American Football

ChuckZ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stayed at the Nana Hotel last weekend and was pleasantly suprised that they carry both ESPN and Supersport Gold. Hense, I was able to watch 3 games between midnight and 11 AM Monday morning.

But, word must be out, because I tried booking Oct 9th but the hotel is full. Anyway, a nice low-cost option compared to JW Marriott, Sheraton, or Westin.

• 1 month later...
With a 24-21 overtime win, just MAYBE the donkeys (aka Broncos) are for real!

:D

I assume Billy Cundiff is eating Goat instead of turkey today! :o

I think Drew gets first call on the goat. Two INT's, and a total choke on the final opportunity to win the game. A 1st down on his own 30, with 44 seconds on the clock, and a time out. Result? A 3 and out! Nice, Drew!

That's why I still celebrate the hit by Mo Lewis that gave Tom Brady the shot to be the QB of my team. Bledsoe sucks!

Happy Turkey Day everybody!

can't believe I missed thanks giving day games again because of work.... but atleast I had turkey last night. Does anyone know if there's gonna be a replay of the games on UBC?

oh and seeing I don't get many chances to do this....

GO COLTS!

colts.jpg:o

This week's televised games: (Bangkok local time)

Monday, 28 Nov. 01:00 NE Pats @ KC Chiefs SuperSport

Monday, 28 Nov. 04:15 NY Giants @ Seattle Seahawks SuperSport

Monday, 28 Nov. 08:30 New Orleans Saints @ NY Jets ESPN

Tuesday, 29 Nov. 09:00 Pittsburgh Steelers @ Indianapolis Colts ESPN

That last game, the MNF weekly game, should be good as Rothlisberger is due back.

That last game, the MNF weekly game, should be good as Rothlisberger is due back.

Can you tell me what channels or services are carrying these games, AND how you got the specific schedule information? Is this cable or satellite, etc?

Can you tell me what channels or services are carrying these games, AND how you got the specific schedule information? Is this cable or satellite, etc?

I have a very basic UBC package. (OK, I don't but my landlord does.) The channels carrying these games are listed in my post, SuperSport and ESPN. SuperSport is on Ch. 30 on my UBC system, ESPN, Ch. 32. The Bangkok Post has a list of televised sports programs each day in their Sports section, or you can review the individual .TXT files (for SuperSport, ESPN and others) in the current month's UBC schedule .

I am watching the first game here in Bangkok, Pats are currently losing 16-26, and will be watching the Steelers v. Colts in Boston (Lexington, arrive BOS Mon. 29 Nov. ~ 7:30 PM.)! Off to the airport.

Go Pats!

I have a very basic UBC package. (OK, I don't but my landlord does.) The channels carrying these games are listed in my post, SuperSport and ESPN. SuperSport is on Ch. 30 on my UBC system, ESPN, Ch. 32. The Bangkok Post has a list of televised sports programs each day in their Sports section, or you can review the individual .TXT files (for SuperSport, ESPN and others) in the current month's UBC schedule .

I am watching the first game here in Bangkok, Pats are currently losing 16-26, and will be watching the Steelers v. Colts in Boston (Lexington, arrive BOS Mon. 29 Nov. ~ 7:30 PM.)! Off to the airport.

Go Pats!

Thanks for the info. I'll likely have both satellite and UBC cable when I move there in April. From what I've been told, the satellite channels available carry some replays of games, but don't provide an advance schedule to tell you which games those will be. Since I'm obviously a Pats fan, I'd like to know when their games will be shown. I have the 'DirecTV' package here in the USA, so I see all of their games.

That hasn't been as happy an experience this season as it was during the last 2 years. The Patriots have suffered one of the most devastating series of injuries this year that I've ever seen. Losing 4 CBs, and 2 Safeties for the season has left us much too vulnerable on defense. On offense, we've lost both starting Offensive Tackles, our Center, and, at this time, our 2 starting RBs, and 2 WRs.

The team, at this point, is made up of too many backups and, literally, guys picked up from the street to be competitive.

But I've been a Patriots fan since the team was created by Billy Sullivan in 1960. I've stayed with them through a lot of bad years, and I'm extremely grateful for the Bill Belichick era that has brought us Super Bowl wins in 3 of the last 4 seasons. For all the reasons noted above, I'm ready to accept that this may not be our year. But, whatever happens this season, I am confident that we'll be a strong, contending team for as long as BB remains our Head Coach.

GO PATS!

Thanks for the info. I'll likely have both satellite and UBC cable when I move there in April. From what I've been told, the satellite channels available carry some replays of games, but don't provide an advance schedule to tell you which games those will be. Since I'm obviously a Pats fan, I'd like to know when their games will be shown. I have the 'DirecTV' package here in the USA, so I see all of their games.

UBC generally play 4 games a week, 2 Sunday game, then Prime time, and monday night. Bot sure what games you'll get on satellite, but here's the link to JSAT for satellite in Thailand. JSAT

This weeks local (Thailand) schedule. (I think it is correct, will double-check tom'w.)

05/12/2005

UBC SuperSport (35) 01:00 National Football League 2005

025: CINCINNATI @ PITTSBURGH (05-DEC-2005)

College Hoops

ESPN

5/12/05

01:35:00 ACC / BIG TEN CHALLENGE TALLAHASSEE, FL USA Purdue Vs Florida State ® 02:00:00

05/12/2005

UBC SuperSport (35) 04:15 National Football League 2005

026: DENVER @ KANSAS CITY (05-DEC-2005)

05/12/2005

08:28:00 ESPN

NFL FOOTBALL SAN DIEGO, CA USA Oakland Raiders Vs San Diego Chargers (L) 03:02:00

05/12/2005

23:00:00 ESPN

NFL FOOTBALL SAN DIEGO, CA USA Oakland Raiders Vs San Diego Chargers ® 03:00:00 rebroadcast

ESPN

06/12/05

09:00:00 NFL FOOTBALL (I) PHILADELPHIA, PA USA Seattle Seahawks Vs Philadelphia Eagles (L) 03:30:00

http://www.startv.com/eng/oper_thai.cfm?schedule=true

http://www.ubctv.com/highlights/eng/whatson.aspx?worldid=3

Sorry to say that as near as I can figure this is a re-broadcast of a game played on Nov. 29. I don't want to tell you the results.

heh na it's ok, I'm not a huge hoops fan. I'm only cheering coz it's my alma mater. Beside I got a baseball game in the morning so I'm not gonna stay up late to watch it. Thanks anyways =)

New York Giants beat Dallas Cowboys - 17 - 10!

Now my team is number one in the NFC East! :D

Ok, I know, it's only a one game lead, but hey!

Giants defensive line looks like it's finally come alive now - I like Bill Parcells, but the look on his face when that big fumble by Clancy in the second half was priceless..... :D

What a great game!

As for the New York Jets game against the New England Patriots.....

.....What do you think.... :o

.....but then again, I was never a Jets fan.. Gang Green.....:D

( I have to admit, Adam Vinatieri is a amazing kicker.... :D )

New York Giants beat Dallas Cowboys  - 17 - 10!

Now my team is number one in the NFC East!  :D

Ok, I know, it's only a one game lead, but hey!

Giants defensive line looks like it's finally come alive now - I like Bill Parcells, but  the look on  his face when that big fumble by Clancy in the second half was priceless.....  :D

What a great game!

As for the New York Jets game against the New England  Patriots.....

.....What do you think.... :o

.....but then again, I was never a Jets fan.. Gang Green.....:D

( I have to admit,  Adam Vinatieri is a amazing kicker.... :D )

The Giants have a good chance to get to the SB this year. They're a well-rounded team.

As for my Patriots, it's a matter of whether they can get healthy enough over the next month, and get enough time with the same players on the field, to be ready for the playoffs. Beating the Jets meant nothing, since the Jets are an absolute mess this year. We'll win the Eastern Division. Beyond that, it's too early to tell. But I certainly won't EVER count Belichick out!!

patsfangr should be happy with Sports Illustrated's choice for

'Sportsman of the Year'. :D

The Giants are 2-3 on the road, so 3 more road games, they usually fold in the late season.

As it stands now the Pats would host a wild card game. Not bad considering the loss of coaches, players and injuries.

(Let's not talk about "the jinx". :o

post-9615-1133845387_thumb.jpg

Edited by lomatopo

patsfangr should be happy with Sports Illustrated's choice for

'Sportsman of the Year':D

The Giants are 2-3 on the road, so 3 more road games, they usually fold in the late season.

As it stands now the Pats would host a wild card game. Not bad considering the loss of coaches, players and injuries.

(Let's not talk about "the jinx". :o

An excellent choice, indeed!

For those who have counted the Patriots out, I say ... not so fast! Injuries devastated this team early in the season. The Patriots have started 43 players at the 22 positions on offense and defense thus far. Now, however, most of our key players are coming back: Bruschi, Seymour, Dillon, Faulk, Ashworth, and, soon, Light. That's a lot of Super Bowl Champion veterans to the rescue! And the secondary, the most damaged area of all, has actually had the same 4 players start, and play together for the past 2 games. The first time that's happened since week 3 of the season!

Consistency is the key to success in the NFL. It is returning for the Super Bowl Champions!

The Patriots will easily win the weak Eastern Division. As the team gets healthy, and plays together over the remaining 4 regular season games, they will go into the playoffs much stronger than they have been since the opening game.

Forget about the current won-lost records. Forget about the poor play you've seen until last week. Remember that this team, with the greatest Head Coach in the history of the NFL, has won 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls. Remember, and prepare for a January assault!

Here is this week’s schedule. (Note that beginning next week we start to have Saturday games, not sure what the local schedule for those might be?)

http://www.nfl.com/schedules

Monday, December 12, 2005

(35) UBC SuperSport

01:00 National Football League 2005 027: INDIANAPOLIS @ JACKSONVILLE (12-DEC-2005)

04:15 National Football League 2005 028: KANSAS CITY @ DALLAS (12-DEC-2005)

Re-Broadcast

17:00 National Football League 2005 027: INDIANAPOLIS @ JACKSONVILLE (12-DEC-2005)

20:00 National Football League 2005 028: KANSAS CITY @ DALLAS (12-DEC-2005)

Monday, December 12, 2005

ESPN

07:30:00 NFL PRIMETIME (L)

08:28:00 NFL FOOTBALL GREEN BAY, WI USA Detroit Lions Vs Green Bay Packers (L)

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

ESPN

09:00:00 NFL FOOTBALL (I) ATLANTA, GA USA New Orleans Vs Atlanta Falcons (L)

December 18, 2006

08:00:00 NFL PRIMETIME (L) 00:28:00 ESPN

08:28:00 NFL FOOTBALL NEW YORK CITY, NY USA Denver Broncos Vs Buffalo Bills (L) 03:02:00 ESPN

December 19, 2006

01:00 National Football League 2005 029: PITTSBURGH @ MINNESOTA (19-DEC-2005) SuperSport

04:15 National Football League 2005 030: DALLAS @ WASHINGTON (19-DEC-2005) SuperSport

07:30:00 NFL PRIMETIME (L) 00:58:00 ESPN

08:28:00 NFL FOOTBALL CHICAGO, IL USA Atlanta Falcons Vs Chicago Bears (L) 03:02:00 ESPN

December 20, 2006

08:30:00 NFL YEARBOOK 2004 GREEN BAY PACKERS (T) 00:30:00 ESPN

09:00:00 NFL FOOTBALL (I) BALTIMORE, MD USA Green Bay Packers Vs Baltimore Ravens (L) 03:30:00 ESPN

• 2 weeks later...

Dec. 25

UBC SuperSport

01:00 National Football League 2005 031: SAN DIEGO @ KANSAS CITY

04:15 National Football League 2005 032: INDIANAPOLIS @ SEATTLE

Dec. 26

ESPN

08:28:00 NFL FOOTBALL BALTIMORE, MD USA Minnesota Vikings Vs Baltimore Ravens (L) 03:02:00

Dec. 27

ESPN

08:30:00 NFL YEARBOOK 2004 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 00:30:00

09:00:00 NFL FOOTBALL (I) EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ USA New England Patriots Vs New York Jets (L) 03:30:00

Jan 5

ESPN

08:00:00 COLLEGE FOOTBALL BOWL GAME ROSE BOWL PASADENA, CA USA Texas Vs Usc (L) 03:30:00

Edited by lomatopo

Dec. 27

ESPN

08:30:00  NFL YEARBOOK 2004 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS   00:30:00

09:00:00  NFL FOOTBALL (I) EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ USA New England Patriots Vs New York Jets (L)  03:30:00 

Now THAT is a "don't miss it" combo!! That Yearbook show is really great. I have, of course, seen it here - along with many hours of the "3 Games To Glory" trio of DVDs that summarize and celebrate the Pats 3 Super Bowl wins in the past 4 years!

And, by the way, if you haven't been paying attention ... THEY'RE BA-AA-ACK!!

I know a Superbowl is alomst two months to go and UBC will broadcast it.  I wonder will there be anyone organizing The Super Bowl Party?  This year is going to be very special.  SEAHAWKS in the Superbowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

The Seahawks have a definite shot, Dan. But watch out for Da Bears! I think that's your NFC Championship game. The Bears defense is awesome. Now that they have a real QB back in there, they may be able to score enough to beat the Seahawks, even in Seattle.

I know that Bear's defense is among the best in the league but I'm not sure about the QB and the offense to score that many points. It is true that the Seahawks defense need a lot of help and all the injury seconday will be ready by playoff. We only rank 16th in total defense but surprisingly rank 4th in points allow per game (Thank to the CBS brodcasters last saturday for giving out this statistic :o ) Plus, our offensive line is among the best in the league as well. Maybe this talk of "the team of destiny" is not far off :D

I know that Bear's defense is among the best in the league but I'm not sure about the QB and the offense to score that many points.  It is true that the Seahawks defense need a lot of help and all the injury seconday will be ready by playoff.  We only rank 16th in total defense but surprisingly rank 4th in points allow per game (Thank to the CBS brodcasters last saturday for giving out this statistic :o )  Plus, our offensive line is among the best in the league as well.  Maybe this talk of "the team of destiny" is not far off :D

I'm a "semi-Seahawks fan" because of their connection, via Matt Hasselbeck, to my Patriots. As you probably know, his dad, Dan Hasselbeck, was a TE for the Patriots back in the 70's. So I'll actually be rooting for them to win the NFC Championship.

Of course, when they meet the Patriots in Super Bowl XL, that will be the end of my support ... and of their win streak! :D

I know that Bear's defense is among the best in the league but I'm not sure about the QB and the offense to score that many points.  It is true that the Seahawks defense need a lot of help and all the injury seconday will be ready by playoff.  We only rank 16th in total defense but surprisingly rank 4th in points allow per game (Thank to the CBS brodcasters last saturday for giving out this statistic :o )  Plus, our offensive line is among the best in the league as well.  Maybe this talk of "the team of destiny" is not far off :D

I'm a "semi-Seahawks fan" because of their connection, via Matt Hasselbeck, to my Patriots. As you probably know, his dad, Dan Hasselbeck, was a TE for the Patriots back in the 70's. So I'll actually be rooting for them to win the NFC Championship.

Of course, when they meet the Patriots in Super Bowl XL, that will be the end of my support ... and of their win streak! :D

Pats are on a roll and verywell could surprise everyone in there run to the bowl.

but I hope not because that would mean my steelers would be out of it. I don't want that to happen. The colts might have to hard of a time getting that winning streak started again and I can't see the Jags going anywhere without Leftwhich as starting QB. I don't have a good feeling for the Bronco's, so I going to say it will have to be up to the Pats or Steelers to represent the AFC at the dance.

PKG