to keep your team in position to win it's Division. But most teams, especially most good teams, don't play all their cards in September. Then there are the ever present, unfortunate, injuries that change things from week to week, all across the league.

So I really tend to ignore the press chatter about "strongest Division", and "Power Rankings", etc. Just let 'em play the games, and enjoy the fact that the "any given Sunday" adage is what makes the game so much fun for us all.

And, speaking of fun, what a great Monday of football I had, beginning at 00:00! I watched 5 games. At midnight, I had the Vikings/Titans game on the TV; and watched the Broncos/Chiefs game on my laptop (via NFL Game Pass). I followed those with the Redskins/Cowboys game on TV; and the Chargers/Raiders on the laptop. Then I went to bed, an slept for a few hours. I got up about 13:00, and ran the replay of the Eagles/Bears game from NFL Game Pass, putting it up on the TV. Of course, I did that before opening my email, or any other websites, so it was a "tape delay" for me, with no knowledge of the results. That was a lot of great football!

Tomorrow morning, I'll be up to watch the Steelers/Ravens live at 7:30.

Yes, I truly am an addict. With or without my Patriots playing, I LOVE THE NFL!!

By the way, are any of you guys familiar with the Agila satellite (over the Philippines) that's available via a big dish? I also access that; and that provides a live broadcast of the Monday Night games on Tuesday morning. I'll try it tomorrow, but I'm guessing that it probably goes off the network coverage during highlight breaks and commercials, as Truevisions does. If so, I'll stick with the NFL Game Pass coverage, which is the full USA broadcast. The good thing about it is that I can leave the Agila broadcast on the alternate setting, in case my internet connections goes sour during the game, which sometimes does happen with the morning games.

Does the gamepass work well in Bangkok ? how quick is your connection ?

I'm in the Pattaya area; not in BKK. My ISP is C.A.T. Telecom, which, according to most comments I've seen, seems to be about the best available here. It is unstable at times; and can sometimes be very slow during peak daytime hours. Most of the time, even during peak hours, my speed is at least over 600 kbps, which will sustain the video stream. In off peak hours, I run at about 1500 or more.

The good news, with regard to NFL Game Pass, is that the USA Sunday afternoon games are, of course, 'live' here from midnight to about 6:30 AM. I've had minimal problems during those hours, with only a few minutes of delays over the entire 4 weeks that I've been using it. The morning hours and afternoon hours are less dependable; but the replay I ran at 1 PM today was fine.

As I've said before here, I advise that anyone considering NFL Game Pass buy a one week trial. It's worth the relatively small expense to ensure that your connection can carry it, before you shell out for the full season. Since we're already 4 weeks into the season, you might want to think about waiting for a "mid-season" rate, if they do that sort of thing. I'm not sure about that.

I'm in the Pattaya area; not in BKK. My ISP is C.A.T. Telecom, which, according to most comments I've seen, seems to be about the best available here. It is unstable at times; and can sometimes be very slow during peak daytime hours. Most of the time, even during peak hours, my speed is at least over 600 kbps, which will sustain the video stream. In off peak hours, I run at about 1500 or more.

The good news, with regard to NFL Game Pass, is that the USA Sunday afternoon games are, of course, 'live' here from midnight to about 6:30 AM. I've had minimal problems during those hours, with only a few minutes of delays over the entire 4 weeks that I've been using it. The morning hours and afternoon hours are less dependable; but the replay I ran at 1 PM today was fine.

As I've said before here, I advise that anyone considering NFL Game Pass buy a one week trial. It's worth the relatively small expense to ensure that your connection can carry it, before you shell out for the full season. Since we're already 4 weeks into the season, you might want to think about waiting for a "mid-season" rate, if they do that sort of thing. I'm not sure about that.

I am just listening to it on the field pass and it has cut out quite a lot, the thing is I have a very quick internet so I do not know why. Lets wait as see if the chiefs and get some games going :o I love watching them anyway but true only show about 1 of thier macthes a season !

I'm OK for the night games now, with NFL Game Pass. But, just on principle, I'm still fighting with Truevisions for you guys. Here's a note I just sent to them.

"

I, along with ALL fans of the NFL, am VERY disappointed with the FAILURE of Truevisions to provide us with 4 live broadcasts of NFL games this year, as you did in the past. The games that are broadcast on Sunday night and Monday night in the USA are available at an excellent time here in Thailand - about 7:30 in the morning. But you only give us the two US Sunday afternoon games here, broadcast at midnight and 3 AM.

That is VERY, VERY, POOR SERVICE in return for the large fees we Platinum Subscribers pay! You have nearly 24 hour coverage of SOCCER; but you ABANDON AND IGNORE your American NFL viewers.

SHAME ON YOU! "

I got up at 3AM this morning to watch the Redskins Cowboys game. DallasNews.com called this a trap game and it is one I feared. I know the Cowboys are many times better than the Redskins, but it is hard for a pro team to get up after playing the Eagles and then the Pack. I expected the Cowboys to be flat, but hoped for the best. They were flat and lost by 2. Pacman said this was good for the Cowboys as it will do them good later in the year to remind them that they have to play hard in ever game. I agree.

I notice that the Bears beat the Eagles. Everything that I have said for the Cowboys relates to the Eagles. I know the Eagles are better than the Bears (some will disagree on this, but not me), but the Eagles are coming off of games with the Cowboys and Steelers and also couldn't get up for their opponent. It is a long season and at the end, as it relates to the NFC, it will be the Eagles and Cowboys in the Championship game.

What this all shows us Cowboys and Eagles fans is how rare the Patriots team was last year as they could win regardless of who they played during the season.

yeah, both the cowboys and eagles had ample opportunities to win those games.

especially the eagles, the bears tried to give us the game numerous time with four second half turnovers. but our offense was ugly without westbrook; horrible in the red zone. with that being said, if reid lets mcnabb sneak on 4th down and an inch at the goaline with 2 mins left in the 4th the eagles win that game . . so frustrating . . in the previous two running plays the eagles center, jamal jackson, pushed his guy back but chicagos ends and linebackers got penetration, mcnabb would have scored easily on a sneak on 4th down - as i was screaming for the sneak on 4th down and again watching jamal jackson blow his man two yards into the end zone, we run the same play as third down and give it to buckhalter 3 yards deep and watch the bears d-ends and linebackers stuff him just like the third down run. <deleted>! i don't care if mcnabb has a chest contusion - we need to win that game!

sorry about the vent. but seriously, that's the kind of loss that comes back to bite you in december, especially in the nfc east and with the cowboys losing.

i will give the bears credit though . . their D came to play. also the redskins did too; especially their secondary, shawn spings in particular.

hey OMR, did you see TO yapping after the game? even though he touched the ball around 20 times out of about 60 plays? the cancer is starting . . sorry, couldn't resist.

Edited by qwunk89

especially the eagles, the bears tried to give us the game numerous time with four second half turnovers. but our offense was ugly without westbrook; horrible in the red zone. with that being said, if reid lets mcnabb sneak on 4th down and an inch at the goaline with 2 mins left in the 4th the eagles win that game . . so frustrating . . in the previous two running plays the eagles center, jamal jackson, pushed his guy back but chicagos ends and linebackers got penetration, mcnabb would have scored easily on a sneak on 4th down - as i was screaming for the sneak on 4th down and again watching jamal jackson blow his man two yards into the end zone, we run the same play as third down and give it to buckhalter 3 yards deep and watch the bears d-ends and linebackers stuff him just like the third down run. <deleted>! i don't care if mcnabb has a chest contusion - we need to win that game!

sorry about the vent. but seriously, that's the kind of loss that comes back to bite you in december, especially in the nfc east and with the cowboys losing.

i will give the bears credit though . . their D came to play. also the redskins did too; especially their secondary, shawn spings in particular.

hey OMR, did you see TO yapping after the game? even though he touched the ball around 20 times out of about 60 plays? the cancer is starting . . sorry, couldn't resist.

The bottom line, guys, is the same for those two games as it was for the Super Bowl. The team that played the best game on that day won the game. I can go on for hours telling you why the Patriots of last season were a "better team" than the Giants. But, in the Super Bowl, the Giants played a better game for all 60 minutes. Whatever faults I can point out about the Patriots play in that game, the fact is that the Giants made less mistakes, and kept enough gas in their tank, to win the game at the end.

I watched both the Cowboys and Eagles games. They were both beaten by teams that outplayed them on that day. Washington took away the Cowboys running game, and they protected their own QB well enough to give him time for 2nd and 3rd options on pass plays. The Bears D brought it to the Eagles all game long. The Eagles shut down the Bears running game, and challenged Orton to beat them; and the Bears picked up the Eagles blitz well enough to allow Orton to find receivers, and move the ball well.

The better teams, that day, won. Believe me, nobody knows how much it stings to say that as much as I do. My Patriots lost a perfect season, and the chance to shove the 'Spygate' crap down everybody's throat! You have no idea how much Patriots fans wanted that! But, in the Super Bowl, where I know that our players and coaches wanted it just as badly, we ran into a team that outplayed us on that day.

Same thing happened to your Cowboys, OMR, and your Eagles, qwunk. They were outplayed this weekend.

The bottom line, guys, is the same for those two games as it was for the Super Bowl. The team that played the best game on that day won the game. I can go on for hours telling you why the Patriots of last season were a "better team" than the Giants. But, in the Super Bowl, the Giants played a better game for all 60 minutes. Whatever faults I can point out about the Patriots play in that game, the fact is that the Giants made less mistakes, and kept enough gas in their tank, to win the game at the end.

I watched both the Cowboys and Eagles games. They were both beaten by teams that outplayed them on that day. Washington took away the Cowboys running game, and they protected their own QB well enough to give him time for 2nd and 3rd options on pass plays. The Bears D brought it to the Eagles all game long. The Eagles shut down the Bears running game, and challenged Orton to beat them; and the Bears picked up the Eagles blitz well enough to allow Orton to find receivers, and move the ball well.

The better teams, that day, won. Believe me, nobody knows how much it stings to say that as much as I do. My Patriots lost a perfect season, and the chance to shove the 'Spygate' crap down everybody's throat! You have no idea how much Patriots fans wanted that! But, in the Super Bowl, where I know that our players and coaches wanted it just as badly, we ran into a team that outplayed us on that day.

Same thing happened to your Cowboys, OMR, and your Eagles, qwunk. They were outplayed this weekend.

The bottom line is that both the Bears and Redskins played OK, but neither the Eagles or Cowboys were outplayed. They just didn't take advantage of the opportunities given to them.

I don't agree at all with your comment that the Redskins took away Dallas' running game. Jason Garrett took away Dallas' running game and he is being crucified in the Dallas press for it (and rightly so). Barber had only 8 touches from scrimmage the entire game and Felix Jones had no touches from the line. In the second half, Barber touched the ball only 3 times, all during the third quarter and these were runs of 3, 5, and 15. He wasn't stopped by the Redskins. It wasn't like the Cowboys were way behind and in fact, they never were behind by more than 10 points and that was in the second quarter and only for 2 minutes before Dallas came back and scored. There was absolutely no reason whatsoever for Garrett to shut down the Cowboy's running game and have Romo throw 47 times in a close game. It was a ridiculous coaching decision.

Everyone was frustrated by this loss. T.O.'s frustration gets printed so he is an easy target. There was a lot else going on as well. Did you see Newman ready to rip Patrick Watkins head off on the sideline? A crowd of coaches and players got around Newman fast. Too bad he didn't get to Watkins as Watkins ended up being the 12th man on the field standing 30 yards from the ball when Dallas stuffed the Skins behind the line on a 3rd and short. That play led to 3 points for Washington and they only won by 2.

Yesterday was a very forgettable day for both of us.

Granted we're only 4 games into the season but I suspect that the highly touted NFC East has been grossly over rated.

That is a hilarious comment. Simply hilarious. Are you even aware that the the 4 NFC East teams in the aggregate this year are 8-1 against teams outside of the NFC East?. The only loss was the Eagles 4 point loss to da Bears today (another NFC team), after they humiliated the AFC's Steelers last week. NFC East over-rated? I think not.

There's 12 more regular season games yet to play. We'll revisit the stats in December and see how hilarious it looks then.

The bottom line is that both the Bears and Redskins played OK, but neither the Eagles or Cowboys were outplayed. They just didn't take advantage of the opportunities given to them.

I don't agree at all with your comment that the Redskins took away Dallas' running game. Jason Garrett took away Dallas' running game and he is being crucified in the Dallas press for it (and rightly so). Barber had only 8 touches from scrimmage the entire game and Felix Jones had no touches from the line. In the second half, Barber touched the ball only 3 times, all during the third quarter and these were runs of 3, 5, and 15. He wasn't stopped by the Redskins. It wasn't like the Cowboys were way behind and in fact, they never were behind by more than 10 points and that was in the second quarter and only for 2 minutes before Dallas came back and scored. There was absolutely no reason whatsoever for Garrett to shut down the Cowboy's running game and have Romo throw 47 times in a close game. It was a ridiculous coaching decision.

You're rationalizing, OMR. The fact is that the Cowboy coaches are certainly well aware of what Barber is capable of against a "normal" defense. They recognized, as could any viewer, that the Redskins set there D to take away the run, playing 8 in the box most of the time on 1st and 2nd down. Barber ran a total of 8 times, as you said. He had that one 15 yard run. In the other 7 carries, he totalled 11 yards. ELEVEN YARDS! I'd

You're rationalizing, OMR. The fact is that the Cowboy coaches are certainly well aware of what Barber is capable of against a "normal" defense. They recognized, as could any viewer, that the Redskins set there D to take away the run, playing 8 in the box most of the time on 1st and 2nd down. Barber ran a total of 8 times, as you said. He had that one 15 yard run. In the other 7 carries, he totalled 11 yards. ELEVEN YARDS! I'd

(OOPS! Cut myself off by hitting the wrong button!) As I was saying, I'd say that the Redskins DID shut down the run, if they allowed 11 yards on 7 carries by one of the best RBs in the league!

The Cowboys WERE outplayed on Sunday, OMR. That's why they lost. As the conversations prior to the games noted, one game doesn't make a season. This win by the Redskins doesn't mean that they will be the best team over the course of the season. But it does mean, as far as what my eyes told me, that they WERE the best team on the field Sunday.

(OOPS! Cut myself off by hitting the wrong button!) As I was saying, I'd say that the Redskins DID shut down the run, if they allowed 11 yards on 7 carries by one of the best RBs in the league!

The Cowboys WERE outplayed on Sunday, OMR. That's why they lost. As the conversations prior to the games noted, one game doesn't make a season. This win by the Redskins doesn't mean that they will be the best team over the course of the season. But it does mean, as far as what my eyes told me, that they WERE the best team on the field Sunday.

Patsfangr, you know football better than this. You know you can't pick out the carries you want and say that is what a running back did in a game. The running game was, as always with the Cowboys' O-line, starting to run downhill in the second half. Barber gained 23 yards on just 3 carries for an average in the second half of over 7 yards per touch! THEN, they abandoned the running game. It was just plain stupid. Phillips is taking the blame for this, but he is covering for Garrett who gets paid enough to know better.

patsfang do you think they will do a mid-season reduction on game pass ? I checked out the demo and downloaded the player and it works perfectly although I never doubted seeing I have triple the required speed.

So what do you think about there being a reduction or would I be best to get it now ?

Also

Do you have the full package with all the extras ? If so what do you get apart from being able to watch every game ?

Also

What about the playoffs is this included or is there another package you have to buy when it comes to the start of them ?

Edited by bravingbangkok